I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NEW BLIZZARD FIGURES ANNOUNCED (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639)

James Feb 15th, 2003 01:32 PM

NEW BLIZZARD FIGURES ANNOUNCED

http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/actionfigures.shtml

12 in all. Me want. :(

Mockery Feb 15th, 2003 01:48 PM

Firebat looks ok, but otherwise, they look pretty crappy compared to the originals. :/

Cybernetico Feb 15th, 2003 01:53 PM

*gags*

Ugly, I never liked star/war-craft so I only would enjoy the Diablo 2 ones. But they only give a necromancer that looks un-authentic and the rest are useless enemies that I crushed with my unstoppable power! So I won't be buying any, videogame figures are WAY overpriced anyway......

mew barios Feb 15th, 2003 02:01 PM

they should make some of the undead into figures. why no undead? :(

Malevolent Feb 15th, 2003 02:04 PM

The firebat? Are you fucking blind? Arthas and Grom all the way, man!

ItalianStereotype Feb 15th, 2003 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybernetico
*gags*

Ugly, I never liked star/war-craft so I only would enjoy the Diablo 2 ones.

......you have no place here

Mockery Feb 15th, 2003 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malevolent
The firebat? Are you fucking blind? Arthas and Grom all the way, man!

While they're really cool in the game, I think the figures are pretty weak representations.

I've always thought Blizzard should get McFarlane to make their toys instead. There's only been a few figures I ever thought were pretty decent... the original Starcaft Terran Marines, for example, were done pretty well (the mail-away war-pig looked was cool too). But over all, their figures are definitely weak for a company that does so well.

To any of you who want to buy these particular new ones, just wait a few months and you'll be able to get 'em for 3-5 bux in the bargain bin at most video game stores.

Malevolent Feb 15th, 2003 02:33 PM

I've seen 'em in a few bins. Considered buying Muradin, but decided not to :/

Zbu Manowar Feb 15th, 2003 02:39 PM

Dwarf Rifleman? :lol Fuck yeah, that's getting my money for strangeness alone. That and Firebat.

Shit, he even has a fucking Charles Bronson/Death Wish look on his face. Brilliant!

James Feb 15th, 2003 02:45 PM

Rog, it should also be pointed out that final details are subject to change. These are early pieces. But I think a good amount of them look good.

Mockery Feb 15th, 2003 02:52 PM

It should also be pointed out, that the figures that they put up for display in their advertisements always look 100% better than the figures that are actually released.

James Feb 15th, 2003 03:00 PM

I see what the problem is. You're afriad that the rest of your figures will be sad if placed next to the awesomeness of Tichondrius or a Firebat.

They're just toys, Rog. They can't feel inferior, no matter how lame they are compared to these guys. ;)

Ninjavenom Feb 15th, 2003 10:07 PM

Arthas and Hydralisk.

FS Feb 16th, 2003 05:48 AM

Tichondrius :love

Arthas doesn't really look buff enough. In the game it's kinda exaggerated, but I liked that. Grom seems a bit thin too.

The Starcraft figures don't look like proper representations of their game equivalents, to me. The Firebat has no soot on his face, and the paint on his suit is all wrong. The Hydralisk's face doesn't look right.

James Feb 16th, 2003 06:02 AM

Perhaps once you see larger images or get a hands-on look at the figures, you'll see that they're just as good as previous ones.

As for the new SC figures, it could be that they're made to represent the looks of the units in SC: Ghost.

Zomboid Feb 16th, 2003 12:27 PM

I want tassadar and hydralisk/zergling :(

AChimp Feb 16th, 2003 12:41 PM

The Hydralisk is hella cool, and so's Tichondrius. The Firebat is also kinda neat, but it would have been way better if they made his face look like that of a crazed maniac rather than just a guy with a big moustache.

Maybe a crazed maniac with a big moustache and a big cigar. :)

ItalianStereotype Feb 16th, 2003 02:52 PM

and who says authentic warcraft/starcraft "annoyed" phrases