I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

WhiteRat Apr 3rd, 2009 11:17 PM

The 7 hours was just from this afternoon. The trip down took 10 because my roommate and I fucked up the directions up and took the long way down. Also, everyday involved at least 2 hours of additional driving due to selecting our lodging in an inconvenient location.

MetalMilitia Apr 4th, 2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 623167)
Oh maaaaaan, 7 hours isn't so bad!

(Telling myself this because I have an 8-hour trip in a few days, which results in a second 8-hour trip home--only to make the same trip two weeks later)

Best thing to do is either download a load of podcasts or get an audiobook of Audible to listen to. It makes long journeys much easier.

MetalMilitia Apr 4th, 2009 09:37 AM

This is weird. First guy to ever get plastic surgery. He lost his upper and lower eyelids in WW1.

Fathom Zero Apr 4th, 2009 11:20 AM

He should've fought crime. Or started some.

MetalMilitia Apr 4th, 2009 11:34 AM

I'm really curious how one would actually lose both eyelids but suffer no relatively minor damage to the rest of their face. Also while looking scary as fuck in the first picture I still kind of think that would be preferable to the second. Even if your eyes need constant moistening.

Dixie Apr 4th, 2009 01:17 PM

The rest of his face is fucked up.
his eyebrows, the nose, you can see the scar tissue pretty well.

and yes, i'd rather have no eyelids than the skinmask.

kahljorn Apr 4th, 2009 01:41 PM

yea he looks better in the first one ;\

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 4th, 2009 01:52 PM

Just found out I'm going to Nashville, TN in august for Def Leopard, Poison and Cheap Trick. Not really music I listen to but I've never been to Nashville and I've heard it's really nice.

kahljorn Apr 4th, 2009 01:58 PM

that place is awesome. When i went there as a kid i found like a 20 dollar bill on the ground and five dollar bills elsewhere.

That made me practically a kid millionaire.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 4th, 2009 02:03 PM

lol, awesome.

Reminded me of Blank Check too. Here's hoping for free money.

Dixie Apr 4th, 2009 02:12 PM

Cheap Trick is going to be the best band on that bill.

Tadao Apr 4th, 2009 02:18 PM

Cheap Trick is awesome.

kahljorn Apr 4th, 2009 02:39 PM

cheap trick better than POISON? :rolleyes

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 4th, 2009 02:42 PM

I'm going to have to get some compilation albums and listen to them beforehand that way I know what I'm talking about when I'm picking up the ladies.

Tadao Apr 4th, 2009 02:48 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_Budo...ap_Trick_album)

Dixie Apr 4th, 2009 03:17 PM

Poison is for 45 year old trailer trash reminiscing fantasizing about Brett Michaels while they were giving their date a blowjob in a school dance parking lot.

Sam Apr 4th, 2009 03:18 PM

TALK DIRTY TO ME

Dixie Apr 4th, 2009 03:19 PM

EXACTLY

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 4th, 2009 03:26 PM

Nice. I made a music video for Poison's Unskinny Bop in high school. The first 10 seconds of the video was awesome with my friend in a B.A. leather jacket, cowboy hat, guitar, black light and a strobe light. Right after filming it the strobe light fell and broke. So the rest of the video was shot in a hallway. I was the singer but I didn't feel like memorizing the lyrics so for close ups I just had them shake the camera around a bit so you couldn't tell I was just mouthing nonsense. Then we hit people with trashcans for the remainder of the song.

Babs Apr 4th, 2009 03:27 PM

Brett Michaels, he's the king of all trailer parks.

Kitsa Apr 4th, 2009 03:36 PM

My mom and dad stayed at some place in Nashville. It was called The Gaylord or something. They were really impressed by it. They're not at all into country but they went to the Grand Ole Opry for the experience. My mom said they cram everyone into narrow, hard church pews and since it's a taping for TV it takes forever for anything to happen.

So you're probably better off with Poison and Cheap Trick.

Babs Apr 4th, 2009 03:40 PM

I think you just described a poison concert.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 4th, 2009 03:57 PM

We're going to be in Nashville Friday, Sat and sunday then monday is the concert. Anyone know what the accent is like there? I haven't spoken with anyone from Nashville in a while.

kahljorn Apr 4th, 2009 07:35 PM

I LOVE POISON

Tadao Apr 4th, 2009 07:36 PM

BUNNY CAM!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/found-animals

Kitsa Apr 4th, 2009 10:09 PM

We went out for ice cream and wound up driving immediately behind an ambulance. There was an elderly lady in the back of the ambulance and I'm fairly sure she was staring at us the whole time we were driving behind her. Either that or she was randomly looking downward at exactly where our car was, which would have been a weird and somewhat eerie effect. Either way, it's very awkward and strange. We didn't know where to look. We were behind the ambulance for about 2 excruciating miles, and every time I'd look away and look back, it seemed like she was still staring.

