I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Post Your Favorite Album Of All Time (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697328)

Rongi Aug 22nd, 2007 02:40 AM

Post Your Favorite Album Of All Time

I know this thread has probably been done to death, but I've discovered cool shit from threads like these so um fuck you ok?

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

It seems like the tolkien answer for favorite Rolling Stones album is "Exile On Main St." I dont get why either. Granted, Exile is a masterpiece and blah blah blah but it is WAY too cluttered and murky to be my favorite.

Sticky Fingers is just awesome from start to finish, not a single bad track on the whole damned thing. It's also one of the few CDs in my collection that I can keep coming back to.

I know all the indie rock/electronica kids are going to come in and call me a faggot but i dont care!

Cfr5 Aug 22nd, 2007 02:47 AM

I always go back to Pink Floyd's Animals.

Guitar Woman Aug 22nd, 2007 02:48 AM

I can't think of an all time favorite, but Abbey Road is probably pretty high on my list.

noob3 Aug 22nd, 2007 01:52 PM

in terms of endless listenability alone

discordance axis - original sound version

Fathom Zero Aug 22nd, 2007 04:28 PM

Soul Coughing's Ruby Vroom.

FartinMowler Aug 22nd, 2007 05:42 PM

I must have listened to this album a million times

RaNkeri Aug 22nd, 2007 05:57 PM

Extremely hard to say, because there are at least 3 albums that I could listen 'till armageddon:

(His 1st album was awesome, but this one has more songs that reach the "awesome" status)

(Same as with Darude, but opposite. DSS' 1st album is slightly better than their 2nd. The 2nd one still kicks major ass though)

Every song in this album rocks my socks. Probably the best non-techno/trance album ever - for me, that is

zeldasbiggestfan Aug 23rd, 2007 12:26 AM

Listen to it at least once a week.

Girl Drink Drunk Aug 23rd, 2007 12:47 AM

Aerosmith's "Rocks" album

Ninjavenom Aug 23rd, 2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob3 (Post 501882)
in terms of endless listenability alone

discordance axis - original sound version

since when did you like anything not Steve Albini related?

Good choice.

Mine:

Krythor Aug 23rd, 2007 05:41 PM

Slint - Spiderland and Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. They're almost polar opposites stylistically but I love them both.

I saw Slint in London last night and it was fantastic. They played a new song that was pretty good too, so hopefully they're back together full time.

Angryhydralisk Aug 24th, 2007 08:33 PM

Hard to say, but Melvins - Lysol definitely comes to mind. Six songs, two being droning bits, three phenomenal covers, and a last bit of goodness make up one 31-minute track. I bought this on my 21st birthday and my jaw just dropped.

But then again, I've done this with a good handful of stuff in recent years, so favorite album ever is kinda impossible.

Krythor Aug 24th, 2007 08:47 PM

See, I don't think you like it so much as you just want to tell us about it, and how it exists.

Magreaux Aug 24th, 2007 09:39 PM

Hey Angryhydralisk, could you tell me something about that band Boris I keep hearing about? I hear all the cool kids like 'em and I wanna be a cool kid too. How about Sunn O))? What is with that O)) thing at the end, huh? I mean, REALLY?

I'll be a jerk and assume that none of you even know that my favourite album exists so I won't bother to post it here because I do not feel like educating anyone right now. Instead I will choose something at random from my CD collection.

This is a good album right? Does this make me cool? GUYS?

Grislygus Aug 25th, 2007 02:49 AM

Oh yeah baby

Fathom Zero Aug 25th, 2007 05:37 PM

Nevermind:

My taste in music changes with the wind.

noob3 Aug 25th, 2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom (Post 502052)
since when did you like anything not Steve Albini related?

Good choice.

Mine:

what a fucked up assumption!

ScruU2wice Aug 25th, 2007 09:23 PM

Jurassic 5- Quality Control

Weezer- blue album

and

the Unicorns- Who will cut our hair when we are gone?

GADZOOKS Aug 25th, 2007 10:24 PM

Is it my favorite? Beats me, but I have listened to Bad Brains more then any other album by far.

Yggdrasill Aug 26th, 2007 02:36 AM

Angryhydralisk Aug 26th, 2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magreaux (Post 502210)
Hey Angryhydralisk, could you tell me something about that band Boris I keep hearing about? I hear all the cool kids like 'em and I wanna be a cool kid too. How about Sunn O))? What is with that O)) thing at the end, huh? I mean, REALLY?

I'll be a jerk and assume that none of you even know that my favourite album exists so I won't bother to post it here because I do not feel like educating anyone right now. Instead I will choose something at random from my CD collection.

This is a good album right? Does this make me cool? GUYS?

Basically, downloading Boris and Sunn O))) releases is acceptable...unless you have a yacht or car you really, REALLY don't need to feed your interests in Melvins-rip-off with random art influences (Boris) or Earth rip-off with random influences (Sunn O))))

noob3 Aug 26th, 2007 03:19 PM

melvins/earth are just as lame as boris/sunn

Rongi Aug 26th, 2007 03:36 PM

All those bands are awesome, save for maybe Sunn O)))

noob3 Aug 26th, 2007 03:52 PM

i could never really get into melvins except for the song honeybucket

earth are okay but they got boring quick it's always like to me they could have done what they were doing.. better. and sunn are cooler than earth because they wear creepy robes when they play live :o

Magreaux Aug 26th, 2007 04:21 PM

Hey AngryHydralisk thanks for the "go-ahead" to download some Boris. I definitely do NOT own a yacht, haha! Anyway I don't want to ruin this thread any more than I already have but just for some clarification, which Melvins album were Boris ripping off when they did that split with Tomsk 7? Or when they did Feedbacker? Or Dronevil? Let me know because those are the Melvins albums that i'd like to hear. Don't worry dude i'm not being sarcastic at all, I SWEAR! THANKS.