I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Shadowdancer21b Dec 28th, 2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 709046)
Had that game. It was okay.

Yeah, It's pretty meh. I guess it's okay but nothing to write home about.

Fathom Zero Dec 28th, 2010 10:18 PM

I suppose it was nice that I could see some of my character's stats on the VMU.

Zomboid Dec 29th, 2010 03:25 AM

Splatterhouse, Raging Blast 2, and RDR Undead Nightmare.

All three are pretty fun so far. I really like playing RDR again.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 29th, 2010 01:29 PM

Working on Mass Effect. Ashley's a fucking cunt and I wish I killed her but I left her in charge of the fucking nuke and didn't want her to fuck up the whole mission >: First she kills my bro Wrex and I have to reload my save and start the mission over, then she's all pissy because I'd rather fuck a blue slut than an obnoxious cunt.

executioneer Dec 29th, 2010 02:29 PM

yeah shes totally a space racist too, fuck that

Dimnos Dec 29th, 2010 03:03 PM

Not to mention she looks like her dad smashed her face in with a 2x4 when she was a kid. :\

Phoenix Gamma Dec 29th, 2010 05:08 PM

Pretty much all of the humans in ME1 are ugly as sin :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 709104)
yeah shes totally a space racist too, fuck that

That didn't really bother me as much until someone pointed it out to me. She's all "SHOULD WE REALLY LET THESE ALIENS ON THE SHIP? LISTEN TO ME I HAVE DADDY ISSUES" and I'm all "LOOK AT THEM. THEY'RE ALIENS! THAT'S SO AWESOME. Also 'aliens' outnumber humans so that's really a retarded term, dear. Might as well call them 'minorities'. Anyways I'm gonna go talk to Garrus now cause he's fucking awesome. We're gonna hunt a fucked up organ doctor guy."

This game doesn't let me rip on Ashley or high five the others as much as I want >:

EDIT: I just fucked Liara. "That was amazing!" "HURR NO YOU WERE AMAZING. BTW I'M SUDDENLY FULLY CLOTHED NOW." That was more awkward than my first time. I never want to fuck in a video game ever again :(

EDIT: Aaaand I just beat it. Most annoying final boss I've fought in awhile. Curious as to why it didn't ask me to save at the end, though I skipped the credits so maybe that's why...hopefully this won't fuck up my ME2 game.

darkvare Dec 29th, 2010 09:07 PM

i managed to beat a huge tongued demon a weird worm demon and the fools idol i love this game i keep getting killed and raped by dumb little monsters and once an effing rat but i can't stop playing

Phoenix Gamma Jan 2nd, 2011 05:43 AM

20 hours into Mass Effect 2. Holy shit, I'm hooked. Just played through the Shadow Broker DLC. What a fantastic side story. I'm kinda bummed Liara's pretty much not coming back in ME3 because she was really entertaining in this story. I pretty much love every character who isn't Jack, so I love the loyalty missions. I still haven't even finished the main story yet because I actually give a fuck about doing all the missions this time.

Best Star Trek game ever.

Fathom Zero Jan 2nd, 2011 11:12 AM

Miranda's a cunt, too. I dun get it.

Fathom Zero Jan 2nd, 2011 01:47 PM

Found my copy of Shadow Hearts! Imma do sum footwerk

Phoenix Gamma Jan 2nd, 2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 709479)
Miranda's a cunt, too. I dun get it.

I don't get the hate for Miranda. She's certainly not the most likable, but she doesn't trigger my latent misogyny the way Ashley does. Hearing her bitch at me in ME2 made me really wish that I had abandoned the nuke and left her to die. At least Tali is way more awesome now with her new powers so I can actually bring her into battle, and she didn't go psycho like Liara, so bonus points for her.

Pretty much all the guys barring Grunt are awesome, though. Also, Mordin singing Modern Major General; didn't see that coming. Or that mean right hook.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 01:30 AM

Mordin was probably my fav character in 2.

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2011 01:36 AM

I like Mordin, Garrus became a billion times more interesting, and the Justicar chick was pretty cool.

Jack was mildly interesting and Tali was the one I totally had crazy spacesex with.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 10:52 AM

I wanted sex Tali up in the first one. Because she wouldnt I felt "That ship has sailed bitch" in the 2nd. :\

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2011 12:37 PM

Just beat it. Jack and all the NPCs died because Illusive Man told me to make sure I'm prepared and I did three too many missions. Goddammit >: I don't miss Jack though. Told her to eat carpet during the Miranda fight. Fucking laughed when I read her poetry in the Shadow Broker's lair. I thought bringing her to the final battle would protect her from dieing on the defending team but Bioware was a step ahead of me. Ah well.

