I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 749202)
...or unless you kill the dude in the robe with the lantern.

TY sir. This is just what I needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 749301)
I don't have it in me to go through Blighttown again, I think.

Your not making this sound fun. :(

And fuck those cheap ass tag teaming fire breath spamming gargoyle fucks. I nearly danced a jig when I killed those limp dicks. >:

Zomboid Nov 10th, 2011 07:44 PM

That robed guy was one of, like, five people that I accidentally killed before realizing that I can absolve my sins and don't HAVE to kill them once I accidentally strike them.

Sorry to: fire guy, catarina knight, Raeh of whatever of thoro...whatever the fuck (knight guy's daughter), Big Hat Logan, and I'm probably forgetting someone.

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 08:07 PM

Whats the deal with sin? And covenants?

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 08:11 PM

and I'm starting to get the impression I wasn't supposed to come to the catacombs right after ringing the first bell? where else to go? did I miss something?

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2011 08:14 PM

BLIGHTTOWN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 08:26 PM

Where the hell is that place? I want to rip someone's ass.

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2011 08:47 PM

BEYOND THE DEPTHS AND THE VALLEY OF THE DRAKES.

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 10:13 PM

Ok. I doubled back and found that doorway at the blacksmith in the undead parish that I had forgotten about. Killed the demon guy inside and went into the depths. Fought my way to some giant butterfly thing that quickly ate my ass because I didnt have any more bolts for my crossbow as I used them to kill a bunch of the lantern guys in the catacombs. :\ However I did get some sweet elite knight armor, so not all bad. Doubled back again in the depths and found some giant hydra looking thing that spit water at me and killed me. :( Doubled back again and found some black knight dude who I actually managed to kill in a straight up fight without being a total cheap ass. Fought my way on to the vally of the fucking drakes and those bastards suck balls. My axe doesnt seam to be doing much to them. :\

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2011 10:24 PM

The Depths are not the Darkroot Basin

Lone Wanderer Nov 10th, 2011 10:24 PM

Ultimate Doom

Zomboid Nov 10th, 2011 10:25 PM

Ok, go back to the butterfly, but make sure you're human. The last staircase before the fight will have a white summon sign on it. Summon that witch, and she'll fuck the butterfly up for ya.

I think that after that, I went to Blight Town, but I took the entrance through the bottom of the Undead Burg, which is through the depths. The depths was pretty easy, so don't worry too much about that part. Blight town is fucking horrrrrible, though.

Alternately, you can get to Blight Town through the Valley of the Drakes if you want to avoid the parts with all the falls and just deal with all the poison. You'd miss a lot of loot, though.

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 10:33 PM

Ok being human... How do you get humanity to do that? Also... What is the point?

Witch?

:lol

OxBlood Nov 11th, 2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 749381)
Ok being human... How do you get humanity to do that? Also... What is the point?

Witch?

:lol

Some enemies drop humanity and I´m sure you have Items that give them, they´re like the soul items. Make sure you have at least 1 humanity (you know, the number in the top left), rest at a bonfire and turn human.

As a human, there´s a chance that a NPC-Phantom will enter the game in most areas. Beat them and you gain the ability to summon them for the boss battles. Most of the time, there are summoning marks right before a boss (goldish writing on the floor) but you can only see those as a human.

The point of being human is that others can help you, you can help others and the dropchance for loot goes up.

Skyrim is officially awesome. I just did the 2nd or 3rd mainquest and climbed a fucking mountain. Everything feels so organic this time, handcrafted. The caves, dungeons, Mines, everything has character.

Last thing last night, I took a carriage to Winter...thingytown to join the mages academy. Hopefully, I´ll some neat spells there :)

kahljorn Nov 11th, 2011 04:18 AM

im gonna pirate the fuck out of this game

executioneer Nov 11th, 2011 04:25 AM

im gonna try and only play like a hour or so but its almost readyyyyy

executioneer Nov 11th, 2011 05:22 AM

oh for fuck's sake, the interface on this game is shit

i can't reassign the keys for the lockpicking minigame so it's still on a/d when i'm using arrow keys for movement

press 'r' to drop stuff, huh? except it doesn't fucking work. GREAT JOB YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

k0k0 Nov 11th, 2011 09:52 AM

I'm stuck waiting for the UPS man today. But skyrim shall be mine.

Dimnos Nov 11th, 2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 749399)
Some enemies drop humanity and I´m sure you have Items that give them, they´re like the soul items. Make sure you have at least 1 humanity (you know, the number in the top left), rest at a bonfire and turn human.

As a human, there´s a chance that a NPC-Phantom will enter the game in most areas. Beat them and you gain the ability to summon them for the boss battles. Most of the time, there are summoning marks right before a boss (goldish writing on the floor) but you can only see those as a human.

The point of being human is that others can help you, you can help others and the dropchance for loot goes up.

ty sir. :picklehat

Phoenix Gamma Nov 11th, 2011 05:06 PM

SKYWARD SWORD :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

The intro is a little long but once you fly to the surface, it really picks up. The combat is really hard this time around, and even skulltulas take a little puzzle solving to beat. I also like that there's a dash this time around to speed up running, climbing, and swimming.

Also they're really pushing the whole "Zelda wants Link's balls" angle harder than they ever have. If he doesn't penetrate her by the end credits I'm gonna be miffed. Fi isn't as cool as Midna though :(

Zomboid Nov 11th, 2011 08:33 PM

You're probably gonna be the only one here discussing that, chief.

I just picked up Skyrim today, but I'm exhausted and don't wanna stay up all night playing.

Dimnos Nov 11th, 2011 08:34 PM

So I have fought my way to the gaping dragon. He himself doesn't seam so bad. The trouble is there is some guy on a ledge shooting some magic shit at me. I can't seam to find a way up to where he is and I can't seam to be able to target his ass with my crossbow. Do I just have to dodge this fuck while running around the dragon?

Zomboid Nov 12th, 2011 12:43 AM

Go up to the highest level in that area where you can look down onto the area where you fight the dragon, and as you get closer to the stairs going down, there's a spot where you can pick him off with arrows. He counts as a mini-boss and doesn't respawn. I suggest getting a longbow or something because you can aim from pretty far away with those. I actually leveled the shit out of my composite bow, and it ended up being really useful in a lot of situations. Poison arrows are great.

Also, I started Skyrim. Looks gorgeous and it's fun, but I restricted myself to under two hours. I killed bandits in a mine and got to that first town. I like the smithing! Oh, and I did some finishing blow where I spun around and buried my two-handed axe into a bear's open mouth. Fucking awesome.

Zomboid Nov 12th, 2011 12:47 AM

And Dimos, attack the dragon's tail until it comes off. Do that with all of the dragons you encounter (except for the undead ones, but including the stone dragon and the half-dragon bitch in the painted world).

k0k0 Nov 12th, 2011 02:28 AM

Skyrim is great. That's pretty much it.

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2011 10:01 PM

Played Skyrim for several hours. I just scratched the surface of the game, and I know it, but my Game of the Year is tentatively Dark Souls, still.

There's not enough variety in the environments in Skyrim, to me. I'll see as I go farther into it, of course. Having a lot of fun with the intrigue involved in the mage's university storyline. Also, the random dragon encounters are quite silly. One showed up as I was walking out of the main hall of the school and ten mages proceeded to blow the thing apart in seconds. It was beautiful. The story is boring me, but the amount of power-players and factions in the game that are involved in the main story is really cool.

Also fuck Giants.