I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2009 11:23 AM

Well thats why we can't have nice things. :( I get home around 6:30 EST.

ryot Nov 6th, 2009 02:04 PM

wooooooooooooo! i'm drinkin' to doc mocks mausoleum! i love these vids

Kitsa Nov 6th, 2009 02:59 PM

The thing that I didn't understand about Ft Hood, and maybe this is just an ignorance of how the military works in general, but...why was it the civilian police who came in? It seems like on a base that big they would be well-equipped to lay one hell of a smackdown on a gunman pretty much immediately. Especially if, as they say, soldiers are allowed to carry their own personal weapons with an adequate permit.

I'm surprised the guy got on as long as he did, and even more surprised that emergency personnel pulled him through (I gather at some point he's going to wish they hadn't).

Esuohlim Nov 6th, 2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryot (Post 657289)
wooooooooooooo! i'm drinkin' to doc mocks mausoleum! i love these vids

These kinds of posts aren't allowed in the chat room thread

Dimnos Nov 6th, 2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 657295)
The thing that I didn't understand about Ft Hood, and maybe this is just an ignorance of how the military works in general, but...why was it the civilian police who came in? It seems like on a base that big they would be well-equipped to lay one hell of a smackdown on a gunman pretty much immediately. Especially if, as they say, soldiers are allowed to carry their own personal weapons with an adequate permit.

I'm surprised the guy got on as long as he did, and even more surprised that emergency personnel pulled him through (I gather at some point he's going to wish they hadn't).

My guess is because he blended in. They also say some of the victims may have been shot by other solders trying to stop Hasan. In all the confusion he was likely passed over a few times thinking he was just another solder trying to help stop the shooter himself.

Kitsa Nov 6th, 2009 03:50 PM

On the news they're showing him in what they call "Islamic Clothing" at a 7-11, smiling and laughing, presumably before all hell broke loose. I've seen lots of anchors/commentators trying to steer the situation to make it look like the fact that he was Muslim explains it all, and that kind of bugs me.

elx Nov 6th, 2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 657305)
On the news they're showing him in what they call "Islamic Clothing" at a 7-11, smiling and laughing, presumably before all hell broke loose. I've seen lots of anchors/commentators trying to steer the situation to make it look like the fact that he was Muslim explains it all, and that kind of bugs me.

it's been bugging me too. that kind of ignorance makes me wish i wasn't american.

Dimnos Nov 6th, 2009 03:58 PM

I agree that it is jumping to conclusions and is a sad state of affair but dont wish you werent American. :(

Guitar Woman Nov 6th, 2009 04:03 PM

News is dead. :(

Dimnos Nov 6th, 2009 04:07 PM

And propaganda killed it. :tear

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2009 04:08 PM

Houey Lewis killed the news.

Kitsa Nov 6th, 2009 05:02 PM

you can be homicidal-bonkers and adhere to just about any religion. Being Muslim doesn't mean you have some sort of genetic disposition towards being homicidal-bonkers. The guy was a military psychiatrist and probably heard some pretty heavy shit on a daily basis, up to and including resentments caused by a culture clash with a culture with whom he identified.

I thought I read somewhere that psychiatrists have a pretty high depression/suicide rate? Working with it doesn't make them immune.

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2009 05:14 PM

They hear every sad thing in the world. Nobody goes to a psychiatrist because they're happy.

Kitsa Nov 6th, 2009 05:22 PM

Not trying to excuse what the guy did at all. I just think that maybe these news anchors should look a bit deeper than name/religion if they want to understand what led up to this.

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2009 05:40 PM

I wasn't either. :/

I was puzzled at first by what it meant; I had read in a headline that authorities were trying to figure out if he was born with his name or if he had changed it after converting to Islam. I was puzzled by what that meant. It didn't have any relevance in the story at all.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2009 05:56 PM

I can't even imagine the pain and anguish of the psychiatrists whose patients are psychiatrists.

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2009 06:03 PM

Psychiatrists don't go to psychiatrists. They open up small caliber weapons onto crowds.

Sam Nov 6th, 2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 657266)
Well thats why we can't have nice things. :( I get home around 6:30 EST.

You have a nice couch. :(

Kitsa Nov 6th, 2009 08:30 PM

I love Malcolm McDowell but I've had about all the President John Henry Eden I can stand :(

stevetothepast Nov 6th, 2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 657339)
You have a nice couch. :(

>:FUCKING HELL thats why he hasn't been on the forums lately, all snuggled up on his sectional couch with a peice of pussy and some fresca.

LordSappington Nov 7th, 2009 12:17 AM

Groooooss! Fresca?!

Zhukov Nov 7th, 2009 02:28 AM

I bet this Hasan guy got a lot of shit thrown at him by arsehole soldiers who thought that Muslims called Hasan are to blame for all their problems.

PS I wouldn't mind being Canadian, but USA would be too much.

Kitsa Nov 7th, 2009 04:24 AM

eh, I wouldn't generalize. I know nice and asshole Americans, I know nice and asshole Canadians. I also know nice and asshole Australians.

Zhukov Nov 7th, 2009 08:13 AM

I don't think it's too much of a generalisation to say that there would be plenty of soldiers in/out of Iraq that don't like muslims.

Kitsa Nov 7th, 2009 08:23 AM

Yeah, but I'm sure that's true of the Canadian troops too.