I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Esuohlim Nov 15th, 2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 511205)
I believe it's also too big. That's why I changed it in the first place.

Not to mention that there's probably four people around here with the same avatar already

RaNkeri Nov 15th, 2007 12:18 PM

And I'd stick to my predator anyway

RaNkeri Nov 15th, 2007 01:07 PM

Can any of you guys tell me how do I point out that

(e^x)^y = e^xy And I'm NOT allowed to use the simple rules of exponential functions.

I'm having this weeks' analysis demonstrasions tomorrow and I haven't done shit :x

Emu Nov 15th, 2007 02:34 PM

Drop out

irish Nov 15th, 2007 02:50 PM

G'day :D haven't been on here in ages. I saw the horror night's feature dealy.. and it made me remember that I went to the one in Orlando. Wow just wow :O I am a huge scaredy cat and with only my two evil brothers with me.. well I think you can guess.

Thought I'd share the with ye that: Leatherface said "I'm not actually going to hurt you" after I screamed at him, "DON'T TOUCH ME!!"
Ehehe

MarioRPG Nov 15th, 2007 03:45 PM

I wish I could have that job.

Esuohlim Nov 15th, 2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 511255)
Can any of you guys tell me how do I point out that

(e^x)^y = e^xy And I'm NOT allowed to use the simple rules of exponential functions.

I'm having this weeks' analysis demonstrasions tomorrow and I haven't done shit :x

Are you allowed to just substitute actual numbers for x and y and prove it that way? Like (e^5)^3 = (e^5)(e^5)(e^5) = e^15 = e^(5x3)

Esuohlim Nov 15th, 2007 10:11 PM

PERSONALLY I WOULD JUST TRY PROVING THIS INSTEAD

Fathom Zero Nov 15th, 2007 10:58 PM

ASSOCIATIVE PROPERTY, STUPID. >:

Emu Nov 16th, 2007 12:01 AM

So like there's this Japanese restaurant here that I absolutely love. It's a small place that serves mostly sushi and the food is great and I adore the atmosphere. My girlfriend and I eat there at least once a week, and have done so for the past 3 months or so. We go in there today and as I'm going to pay the manager tells me that if I don't start leaving tips that she's going to have to add a service charge to my bill.

This is bullshit on several levels.

1.) In at least 2 dozen times attending the place, I think that perhaps once or twice I have not left a tip. And this has only been because I didn't have any small-bill cash on me. There's a jar on the sushi bar used for tips, and I always make certain that the sushi chefs see me leave the tip, and they always say "thank you" when I do so. I've worked in a restaurant before and I know how important tips are. Plus, the service has always been great and I like the place, so I tip.

2.) I'm pretty sure charging a service fee to eat at a fucking restaurant is damn close to being illegal.

3.) The manager attempted to explain to me how tips work as if I'm retarded, then proceeded to condescend to me, telling me "You American people know how tips are supposed to work." Apparently she seems to have thought that tipping is a requirement rather than a courtesy.

So yeah, fuck. Probably won't be eating there again, as much as I hate to say that.

Chojin Nov 16th, 2007 12:18 AM

Service fees are illegal, yes. But what did you do to make the manager have to pull you aside, then?

Emu Nov 16th, 2007 12:21 AM

Nothing. I went to pay for my food and she said that the chefs told her that I haven't been leaving tips.

And it's not like we're poor customers or anything. We usually practically bus our own table. We generally get between 20-30 dollars in food every time we go, sometimes even more than that. It seemed really out of left field and I think she was trying to pull something on us. From the way she talked about it I guess she thought that the tip is just a given here instead of a courtesy, like I said before.

Zomboid Nov 16th, 2007 12:40 AM

People who expect or demand tips every time disgust me.

JediScum Nov 16th, 2007 09:34 AM

When I lived in Austin, I went to a restaurant and got horrible service. The waiter literally ran out the door after me because I didn't tip. I crumpled up a dollar and threw it at his feet.

MattJack Nov 16th, 2007 12:33 PM

You sure showed him huh

did everyone start high5ing you n shit after that?

noob3 Nov 16th, 2007 02:50 PM

My girlfriend and I were once eating at a loca bbq chain, Earl's. I was done eating, and she asked me if I would like to eat her fries. Being the fat boy that I am, I complied and proceeded to eat her remaining food. Our waitress comes over, who is some ugly chick in emo glasses & alot of make up, and proceeds to say "Wow, talk about a garbage disposal!" I'm not sure if that was some sort of joke or what, but it was more then enough reason for us not to tip her, that and the fact she didn't even refill my drink.

So we start to leave, and she yells "HAVE A GOOD DAY YOU.. YOU JERKS!" We started laughing. We actually called up to Earl's later to complain about the service, and she picked up the phone. No shit. I was like "Uh, can I talk to your manager?" "Uh.. Hold on. Wait, I AM THE MANAGER!" :lol

bigtimecow Nov 16th, 2007 11:15 PM

damn straight mattjack

damn straight

Guitar Woman Nov 17th, 2007 12:40 AM

Does anyone else randomly click on threads the guests are reading? I recently found this gem by doing that!

http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5948

Eyelobe Nov 17th, 2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 511412)
Does anyone else randomly click on threads the guests are reading? I recently found this gem by doing that!

http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5948

I discovered this entire site randomly one night. For better or for worse, I'm glad I did. Cheers to all you weirdos out there.

DuFresne Nov 17th, 2007 04:12 AM

Christ, what is it with these new people and quoting the entire post before them? This isn't the best example, but all over I'm seeing people quote 10+ lines of text from the post directly above theirs, as if we'd otherwise have no idea who in the world the're refering to. >:

Eyelobe Nov 17th, 2007 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuFresne (Post 511429)
Christ, what is it with these new people and quoting the entire post before them?

:rock

DuFresne Nov 17th, 2007 04:17 AM

thank you

Eyelobe Nov 17th, 2007 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuFresne (Post 511429)
Christ, what is it with these new people and quoting the entire post before them? This isn't the best example, but all over I'm seeing people quote 10+ lines of text from the post directly above theirs, as if we'd otherwise have no idea who in the world the're refering to. >:

:|

DuFresne Nov 17th, 2007 04:29 AM

you can't handle my editing prowess!

Eyelobe Nov 17th, 2007 05:41 AM

Sneaky monkey :) I saw that.