Mordin's definitely a favorite. I thought Garrus was already really likable in ME1 so seeing him toughen up in ME2 was pretty awesome. Tali was just adorable and only really creeped me out once she became perpetually horney (she sounds like an erotic novel character once you decide you're gonna fuck, and she googles "Human Mating Rituals" regardless.) The Shadow Broker DLC blew my mind and made Liara actually likable, and I dunno what'll go down in ME3 since I told her we're gonna have blue children then proceeded to unmask Tali.

Legion is really interesting, I thought. Mostly because his very existence is so weird and hard to understand. I really don't fully grasp him. I was pretty torn on what to do in his loyalty mission. That and the decision on whether to keep the Collector base actually had me alt tab out of the game and think about it for awhile.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 12:42 PM

How the fuck do you lose people in the end? I just played through it and no one died. Just upgrade your ship god damn it and dont make retarded decisions when assigning people jobs for the final mission.

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2011 01:20 PM

AWWWW I just remembered Legion. He's (they're) my favorite.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 709618)
How the fuck do you lose people in the end? I just played through it and no one died. Just upgrade your ship god damn it and dont make retarded decisions when assigning people jobs for the final mission.

Slow down hombre. Like I said:
Quote:

Told her to eat carpet during the Miranda fight.
I thought bringing her to the final battle would protect her from dieing on the defending team but Bioware was a step ahead of me.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 03:28 PM

So she died because you told her to eat carpet? Or because you brought her with you?

I told Miranda to fuck off during their fight and took Jack with with me in the final fight because I felt she could kick more ass. She did kick more ass and lived to tell about it. Miranda, who I told to fuck off during the fight and later to defend that doorway or whatever it was where everyone else stayed while you do the final part of the final mission, also lived.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2011 04:04 PM

Both. If someone's not loyal when they're in your party during the final fight, they die. I thought keeping her in my group would keep her alive because I figured Bioware wouldn't think to program someone dieing while they're in your party.

Someone told me leaving her with the defending party would have kept her alive so long as Grunt and Zaeed were there, but I don't miss Jack enough to replay the mission. She pisses me off just as much as Ashley.

Zomboid Jan 4th, 2011 04:47 PM

Yeah, everyone survived in my games. I wouldn't miss Jack either, though. Garrus and Legion were probably my favorites.

Just beat Splatterhouse. I've been playing Raging Blast 2 off and on, so I'll probably keep doing that and put more time into Undead Nightmare.

Chojin Jan 4th, 2011 05:43 PM

i played through ME1 in a few days, then moved on to ME2 and have been really disappointed so far. You can't walk around citadel much, the 'stores' might as well be dialog options, and I feel like a tremendous amount of control over my loadout has been taken away. There's no sense of economy, no sense of immersion since you just load everywhere instead of walking/elevatoring, reloading is stupid, and I miss being able to use my sniper rifle most of the time. I hate that they moved the freeze off of space so I switched it back, only now I have to push a different button to 'use' stuff since they insist on loading like 90 functions on the same buttons, but DIFFERENT functions than in ME1. FFFFFFUUUUUU

Combat does feel better and I like the addition of headshots.

I really wish I had done more of the side quests in ME1 :< I miss it terribly already. I'll still play through ME2 because I'm kinda attached to my character.

btw garrus is my homie too for reals

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2011 07:48 PM

I don't mind that you can't walk around the citadel much. The citadel in the first game was FUCK ELEVATORS JESUS FUCK WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME I'VE BEEN SO GOOD TO YOU VIDEO GAME. And I hated shopping in the first game because that involved using the second most miserable inventory system I've ever had to put up with in a video game (Final Fantasy XIV wins that award.)

Reloading bothered me for a few hours, but then I realized that it makes you aim your shots better and manage your weapons. Yea, you can spam the assault rifle at the Krogun, but you can save time and ammo if you switch to the hand canon. I love that alternate ammo is now a power instead of an upgrade, and the controls make more sense to me in ME2 than ME1 (kept hitting R expecting to reload. SILLY PG THERE IS NO RELOAD YOU JUST THREW A GRENADE).

Oh, and being a Vangaurd without being penalized for using something other than a pistol/shotgun is fantastic. I hated having only two weapons to use in the first game and two weapons I was shitty at. And I feel MORE immersed in ME2 since there's just so much more stuff crammed into it on top of the preestablished lore. There's more flesh this time around and they really put more thought into some of the locals.

Also, fuck the Mako. That shit was annoying and tedious.

I'm glad we all love Garrus though <3

LordSappington Jan 4th, 2011 08:11 PM

Downloaded the Scott Pilgrim game. It's a lot of fun, but it's really hard to play by yourself, unless you do what I did and fag it up using upgrades.