I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Another reason why PETA sucks (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2789)

Psycho Squid Apr 23rd, 2003 01:45 AM

Another reason why PETA sucks

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/112/...e_its_n:.shtml
PETA asks town to change its name
By Associated Press, 4/22/2003 10:34

HAMBURG, N.Y. (AP) A national animal rights group has offered Hamburg officials $15,000 to change the town's name to Veggieburg.

''The town's name conjures up visions of unhealthy patties of ground-up dead cows,'' said Joe Haptas, spokesman of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), in a letter faxed Monday to Hamburg Supervisor Patrick Hoak.

PETA offered to supply area schools with $15,000 worth of non-meat patties for the name change.

''Our offer is serious as a heart attack,'' Haptas said.

Hoak immediately declined.

''With all due respect, I think it's a delicacy in our community,'' he said about hamburgers. ''We're proud of our name and proud of our heritage.''

The Buffalo suburb, named Hamburg since 1812, claims to be the birth place of the American culinary staple. Hamburg commemorates the birth of hamburgers at the annual Burgerfest.

In 1996, PETA proposed that the Hudson Valley town of Fishkill change its centuries-old name to Fishsave, since the group believed the name conjured up violent imagery of dead fish.

The town was named by Dutch settlers in the early 1600s. ''Kill'' is the Dutch word for ''stream.''

They are not even giving the town real money. Just a bunch of tofu burgers. Morons.

UnDeath Apr 23rd, 2003 03:15 AM

Quote:

''The town's name conjures up visions of unhealthy patties of ground-up dead cows,''
... since the group believed the name conjured up violent imagery of dead fish.
HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
I wish this was fake..... oh man....
that last one is just sad. Dead fish... goddamn, I wonder if they know why people never take them seriously.

ziggytrix Apr 23rd, 2003 04:56 AM

It wouldn't be very funny if it were fake. :/

KevinTheOmnivore Apr 24th, 2003 01:12 AM

Serious as a heart attack.

And yet you guys still can't understand why they do things like this.

ziggytrix Apr 24th, 2003 02:10 AM

I understand why just fine.

It just so happens that I think they're crazy. :)

And hilarious. :lol

dj bastard Apr 24th, 2003 01:22 PM

bastards

PETA suck ass.
they tried to sabotage a fishing match on the local canal, banging pans with sticks and doing other childish stuff, needless to say they ended up bruised and wet, hahahahahaha.

dj bastard Apr 24th, 2003 01:25 PM

bastards

PETA suck ass.
they tried to sabotage a fishing match on the local canal, banging pans with sticks and doing other childish stuff, needless to say they ended up bruised and wet, hahahahahaha.

dj bastard Apr 24th, 2003 01:25 PM

bastards

PETA suck ass.

KevinTheOmnivore Apr 24th, 2003 05:01 PM

PETA suck ass.

CyborgDuckPenis Apr 29th, 2003 08:34 AM

PETA suck ass.

Teenage_Zombie138 Apr 29th, 2003 09:49 AM

wow a whole 15,000 :/ yea thatsa fair price to rape a town of its history

glowbelly Apr 29th, 2003 09:58 AM

THEY. DO. IT. FOR. ATTENTION. AND. YOU. PEOPLE. GIVE. IT. TO. THEM.

slavemason Apr 29th, 2003 06:22 PM

My Balls suck ass.

Jeanette X Apr 29th, 2003 10:27 PM

PETA tried to get Judas Priest to change "Hellbent for Leather" to "Hellbent for Pleather".

ziggytrix Apr 30th, 2003 07:16 AM

PETA wore white shoes before Easter >:

Newtype Apr 30th, 2003 10:06 AM

those fuckin peta bastards...I went peabashinyestday

Swordelf Apr 30th, 2003 11:14 PM

Yes, PETA is a fucked little bunch of idiots!!!

glowbelly May 1st, 2003 01:59 AM

that you keep talking about. :)

they'll do anything for their cause. the more ridiculous, the better. no press is bad press. blah blah blah.

their hearts are in the right place, but sometimes the execution is just silly.

Carnivore May 1st, 2003 04:14 AM

Their hearts go far, far beyond the right place. Wanting to help animals is all well and good. Wanting to help animals at the expense of humans is PETA.

glowbelly May 1st, 2003 10:01 AM

ummmmm. i hate to play devil's advocate here, but just exactly who or what should be held responsible for animal cruelty? animals?

Carnivore May 1st, 2003 01:18 PM

There's a difference between preventing animal cruelty and promoting animal equality.

BlueOatmeal May 2nd, 2003 01:55 AM

These people are a bunch of zealots! They do these acts with blinders and could care less if innocent humans are harmed. They proved that when they fired bombed a McDonalds and one innocent person was killed.

Theres noting wrong with doing what you belive in but these people take it to an extreme.

Mockery May 26th, 2003 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glowbelly
ummmmm. i hate to play devil's advocate here, but just exactly who or what should be held responsible for animal cruelty? animals?

http://www.I-Mockery.com/Meatatarian/branded.htm

This is why groups like PETA and the ALF are bad... because many of their followers are actually mentally insane. I think animal cruelty is shitty and would never buy fur or anything, but some activists get so worked up that they'll bomb a McDonald's or do what they did to this poor bastard (who is an activist).

PETA just preys on the easily influenced youth who are looking for some purpose and meaning in their lives, along with the excitement of being "shocking" and "controversial". But, like most kids, they're often too stupid to distinguish right from wrong and end up taking things too far in the name of their empty cause.

PETA's antics hurt their cause much more than helping it simply because of their extreme nature. People are too busy laughing at the nude protestors to bother thinking about whether or not they should buy fur.

To sum it up:

"Your actions speak so loud I can't hear a word you're saying..." -Graffin

Daphne May 27th, 2003 12:33 PM

so what do you suggest anti-cruelty activists do to get their point accross?

glowbelly May 27th, 2003 05:57 PM

NOTHING DAPHNE. YOU JUST SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP WHILE I STUFF MY FACE WITH VEAL, NAME MY FUR COATS AND INJECT BUNNIES WITH MY MASCARA. >: