I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

MetalMilitia Jun 21st, 2008 05:04 PM

Just started Mass Effect on PC. Really like it so far, especially the conversation trees. It's probably the best implementation of conversations I've ever seen in a game. They've managed to cover just about everything you might want to say if you were in each situation. The voice acting and character animation really adds to the experience too.
The only problems I've had with the game so far are remembering all the character/race names and such and the planetary map not working, but that might just be down to my copy being a bit dodgy.

Still hoping that one day someone will do a modern warfare-based RPG but until then this should be a good time killer.

Lobo Tommy Jun 21st, 2008 05:07 PM

I'm playing Wario Land: Super Mario land 3 for the original game boy. Why? I don't know, fuck you.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 21st, 2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobo Tommy (Post 562570)
I'm playing Wario Land: Super Mario land 3 for the original game boy. Why? I don't know, fuck you.

That's a great game. Whenever a boss makes their entrance, pause the game, hit the buttons randomly, then unpause. It should unfreeze you during the boss' opening so you can get a bunch of free whoopin on them.

bigtimecow Jun 22nd, 2008 09:12 PM

just got rockband for the wii; it has 5 extra songs, a 20-song pack coming in a month, and i think DLC coming soon? either way, the new drumset is a big upgrade. not only is it white, but the drum pads register hits more easily (a major problem in the original drumsets) and the pedal is just easier to use / register hits.

and one of the extra 5 songs is rock rock rockaway beach :metal

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 12:24 AM

Wait, that wasn't on the original version?

That was like, the first screenshot they revealed. >:

bigtimecow Jun 23rd, 2008 10:12 AM

are you talking about DLC? it's in the ps3 and xbox 360 version, but not the ps2 version, which i previously had

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 10:13 AM

no, Rockaway Beach

bigtimecow Jun 23rd, 2008 10:15 AM

ohhh. as far as i know it's not in the other versions, at least ps2. but i know you can download it on the other versions

Ant10708 Jun 23rd, 2008 05:02 PM

GTA 4
RE 4
Call of Duty 4

I sense a pattern

bigtimecow Jun 23rd, 2008 06:43 PM

next comes mgs

WhiteRat Jun 23rd, 2008 06:46 PM

I finally received my old NES and SNES in the mail today thanks to my sister finding them in my parents basement. Sadly, the poor NES will do nothing but flash that stupid blue screen and the SNES doesn't even have an AC adapter.

Emu Jun 23rd, 2008 07:51 PM

The blue screen can be fixed with a pin adjustment. You need a small screwdriver or nail file or something flat you can slip under the pins and bend them up a little bit.

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 07:54 PM

guys, the last boss of Silent Hill is impossible

Unless there's some really simple and convoluted way to kill it, which I wouldn't not expect from this series

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 23rd, 2008 07:55 PM

Are you fighting Samael or Cheryl/Allessa? I beat both on my first try on normal mode. Fighting Samael on Hard was a different story.....

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 08:00 PM

Whatever this is. No, I can't see anything either.
Spoilers!

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 23rd, 2008 08:07 PM

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 08:12 PM

Spoilers!

MetalMilitia Jun 23rd, 2008 08:35 PM

Just completed Mass Effect. It's one of the best games in terms of story, production values, design and uhh, "epicness" that I've ever played. I did it in about three sittings over three days and it feels like I've just watched a 30+ hour film. Can't wait to play it again and do a load more sub-quests.
Say, does anyone know - if you create a new character and start again do you get to keep all your stats (even items maybe)? It seems like you should but perhaps it would make the early parts of the game too easy.

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2008 08:37 PM

It does, heh heh heh.

But if you're on a harder difficulty, it'll be harder. Obviously.

Running through the beginning of the game with all the Spectre class weapons is fun.

Karmapolice Jun 23rd, 2008 10:14 PM

Crysis multiplayer. Even my newly upgraded computer is struggling on this game :(

EisigerBiskuit Jun 24th, 2008 01:36 AM

Penumbra, but 1, dogs make my computer sweat, and 2, those dogs rip out your throat.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 24th, 2008 03:44 PM

Just got Final Fantasy Tactics A2. It's a little more fun this time around, but the story is even more bland. Naming my hero and clan obscenities can only add so much amusement before I want to get back to fighting.

bloc partyin' Jun 24th, 2008 04:45 PM

the legend of zelda: ocarina of time
...wish i was playing diablo 3.

Chojin Jun 24th, 2008 08:50 PM

mostly age of conan still, though i'm beginning to slow down as I'm tiring of typical MMO quests:

"GO FIND X AND REPORT BACK"
"GO KILL # MONSTERS OF TYPE Z AND REPORT BACK"

So I guess you could say that every MMO is just like GTA.

Guitar Woman Jun 24th, 2008 10:40 PM

You could, but you'd be wrong