I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Tadao Sep 24th, 2009 06:16 PM

Hahhahahaha here we go. I don't like taking drugs from the medical association. The only reason I'm on Enbrel is because I couldn't take the pain anymore and was waiting to die. I never do flu shots, and I don't trust antibiotics. Too each his own I guess, but I piss of Dr's and people trying to help me.

Pub Lover Sep 24th, 2009 06:17 PM

:pagebrak

Guitar Woman Sep 24th, 2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Sanjay Gupta got swine flu
lol

Aaarg Sep 24th, 2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 650083)
brak

oh burn

LordSappington Sep 24th, 2009 06:21 PM

I've been diagnosed with H1N1 today. Fun. Of course, half my school has, too.

Tadao Sep 24th, 2009 06:25 PM

You pussies, catch a real disease.

Pub Lover Sep 24th, 2009 06:25 PM

:lol

Oh Tadao. <3

Tadao Sep 24th, 2009 06:26 PM

I thought that would ease your OCD. :D

kahljorn Sep 24th, 2009 07:15 PM

the danger with pandemics isn't just that "everybody will get it" which is just like a regular flu but that everybody will get it and it will mutate and change through all the different conditions and eventually a super virus will emerge and kill everybody.

Kitsa Sep 24th, 2009 07:42 PM

but as of right now, the southern hemisphere is wrapping up their flu season and so far the strain (which isn't just swine flu but a combination of swine and avian flu) has not mutated.

LordSappington Sep 24th, 2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 650102)
the danger with pandemics isn't just that "everybody will get it" which is just like a regular flu but that everybody will get it and it will mutate and change through all the different conditions and eventually a super virus will emerge and kill everybody.

If this is true, wouldn't it be plausible that the common cold should have wiped us out decades ago?

kahljorn Sep 24th, 2009 08:01 PM

Yep, except that common colds supposedly don't have either the susceptibility to mutation and the i dunno structure or something to mutate to such dangerous degrees or something. oh yea and also cause our immune systems deal with the common cold all the time but the avian/swine flu is new.

There's something about going from being an animal flu to being a human flu that makes it particularly dangerous i think, but I'm not positive. But yea we have been fucked with by flus like this there was a similar one caused by an avian bird flu at the beginning of the 20th century.

LordSappington Sep 24th, 2009 08:06 PM

Dude, nothing mutates like the common cold; that's why they're so common.
I think the main reason animal diseases are so much more dangerous is because it's completely alien to our bodies; there aren't any antibodies whatsoever to combat them.

kahljorn Sep 24th, 2009 08:11 PM

yea but they only usually change enough for us to get sick again. It's not like a gigantic change. Plus part of the mutation they talk about with bird flus and stuff is it mutating to be able to go from person to person easier and to afflict humans more specifically, whereas common colds have already done that.

kahljorn Sep 24th, 2009 08:16 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_fl...ly_second_wave

Quote:

The second wave of the 1918 pandemic was much deadlier than the first. During the first wave, which began in early March, the epidemic resembled typical flu epidemics. Those at the most risk were the sick and elderly, and younger, healthier people recovered easily. But in August, when the second wave began in France, Sierra Leone and the United States,[40] the virus had mutated to a much more deadly form. This has been attributed to the circumstances of the First World War.[41] In civilian life evolutionary pressures favour a mild strain: those who get really sick stay home, but those mildly ill continue with their lives, go to work and go shopping, preferentially spreading the mild strain. In the trenches the evolutionary pressures were reversed: soldiers with a mild strain remained where they were, while the severely ill were sent on crowded trains to crowded field hospitals, spreading the deadlier virus. So the second wave began and flu quickly spread around the world again.[42] It was the same flu, in that most of those who recovered from first-wave infections were immune, but it was now far more deadly and the most vulnerable people were those who were like the soldiers in the trenches - young, otherwise healthy, adults.[43] Consequently, during modern pandemics, health officials pay attention when the virus reaches places with social upheaval, looking for deadlier strains of the virus.[42]

Pub Lover Sep 24th, 2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 650151)
I had fun with it. I was not disappointing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 650153)
You're still a disappointment to me, son.

Dr. Boogie Sep 24th, 2009 11:16 PM

Not everyone can be not disappointing to someone.

Pub Lover Sep 24th, 2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

[15:26] k atiq22: hey
[15:26] Pubbles: hullo
[15:26] k atiq22: jarv is a gay name
[15:27] Pubbles: So is your face, but I don't slap your momma for it.
[15:27] k atiq22: shut up you british fag
[15:28] Pubbles: Witty and pithy. You sure one-upped me, mysterious internet turd
[15:31] k atiq22: check out this website www.[edited out].com
I can't say I like the way spambots are going. :(

Whatever happened to them pretending to like me?

Pub Lover Sep 25th, 2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misdemonar (Post 650167)
HAHA THIS THREAD IS FOR NERDS WHINING ABOUT TOYS WHEN THEY ARE WELL PASS THE AGE FOR PLAYING WITH TOYS HAHA

...on the internet. ...with your cartoon avatar. ALL IN CAPS!

Misdemonar Sep 25th, 2009 02:57 AM

THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT PUBLOVER I WILL TAKE THAT INTO CONSIDERATE THOUGHT

p.s. how is your love life

Pub Lover Sep 25th, 2009 03:09 AM

As good as it ever was & better than it should be. :(

Dixie Sep 25th, 2009 04:12 AM

my heart just got a little sad
:(

Fathom Zero Sep 25th, 2009 04:23 AM

My heart's been sad for a while now. I've got a girl-shaped hole in it. :(

Shrubfest Sep 25th, 2009 07:03 AM

My heart has holes in. It's where the blood goes.

Kitsa Sep 25th, 2009 08:10 AM

my heart is tough and rubbery. But it also has a lot of dents :(