I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 19th, 2008 10:25 PM

Days of Thunder. I really don't like Nascar or Tom Cruise, but my friend is rock solid for both. I was impressed that it had John C Reilly in it though. Made Talladega nights that much funnier.

Has anyone else seen the trailer for "The Onion movie"? Looks worth watching.

ElPila666 Apr 20th, 2008 10:08 AM

Talladega nights: the ballad of ricky bobby, that was awesome, i learned too many english expression throught that movie like "shake and bake" or "now you see it now you don't" among others

DALI-II Apr 22nd, 2008 09:39 AM

In movies: Idiocrasy. Awesome to the 10th degree.

On DVD: The Shining. Creepy awesome Hitchcockesque happy death fun time. Huzzah.:love

JediScum Apr 22nd, 2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DALI-II (Post 551019)
On DVD: The Shining. Creepy awesome Hitchcockesque happy death fun time. Huzzah.:love

This may sound odd, but which "The Shining"? I like the original with Jack Nicholson but, the movie has been, unfortunately re-made.

Seems like everything is getting re-made, so I innocently have to ask.

Greedo NEVER shot first.

RaNkeri Apr 22nd, 2008 02:47 PM

Wasn't there also a version that was "more loyal" to the King's novel?

After seeing Jack Nicholson in the role, can't really imagine anyone else as fitting for it.

executioneer Apr 22nd, 2008 04:13 PM

i kind of liked the remake :( it's more impressive to see the dude from wings being a crazy creepy guy than j. nicholson, because the dude from wings does not have creepy built in

DALI-II Apr 23rd, 2008 06:22 AM

The original.(and the best,IMO.) They actually made a remake?!

Zombinatrix Apr 25th, 2008 03:37 AM

Zombinatrix Apr 27th, 2008 04:09 AM

Just finished Diary of the Dead and it was alot better than I thought it would be. Definitely better than the Day of the Dead remake, which was a crappy remake of an already terrible movie in the dead series.

MetalMilitia Apr 27th, 2008 05:19 PM

Control. Really excellent film but fuck me, it'll depress the shit out of you. Highly recommended though, especially if you're a fan of Joy division.

RaNkeri Apr 27th, 2008 05:55 PM

Shoot 'em up.

probably one of the greatest/most entertaining action movies released in 2000s.

Has so many gems that I won't even start listing them out. And the main villain is fucking awesome :lol

MetalMilitia Apr 27th, 2008 06:33 PM

I'm inclined to agree actually. It was really entertaining, if completely ridiculous.

Fathom Zero Apr 27th, 2008 10:38 PM

I knew from the minute I saw the TV spots that it was going to be ridiculous, like Crank.

And like Crank, it was great.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 28th, 2008 08:03 PM

I want to see Doomsday. My friend gave it a simple explanation of being "Off the wall Bonkers!" . Nuff said. Has anyone seen it?

Fat_Hippo Apr 29th, 2008 10:56 AM

I actually watched both Crank and Shoot 'Em up recently, one yesterday and the other today, and yes, they DO both kick so much ass it's mind-boggling. They're both hilarious in their own, different way, and have simply amazing action scenes to go with them. Which is a good thing, seeing how they take up quite a bit of the movie.
Spoilers!

Does anybody know any more movies like this?

RaNkeri Apr 29th, 2008 02:14 PM

I should totally see Crank :(

Might as well watch it on thursday. Afterall, thursday IS May the 1st :rolleyes

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 29th, 2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo (Post 552346)
Does anybody know any more movies like this?

Charlies Angels: Full throttle

It's outragest to the fullest extent of the word AND has Crispin Glover to boot.

Zomboid Apr 29th, 2008 08:30 PM

Battle Royale again. Still good.

Kitsa May 1st, 2008 09:06 PM

Battle Royale will kick ass in perpetuity.

And Battle Royale 2 will suck in perpetuity.

WhiteRat May 3rd, 2008 01:37 PM

Beetlejuice. One of my all time favorites.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2008 03:12 PM

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The previews looked kind of decent, but any movie with Jason Segel in it I'll go see. It's really worth going to see it in theaters. You can bring a date to it and not get hassled about it later.

executioneer May 5th, 2008 12:03 PM

the mist

unfortunately the ending to this movie was SPOELED for me already so i was kind of mad @ it, but i gotta say
Spoilers!

night of the living dead (savini remake)

man this movie is pretty cool! that barbara chick is a real hot babe, and i really liked the twist ending in this movie better than the one in the mist ;) ;)

Kitsa May 5th, 2008 02:36 PM

executioneer: that's the same problem I have with all of the American adaptations of Asian movies, until I finally stopped watching them altogether (The Grudge 2, what a crapfest).

All of the Asian movies were dark and had ambiguous endings and then in the American version they usually came in and effed with it and made these big dumbassed SPELL IT OUT FOR EVERYONE endings that completely ruined them.

The point to so many Asian extreme horror movies is that there aren't always happy endings, or even anything remotely well-defined, and that added to the general feeling of darkness and doom that made them so effective...

WhiteRat May 5th, 2008 03:53 PM

Wedding Singer. Yeah, I know it's a romantic comedy in an 80's themed shell but it's still a good movie regardless.

executioneer May 5th, 2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 553521)
executioneer: that's the same problem I have with all of the American adaptations of Asian movies, until I finally stopped watching them altogether (The Grudge 2, what a crapfest).

All of the Asian movies were dark and had ambiguous endings and then in the American version they usually came in and effed with it and made these big dumbassed SPELL IT OUT FOR EVERYONE endings that completely ruined them.

The point to so many Asian extreme horror movies is that there aren't always happy endings, or even anything remotely well-defined, and that added to the general feeling of darkness and doom that made them so effective...

well i was actually kind of mad that
Spoilers!