I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: True Romance (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699406)

MockBot Apr 2nd, 2008 03:52 AM

Weekly Movie Review: True Romance

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: True Romance.

argonath Apr 2nd, 2008 09:06 AM

Walken and Hopper laughing after Hopper calls him part eggplant is just plain musical.

I love this movie. It's been far too long since I watched it (but I do own the DVD).

Captain PirateFace Apr 2nd, 2008 12:15 PM

This was my first introduction to Tarantino's writing style, I saw this before any of the films he himself wrote and directed. Such a good movie and Gary Oldman as a white wanna-be-black pimp is friggin' classic. Good times.

Solain Apr 2nd, 2008 03:56 PM

Can't remember where i heard it, but most of the scene between Walken and Hopper was Hopper improvising the "egglplant" part and geniune shock on Walken's as he went with it.

neoboman Apr 2nd, 2008 08:23 PM

Love this movie. That exchange between Walken and Hopper is up there with De Niro and Pacino in Heat for best one-on-one scene ever.

Purple Man Apr 3rd, 2008 05:52 AM

I was one of only three people in my clueless hometown who saw this when it came out. Gary Oldman had just done Dracula and his turn in this flick as Drexl was like an extension of the Count. Quite memorable.

Tony Scott (who has had a pretty lame career since) and some Hollywood suits changed Tarantino's script to give the film a happy ending, and QT has often stated his unhappiness with that. But the character of Alabama - and essentially the film - is a part of the greater Tarantinoverse, being mentioned in passing in Reservoir Dogs.

GRUMPYNZ Apr 3rd, 2008 04:13 PM

That scene between Hopper and Walkin is priceless. It's definitely up there with that classic scene in Heat between De Niro and Pacino.

JJ the Jetplane Apr 3rd, 2008 07:46 PM

I've never seen this movie, but it sounds cool. Also, on an unrelated note, why has nobody reviewed Little Shop of Horrors yet?

DaJoker Apr 4th, 2008 04:29 AM

Truly a great movie, I personally think James James Gandolfini smashing in Patricia Arquette's face in was like watching a car crash you want to look away but just can't.

Butters Apr 4th, 2008 11:15 AM

I don't know why I haven't seen this yet. I REALLY want to.

Nick Apr 4th, 2008 03:24 PM

It's on my list of things to see.

Julio Apr 6th, 2008 01:36 AM

Gotta get that old movie rental card out of the box have it and go get it.

professork Oct 21st, 2009 11:45 AM

As much as I love the cafe scene in "heat", the tete a tete between hopper and walken in this film is unsurpassable. "I haven't killed anybody since 1984" indeed. But then hopper and walken are pretty much fantastic in anything (even when they're not...ok so I love them both and have no real critical faculty when it comes to them...and yes I know they have both done some terribl, terrible films...I don't care)