I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NEW MINIMOCK: "A MONKEY ISLAND FEAST!" by -RoG- (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4035)

Mockery Jun 16th, 2003 11:42 PM

NEW MINIMOCK: "A MONKEY ISLAND FEAST!" by -RoG-

Here's my latest flash movie (which was originally going to be a site intro, until I got too carried away with it). Took quite a long time to finish it, but it was worth it. I'm real happy to have finally been able to do a tribute to one of my all-time favorite games, the Secret of Monkey Island. It also has a couple o' secrets hidden in it too, so be sure to look for them after you've watched the movie.

"A MONKEY ISLAND FEAST!" by -RoG-:
http://www.I-Mockery.com/minimocks/MonkeyIsland-Feast

-RoG-

Generator86 Jun 16th, 2003 11:53 PM

:lol

Dammit, Mock! You made me spit out a mouthful of beer with the Hot Topic reference.

There's four secrets, right?

Sorry, I'm probably confusing secrets with just shit to click on to. Eh, either way, I thought it was funny as hell.

AChimp Jun 16th, 2003 11:57 PM

I FOUND THREE. :eek

Sam Jun 17th, 2003 12:54 AM

I found five. But I think one of them isn't really a secret. So... I found four.

FS Jun 17th, 2003 05:07 AM

Haha, crazy. Nice work.

Grazzt Jun 17th, 2003 07:17 AM

Heh... Stan.

Mockery Jun 17th, 2003 07:20 AM

Thanks for the compliments so far :)

For the record, there are 5 secrets total. 2 of them are fairly big, and 3 of them are just small little quickie secrets.

I've been told I should submit this to Newgrounds, but I'm not sure about it. I mean, the whole thing talks about I-Mockery a lot... maybe if I changed it to talk about Newgrounds or something else instead.

Grazzt Jun 17th, 2003 07:27 AM

Nah, you'll just get reviews about the lack of "blud".

Helm Jun 17th, 2003 09:43 AM

Pretty funny. Did anyone else think the text should've scrolled faster? I read quick, but still, it felt too slow for me.

whoreable Jun 17th, 2003 09:57 AM

yea it was a bit slow for me and i am a retrard. Very nicely done, but yes, way too fucking long for an intro. I think you guys need to work on a downloadable game.

Mockery Jun 17th, 2003 12:10 PM

Domo-Kun was downloadable :)

As for the text being slow, I always consider the "people" (and I use the term loosely) who visit my I-Mockery. That being said, it's still probably too fast.

Rev. Danno Jun 17th, 2003 01:02 PM

Kicked Ass Rog. I Never played Monkey Island, But I played every other Lucas Arts game that came out at this time...

NOTINAGAYWAY Jun 17th, 2003 01:09 PM

I cheated with Tab. :(

Psycho Squid Jun 17th, 2003 02:07 PM

Where can I get a "Ask Me About I-Mockery" button?

Ninjavenom Jun 17th, 2003 03:12 PM

Oh, it was wonderful, and has convinced me to buy Monkey island. I played D.o.t.t. and it was funny as hell. I love opening drawers to make Hoagie say "bitchin'."

mew barios Jun 17th, 2003 05:28 PM

no blood. no b00bz. *blamz :O*

also, that music is awesome. :o

Mockery Jun 17th, 2003 11:29 PM

Did you never get to play Monkey Island, Mew? Or did you just forget about the music. There's so much good stuff in those games it's scary.

Ninjavenom, if you liked D.O.T.T., you're gonna friggin' LOVE Monkey Island.

CrapOnAStick Jun 18th, 2003 12:01 AM

I found 5 secrets :o

Teenage_Zombie138 Jun 18th, 2003 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
Ninjavenom, if you liked D.O.T.T., you're gonna friggin' LOVE Monkey Island.

good god i miss the old style of the lucas arts games (and the seirra games too) you shoud do somthing with the sam and max game cause i know im not the only one who played it

p.s no man eating poddles were harmed in the making of this post

Blackjack Jun 18th, 2003 08:55 AM

I found the parrot, the lever, Stans, the pirate (grr, what was his name?!?? He was an advertisment for loom, back in the day) and if you clock on his button, he gets to talk about I-mockery.

There, that's five, if you count the pirate guy as 2. Do I get a prize? (preferably the key that opens the cabinet in the captain's cabin...)

Captain Robo Jun 18th, 2003 01:04 PM

The old Lucasarts games were the best.

Monkey Island was good, but in my opinion, Grim Fandango was better.

Nice job on the toon.

Rongi Jun 18th, 2003 03:06 PM

I thought you were leaving forever :|

Mockery Jun 18th, 2003 08:57 PM

Thanks again for the compliments on the flash movie.

Tom from Newgrounds just told me that he wants me to submit it to the site. He'll even make a Monkey Island collection this time, which would be real cool. So I guess I will do it, but I'm at least gonna change all of the "I-Mockery gruel" references in the main movie to something else. I'll leave the Cobb secret as is though, because... well, it's COBB for crissakes. You do NOT fuck with Cobb.

I'll let you guys know when the movie is up on there so you can help vote for it. w00t.

-RoG-

Rongi Jun 18th, 2003 10:16 PM

I hope those dicks from last time don't try and knock it off :(

Mockery Jun 18th, 2003 10:27 PM

Huh? If you're talking about the top 50, this thing won't make it into it anyway...

And Domo is still in the top 50. He fights the good fight.
:domo