Never been in that situation before.

Tadao Apr 4th, 2009 10:12 PM

I would have waved.

Kitsa Apr 4th, 2009 10:13 PM

I didn't want to encourage her, in case it would have caused harm.

Fathom Zero Apr 4th, 2009 10:43 PM

I've been paying Cheap Trick's Budokan for five days straight. Coinkydink?

Tadao Apr 5th, 2009 12:49 AM

Are you ready to rock?

MetalMilitia Apr 5th, 2009 08:36 AM

The reason publover doesn't post any more?

No dating, thanks, just sex

Dating culture is dead - instead, young New Zealand women are regularly getting drunk and cruising around in packs looking for men to have sex with.
That's one of the findings of a TVNZ Sunday investigation into the sexual behaviour of New Zealand women. The programme makers did the story after Kiwi women last year topped the Durex Sexual Wellbeing Global Survey as the world's most promiscuous.
They are reported to have an average of 20 sexual partners, double that of their Australian and British counterparts and almost three times the global average of seven.
TVNZ Sunday correspondent Janet McIntyre said there was anecdotal evidence from the five women on the show that the Durex survey findings were valid.
"There's a new kind of mating ritual sex is the point of entry into the relationship."
If the first-up sex wasn't any good women weren't prepared to waste their time progressing the relationship.
"There's no dating culture any more." In candid interviews about their sexual experiences some of the women who are all in their twenties felt empowered by having sex and wanted to celebrate and enjoy it.
McIntyre said all the women who had experienced one-night stands had been affected by alcohol, a term described by at least one expert in a report as "getting pissed and hooking up".
Men are also feeling the impact from the new sexual tactics being employed by women.
The Sunday Star-Times' Being a Bloke survey last year found that 29% of the 5000 men surveyed felt they had been pressured into having sex or had had sex unwillingly.

http://digg.com/d1nRFg

Shrubfest Apr 5th, 2009 11:06 AM

Men have sex unwillingly? I thought men were always up for it?

Unless they were fat ugly women, i suppose.

Kitsa Apr 5th, 2009 11:21 AM

Fat ugly women need love too :(

Esuohlim Apr 5th, 2009 10:05 PM

They can find other fat ugly women >:

Colonel Flagg Apr 5th, 2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 623294)
We went out for ice cream and wound up driving immediately behind an ambulance. There was an elderly lady in the back of the ambulance and I'm fairly sure she was staring at us the whole time we were driving behind her. Either that or she was randomly looking downward at exactly where our car was, which would have been a weird and somewhat eerie effect. Either way, it's very awkward and strange. We didn't know where to look. We were behind the ambulance for about 2 excruciating miles, and every time I'd look away and look back, it seemed like she was still staring.

Never been in that situation before.

Ever seen the movie "Jacob's Ladder"? I have, and the movie's imagery coupled with that of your post really creeped me out.

Colonel Flagg Apr 5th, 2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 623371)
They can find other fat ugly women >:

:rock

Kitsa Apr 5th, 2009 10:29 PM

I read (and love) An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, which I understand is along the same lines.

I just found out a big magazine used some of my photos. Yay! Then I found out they didn't credit me. Aw. :(

Colonel Flagg Apr 6th, 2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 623379)
I read (and love) An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, which I understand is along the same lines.

Yep, pretty much. It's something else to see it on film, though. Creepy. :hypno

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 623379)
I just found out a big magazine used some of my photos. Yay! Then I found out they didn't credit me. Aw. :(

Jesus, isn't that illegal? Or were they on "teh internets" and therefore "public domain". Either way that sucks big hairy monkey balls! Not that my opinion counts for jack shit. >:

Esuohlim Apr 6th, 2009 01:15 AM

Hell yeah it's April and there's about two inches of snow outside

The Easter season gets a well deserved kick in the cunt

Colonel Flagg Apr 6th, 2009 05:01 AM

If I look outside and see white, I'm goin' to the roof with a high-powered rifle. :goth

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 08:23 AM

We're supposed to get snow later today. I remember one spring...late May or early June...in the 90s, when we were driving in downtown Chicago and it was snowing then.

I don't know how illegal the picture thing is. The publisher of the book I worked on gave them the photos as promotions, most likely. The magazine credited the publisher for the pics, in teeny print at the bottom of the article, but didn't credit me anywhere. To the publisher's credit, she emailed me right away to let me know it had happened and that they were working on it with the magazine.

Contrast that with the last time this happened, when the author of that book gave a big magazine my high-res photos and no one told me. I knew nothing until I looked at his blog several months later and saw that I had a double full-page spread. :hypno

Either way, it costs me $100 a pop at the lawyer's to ask, so I'm better off riding it out.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 6th, 2009 09:02 AM

I'm not looking forward to more snow whatsoever. Here's hoping to it melting quickly.

Colonel Flagg Apr 6th, 2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 623405)
Either way, it costs me $100 a pop at the lawyer's to ask, so I'm better off riding it out.

Yes, don't remind me. I already realize what a fool I was to go into the field of physical chemistry as a career - what was I thinking? Lawyers get paid while they're eating, sleeping, or taking a dump. That's the kind of job I want.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 11:41 AM

One of my attorneys used to call me, randomly, completely unsolicited. He'd say, "So, how you doing?" I'd be confused and tell him I was doing just fine.

A month later I'd get a bill for a "phone consult"....$60.

Colonel Flagg Apr 6th, 2009 11:46 AM

Free money. Get your free money from me, the guy with "LOSER" tattooed on his forehead.

I've been there too. :(

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 12:38 PM

Well, seeing as I had basil and pea seedlings outside, I guess I'd better bring 'em inside. Dammit.

My wall thermometer says 35F.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 02:27 PM

68 here, gonna get to 72.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 03:47 PM

Thanks for that. 'Preciate it.

I went to three different stores today grocery shopping and never did find what I was looking for. I fucking hate that. >:

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 04:02 PM

Yeah, well I found my first real girlfriend the other day on the internet. I think she is gonna trip out when she gets my message.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 04:11 PM

Ha!

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 04:15 PM

I think the last time I talked to her was in 88.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 05:03 PM

Yeah, I imagine she'll be surprised. And maybe think it's some sort of long-distance booty call.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 05:08 PM

According to her Myspace, she likes Nascar and country music. She used to be a little metal chick. I'm curious as to what happened.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 05:54 PM

probably a man.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 05:56 PM

Or she only liked metal to fit in at school.

Dixie Apr 6th, 2009 06:14 PM

Most of the 80s metal chicks turned redneck in the latter 90s.
Lamers.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 06:16 PM

I know of at least one who did, and hardcore. It was sad but I could kind of see it coming.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 06:18 PM

WTH, I need to fix her immediately.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 06:19 PM

She lives in LA for the love of Satan.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 06:58 PM

I am pissed off.

I began wearing a pair of summer sandals, back when it was warm.

Then I got a rash across the tops of my feet.

Now it looks like I have fucking leprosy.

When the rash abruptly started producing large red welts, I Sought Medical Attention. The Urgent Care guy says maybe ringworm from the shoes.

Ringworm*!

What in the blue fuck?!?!

You don't want to see my feet right now. Or maybe you do. But they're gross :( G_d gave me a plague in time for Passover.

* ringworm is not a worm.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 07:02 PM

It could be one of the 5 forms of psoriasis.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 07:12 PM

That would be heartbreaking.

See for yourself. Who wants some of this? Line forms to the left!

my feet are shiny because I've been hitting them with every spray and cream I can think of.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 07:30 PM

Did they get puffy as well? What happened to me at the last job I worked had a lot to do with a rash that took over my legs and arms and any muscle I used puffed up to about the point of breaking my skin.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 07:32 PM

No, not really puffy, but that one on the right...the red spot is big, swollen, raised and tough.

And at night it itches so badly I think I'm going out of my mind.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 07:39 PM

I should have taken pictures of what happened to me, but I didn't want to be reminded of it ever. It was the beginning of the end of my normal life. I had to accept from then on that I am not a normal healthy person who can live life without consequences. I had 2 pieces of skin removed and a muscle biopsy to find out what was wrong. To this day I don't know what happened. I think it was a form of Psoriasis as it goes hand in hand with my Ankylosing Spondylitis. I won't ever really know though. It got so bad that my roommate thought I was going to die on him.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 07:44 PM

That sucks. It doesn't quite sound like Shingles (then again, neither does mine).

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 07:53 PM

I have a feeling it was Psoriatic Arthritis. It looked like this.

But on my legs and feet mostly, then they would scar.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 08:05 PM

Do you have rheumatoid arthritis?

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 08:06 PM

I have worse, I have ankylosing spondylitis.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 08:15 PM

Well, I guess I was asking more if one autoimmune-ish problem left you open to many others.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 08:23 PM

I don't know if RA people get other autoimmune diseases, but I do know that people with AS often have multiple problems as a result. PSA is one of them, there is also Iritis and Heart disease.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 08:45 PM

Things are distributed unfairly in this world.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 08:54 PM

Lol, I deserve worse. I'm a lot nicer for having been in chronic pain.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 09:04 PM

I've been more of a bitch for having been in chronic pain.

Colonel Flagg Apr 6th, 2009 09:10 PM

Kit, is it possible you had an allergic reaction to the material in the sandals? I'm just wondering if some benadryl or other antihistamine would have any effect.

