I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

OxBlood Jun 12th, 2011 11:35 AM

Played a bit InFamous 2, so far really good, feels but 1.5 instead of 2 but I don´t care.

Also got Dante´s Inferno for a few bucks and White Knight Chronicles 2 (which comes with the first one on the disc...nice bonus). I´ve never played the first one but with so few JRPGs this generation, I can´t be too choosy.

Oh and Dragon Quest 6 for my dear old mother, she loves the series for some reason :)

darkvare Jun 12th, 2011 11:58 AM

oh i remember dante's inferno so many cheap deaths

dextire Jun 14th, 2011 12:50 AM

Finally tried out Super Stardust HD. Enjoying it so far.

LordSappington Jun 14th, 2011 04:13 AM

Picked up Alice at midnight, amongst the Duke Nukem neckbeards (more on that in a bit.)
First thing that happens when I take it home: My FUCKING DISC DRIVE IS BROKEN AND WON'T OPEN. It plays the game inside it just fine, but won't let a new one in.
I registered it to get it fixed, and surprise; the warranty expired three years ago. Fucking great. I might just save up and buy a new damn xbox; I've been wanting a new model anyways.

As for the Nukem neckbeards: I was waiting around for midnight, so I could grab Alice. I played the demo of Duke Nukem, which was kind of fun, but way too loud. The place was full of guys who I've never even seen in the Gamestop before; they were all being loud, some of them were very... unhygienic, which is a huge peeve of mine, and were bugging the employees with their fedoras and 'I'M SUCH A COOL BRO' attitude.
What really took the cake was when midnight struck, each of them proclaimed 'BALLS OF STEEL FOR (insert console here).' Really? That's not even goddamn funny. When I stepped up and asked for Alice, several of them were telling me shit like "You didn't order Nukem? What's wrong with you?". One guy even asked me "Are you gay or something, bro?"
Swear to God, I don't think I've given someone the evil eye as hard as I did then. I put up with their shit, and then get called gay for not buying the UBER-MANLY game? Fuck them. They got me ranting on the internet.

kahljorn Jun 14th, 2011 04:36 AM

the disc drives are supposed to be cheap and easy to fix

Dimnos Jun 14th, 2011 08:45 AM

Yeah they are. Hell you could probably just pull the damn thing open. Whats the worst that can happen? You break it and have to install a new one? Your practically there anyway.

The neckbeards though. You should have told him you were just going to wait for him to sell it back in a week and buy it at half price used. Then beat it yourself in a week to return it for a full refund. :lol

Fathom Zero Jun 14th, 2011 08:57 AM

I want Alice so bad. :O

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 14th, 2011 09:15 AM

That's amazing LS.

Chojin Jun 14th, 2011 11:19 AM

WHY DIDNT YOU BUY DUKE YOU BIG FAG

Guitar Woman Jun 14th, 2011 11:38 AM

Probably because the demo made him throw up a little

LordSappington Jun 14th, 2011 11:40 AM

GOSH GUYS I JUST WANTED TO PRETEND I WAS A GIRL WHILE I PLAYED MY VIDEO GAMES
But from what I played of it at my friend's, it's pretty awesome. The environments are great, and the combat is very fluid.
I've heard some people reviewing it say that the combat is fluid and comfortable, but doesn't try anything new. What the hell is up with that? Is it suddenly not enough for a game to have a working combat system? Now every game has to introduce a completely new concept of gameplay? It's like your kid getting and A on a test, and getting mad at him for not getting an A+.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 14th, 2011 02:26 PM

I never played the original Alice because I never had a not-shitty PC until a year ago when I finally built my own.

I have a feeling the original didn't age well, but I really want to play the new one. Goddammit.

LordSappington Jun 15th, 2011 12:38 AM

Fixed my 360; dunno what I did. I jiggled a paperclip around inside it, and it started working. Whatever; as long as it works.
That said, I've been playing Alice all day, and holy fuck this is a long-ass game. I've put in at least five hours, and it says I've gotten through 1/3 of the game. Mind, I've also been crawling around trying to find all the secrets and stuff, but I figure if you're NOT doing that, you're playing it wrong.
Also, the game has dresses you unlock as you go, and it's a long-established fact that when you add any, ANY, sort of costume choices, then fuck fuck FUCK I will spend forever deciding what looks best.
Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2011 02:00 AM

It depends. What do the dresses look like?

LordSappington Jun 15th, 2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 726330)
It depends. What do the dresses look like?

Can't find any pictures of them yet. My favorite is the Steam Dress; moderately steampunk-ish and cool. I just got the Kimono dress, which is second best. d=Dunno about the others, but there are downloadable dresses which I am considering, since they give gameplay bonuses.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2011 02:47 AM

I like the chess dress.

OxBlood Jun 15th, 2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 726229)
Swear to God, I don't think I've given someone the evil eye as hard as I did then. I put up with their shit, and then get called gay for not buying the UBER-MANLY game? Fuck them. They got me ranting on the internet.

Try to find peace in the fact that you left puberty behind you and they didnīt... Duke Nukem is about as manly as a 14 year old boy trying to grow a decent beard. Which is why it doesnīt work in 2011. Duke Nukem was funny because the players were young boys giggling at his stupid oneliners. Other than...letīs say Dolph Lundgren Movies, that specific humor hasnīt aged very well and today itīs just sad mostly.

Oh but I need to take a look at the new Alice sometime, I loved the first one :)

kahljorn Jun 15th, 2011 03:49 AM

my xbpx360 will stop reading disks and will just always say, "Open tray" or whatever.

I found out if i pick it up and shake it a bit something inside will rattle around, and then it will start to work again

Nick Jun 15th, 2011 05:38 AM

Duke Nukem Forever was a fun game. It's not going to change the world, but it wasn't outright horrible.

If you can't enjoy it, then why are you playing a Duke Nukem game in the first place, you serious people you.

Pentegarn Jun 15th, 2011 06:19 AM

That's pretty much the 'breaking it down to the base elements' statement regarding DNF. If you played 3D, and you liked 3D, then you will probably want to play and like DNF. If you are an FPS frat boy who is all about Halo :puke You will probably hate it

OxBlood Jun 15th, 2011 09:15 AM

I´m not a serious person. Fuck no, if anyone´s NOT serious, it´s me, I just can´t express it in english ;)

I just think, that the Duke-Humor is a thing from the past. It might be an okay game but I´m not into shooters that much anyway so I don´t really care how good it is.

I did buy White Knight Chronicles I+II though and I´m not sure if that was a wise decision :D

Chojin Jun 15th, 2011 10:56 AM

german has some of the strictest gaming laws outside of the middle east. i'm kinda surprised duke4 wasn't considered contraband there.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 726352)
my xbpx360 will stop reading disks and will just always say, "Open tray" or whatever.

I found out if i pick it up and shake it a bit something inside will rattle around, and then it will start to work again

:lol It thinks its a nintendo.

Pentegarn Jun 15th, 2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 726369)
Iīm not a serious person. Fuck no, if anyoneīs NOT serious, itīs me, I just canīt express it in english ;)

I just think, that the Duke-Humor is a thing from the past. It might be an okay game but Iīm not into shooters that much anyway so I donīt really care how good it is.

I did buy White Knight Chronicles I+II though and Iīm not sure if that was a wise decision :D

I think Nick and I were openly chastising the reviewers, not you Ox.

I would think there would be a bit lost in translation and local pop culture anyway.

Nick Jun 15th, 2011 07:37 PM

Yeah, from what I see all the review sites are ran by feminazis now.