I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Tadao Nov 4th, 2009 01:54 PM

Really, I always thought of it as Shakespearean. I wonder now, maybe it's just one horrible soap opera.

Kitsa Nov 4th, 2009 02:00 PM

Depends on which opera- I like French and Italian stuff and some Austrian, but Wagner irritates me to no end. My vocal coach in college was a Wagnerian soprano and I got all the Wagner I could take and then some.

All operas are basically the same. Someone falls in love and someone dies. There are a few exceptions but that's most of 'em.

Tadao Nov 4th, 2009 02:02 PM

I like Steinbeck novels, so I think I'll like them.

King Hadas Nov 4th, 2009 02:11 PM

Make sure to yell bravissimo any time there's a pause in the show.

Kitsa Nov 4th, 2009 02:12 PM

and you only yell "bravo" at guys. You yell "brava" to girls. That or "show us your tits".

Tadao Nov 4th, 2009 02:17 PM

I suppose I'd have to dress nice too. :(

Kitsa Nov 4th, 2009 02:30 PM

depends. Some opera crowds find it droll to dress down. Lots of opera-in-the-park is like that. The Arena in Verona is like that. But if you're going to a major city in a big specifically-for-opera space, yeah, you'd probably have to dress up. People dress to be seen at productions like that.

captain516 Nov 4th, 2009 03:28 PM

At most operas I've been to, they show subtitles from a screen hanging over the stage.

Tadao Nov 4th, 2009 03:38 PM

I'm sure it's much more beautiful if you understand the language. Besides, I'd hate to have to take my eyes away to read words.

Aaarg Nov 4th, 2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 656912)
Besides, I'd hate to have to take my eyes away to read words.

I'm encountering that problem watching Kurosawa movies.

DevilWearsPrada Nov 4th, 2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 656776)
Happy belated birthday DWP. It was thursday right? How was it?

Thursday, yep. It was aight...me and some friends got a few hotel rooms and two 30 packs of beer, half of which ended up scattered around the hotel pool.
I cleaned up most of them, not wanting to get kicked out by the nice hindi people that ran it and cause a scene.

Guitar Woman Nov 4th, 2009 06:50 PM

SLEEP PROBLEM UPDATE:

Benadryl fixed my wagon on monday; I fell asleep before 11 PM trying to stay awake for Colbert. Shit's unheard of. I missed him, but it was worth it.

THE PROBLEM is that I had to take ten of the fuckers to get the sleep-aid effect, and there are something like only 40 pills in each box. It was kid's benadryl, and I assumed that meant just chewable tablets, but they might also have just been weaker. I dunno.

I also went back to not sleeping last night so I guess this is going to be an everyday thing. Here's hoping it doesn't get expensive!

Chojin Nov 4th, 2009 09:26 PM

dat stomach lining

i have a new ritual that started when i got my casein protein - casein metabolizes slowly, so you're supposed to take it before bed. So, i warm up a half cup of milk and then mix the powder in. Unlike my whey protein shakes, the casein is DELICIOUS and tastes like gooey melted brownies. Then I turn on the heater and get under 3 thin layers.

It still takes me forever to get to sleep, but I think it's a slight improvement.

Guitar Woman Nov 4th, 2009 09:52 PM

Pfft, you can live without a stomach.

Plus I don't think it actually causes ulcers or whatever, since a lot of people use it as a sleep aid / horrifying psychoactive drug without problems

VINNIE TODD BUTTAFUOCO swears by it when his Ambien tolerance gets too high. This is actually a bigger problem than I'm making it out to be, so I should probably get a prescription.

Aaarg Nov 4th, 2009 11:02 PM

man i'm high and captain beefheart just read me your post three times now.

Fathom Zero Nov 4th, 2009 11:17 PM

Goddamnit, Rankeri, that was funny.

Guitar Woman Nov 5th, 2009 12:23 AM

Every mode of public transportation should be more like ferries

Arcades, gift shops, cafeterias, smoking decks, all that great shit

Fathom Zero Nov 5th, 2009 12:44 AM

Like planes or buses. There's space for all that shit.

Guitar Woman Nov 5th, 2009 01:59 AM

There could be. There could be.

Supafly345 Nov 5th, 2009 02:05 AM

The most I see on a bus is a vending machine.

Fathom Zero Nov 5th, 2009 02:09 AM

One that serves cigarettes. :lol

Guitar Woman Nov 5th, 2009 02:34 AM

My busses just have crazy people who chat me up about irrelevant shit until I get so uncomfortable that I pretend it's my stop and get off to get away from them. :(

Zhukov Nov 5th, 2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 657037)
My busses just have crazy people who chat me up about irrelevant shit until I get so uncomfortable that I pretend it's my stop and get off to get away from them. :(

Damnit this happens to me nearly every day. There are so many nutters out there and they all catch my bus.

There's this one guy that has really, really bad balance. I don't know if he has ear problems or something, but the bus always seems to take off before he has a chance to sit down and he goes flying around the place. He's always got too much baggage, too. And facial tics.

elx Nov 5th, 2009 10:19 AM

that's what mp3 players/headphones are for. i take my ipod everywhere, even when i forget to charge it i still pretend i'm listening to something:( works awesomely

Dimnos Nov 5th, 2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 657061)
even when i forget to charge it i still pretend i'm listening to something

Not sure but I think this qualifies you as one of the "nutters". :\