Ah, you've probably thought of this already anyways. :\

Fathom Zero Apr 6th, 2009 09:25 PM

Cheap flipflops have been known to have chemicals in them that burn. I'd go find the link, but I don't think it's worth the five minutes slogging through the Consumerist.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 09:26 PM

http://www.google.com/search?q=cheap...ient=firefox-a

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 09:28 PM

I alternated between Hydrocortisone 1% and Bacitracin for about a week before the rash stepped up the game and I went to the urgent care. I thought that maybe it was a latex allergy thing...I'm very allergic to dipped latex...but no, doesn't seem to be.

I'm just indignant at the idea of having ringworm. And a little uneasy because I don't like what that says about my immune system :(

Tadao Apr 6th, 2009 09:30 PM

I didn't see any ring shapes on your feet.

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 09:30 PM

Yeah, I saw those pictures...pretty horrid...but it's probably more likely that I do have some sort of skin infection from the non-breathable rubbery material. I just hate admitting it.

Pub Lover Apr 6th, 2009 10:56 PM

I suggest covering them in seminal fluid. I am willing to help in this matter. :7force

Kitsa Apr 6th, 2009 11:04 PM

Holy shit, that just made me realize something. If I go around kicking crotches, I might possibly have new germ-warfare capabilities!

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 6th, 2009 11:55 PM

I'm thinking about buzzing my hair soon. Was going to do it tonight but it fucking snowed.

Kitsa Apr 7th, 2009 09:42 AM

Our yard is separated from a major freeway by a concrete wall. Every once in a while, someone crashes into the wall nearby and it makes a huge noise and shakes the house.

Someone just crashed. It sounded like a giant trunk lid being slammed right outside our back window. Made me jump, heh. Now I'm counting minutes until I hear sirens.

There's no break in the freeway wall and no way I could get there to help. Since it's rush hour, I'm sure someone out there is calling 911.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 7th, 2009 04:10 PM

Happy Birthday B_Squared!

Kitsa Apr 7th, 2009 05:32 PM

Oh, cool. Happy birthday :D

Tadao Apr 8th, 2009 02:58 PM

Kitsa Apr 8th, 2009 04:09 PM

hee hee hee.

I am doing lots of cooking for tonight, but everyone is out of key ingredients so it's becoming an exercise in frustration.

Also, I learned that when you give your mother a novelty dogshit-shaped candy mold, you end up receiving gifts of dogshit-shaped candy. That should've been a no-brainer :/

Tadao Apr 8th, 2009 04:13 PM

I'm great at replacing key ingredients with something from the back of the cupboard.

Kitsa Apr 8th, 2009 04:24 PM

heh

Well, I've already had to swap out cream of chicken for cream of mushroom, which hopefully won't be too big a deal.

The cake I baked (the same way I always bake cake) came out with a tough, shiny top this time. Not sure what that's about. But I can cut the top off.

The rest of it..dunno, I'll improvise.

Tadao Apr 8th, 2009 04:43 PM

Sounds like crystallized sugar. I think the cake might hold together better with a crust, but if it's 1/4 inch thick it would suck.

Kitsa Apr 8th, 2009 04:49 PM

I used the reduced sugar pilsbury cake mix because I didn't have ingredients to make my usual recipe from scratch. I'm guessing it's that.

If the rest of the cake is okay, I'm all right with it. I can cut it off.

b_squared Apr 8th, 2009 06:55 PM

Thank you 10K, Tadao, Kitsa.
Spent the day at Disneyland since they have a promotion to get in free on your birthday. Had a good time, but since its spring break here it was very busy.

Kitsa Apr 8th, 2009 06:57 PM

I saw that commercial. That would be great if you were born on the same day as your triplets or something.

Kitsa Apr 8th, 2009 07:03 PM

This is what happens when you give your mom a novelty poop-shaped chocolate mold as a gift.

It's filled with delicious peanut butter.

Tadao Apr 8th, 2009 08:52 PM

I hope it has whole peanuts in there as well!

Kitsa Apr 8th, 2009 09:04 PM

I told her she should have, but she didn't. The peanut butter shows through in spots, it's a similar effect.

b_squared Apr 9th, 2009 12:19 AM

I have twin girls who I also signed up for the Disney b-day. That will save me some $.

choco butter poo...I dont know if I could get past the look to eat it.

Kitsa Apr 9th, 2009 01:08 AM

Yeah, it's a great deal for multiples. I would've done it.

Esuohlim Apr 10th, 2009 03:38 AM

A friend of mine got me to watch a couple episodes of Buffy tonight. I've never been so ashamed about liking a TV show in my life. :(

I was pretty ashamed about liking Stargate SG-1, but jesus christ.