I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

OxBlood Apr 25th, 2010 06:01 PM

Looks funny but those games stand and fall with the editor, I never play as any existing athletes :)

darkvare Apr 26th, 2010 12:48 AM

well to be honest the only wrestling game i used to play i used the editor to try to recreate thesse wrestlers and of course the inmortal santo

OxBlood Apr 26th, 2010 07:56 AM

Ah, even I know Santo :)

I don´t know, those guys in SVR2010...people like Cena for example. I...kinda know he´s a bigshot and everything, but he and so many other guys there are just faceless somehow, they don´t emit that goofy charisma the old guys had.

I read up on the last ten years or so yesterday so I know that´s what they were going for apparently. A darker, grittier kind of wrestling, but I don´t really like it, so I built myself with shark-teeth and now I beat those people up in the game which is awesome as always :)

Also, I´m pleased to see that the Undertaker is still around...he´s what, 45? But then again, I heard they´re still bringing out Hogan every now and then...hm.

kahljorn Apr 26th, 2010 05:41 PM

i guess you can use external hard drives with xbox 360's now. I plugged in a flash drive i had and it seems to work for xbox stuff, i saved some games onto it :O

Zomboid Apr 27th, 2010 05:50 AM

Evidently, you can also put movies on your flash drive, plug it into your 360, and watch them that way, too. Makes downloading movies seem more appealing than ever!

TheCoolinator Apr 27th, 2010 09:39 AM

Playing:

Crystal Castles Atari 1983 Arcade cabinet

Just fixed the track ball on it yesterday. Seems that some jerk kid must of stuck a carnival raffle ticket in their a decade ago. Now it runs smoothly.

Zhukov Apr 27th, 2010 11:09 AM

Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles on the DS. Very well suited to it.

OxBlood Apr 28th, 2010 05:03 AM

Found Nier for a reasonable price this morning...I know next to nothing about it and...well, now I just hope it´s okay :D

Phoenix Gamma Apr 28th, 2010 05:08 AM

Played some of the Donkey Kong Country games today on the Wii. Mostly 2; 1's controls frustrate me for some reason, and I can't quite pinpoint why. I was dying a lot. The second game didn't frustrate me, so I just stuck with that. Plus, it's just way better overall. Didn't try 3, which I actually kinda liked save for that retard Kiddie.

But I remember all of the levels and music by heart, even though I haven't touched those games in over a decade. Felt going to your parents' place after not being there for a long time, and everything's still the same :(

Oh, except I didn't have chicken pox when I was playing 2. So I actually had more fun now.

kahljorn Apr 28th, 2010 05:44 AM

yea you've been able to watch movies off of one for a while now although it has to be a supported format :O before you couldn't save anything xbox related to it.

Dimnos Apr 28th, 2010 05:44 PM

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416

dextire Apr 28th, 2010 06:08 PM

That is one seriously well made game.

Tadao Apr 28th, 2010 06:27 PM

That's awesome

OxBlood Apr 29th, 2010 05:59 AM

Okay, so Nier after 9 hours:

Pretty good game actually. Okay, so the graphics suck, we knew that already.
But Gameplay, Story, Characters and especially the music are really nice. I regretted buying Resonance of Fate for 50 bucks, but this one? Not really, it´s very entertaining and has this certain something...

DougClayton4231 Apr 29th, 2010 08:58 AM

Bioware really knows how to drag out a game. Dragon Age is the only RPG from them that I wish was shorter. Much shorter. Since when did hero of the land become everyones bitch?

OxBlood Apr 29th, 2010 09:30 AM

Since the very first time SOMEONE had rats in his basement. It´s the fucking rats, I tell you. And if it isn´t rats, it´s spiders. Hate those guys!

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 29th, 2010 10:34 AM

Just finished Army of two: 40th day yesterady. Love how the achievement for winning as friends is "TOTAL FISTBUMP DESTRUCTION"

I was iffy about getting the DLC for the additional chapters. Has anyone played through them?

DougClayton4231 Apr 29th, 2010 11:24 AM

lmao OxBlood

MarioRPG Apr 29th, 2010 07:58 PM

Started up Scribblenauts and it is coooool

DougClayton4231 Apr 30th, 2010 11:36 AM

Army of Two: 40th Day was pretty awesome with couch co-op. Didn't play the dlc though. Dragon Age had one of the most frustrating end-boss battles I've ever played. Why is there no equivalent of a pheonix down in western rpgs? Fuck.

Zhukov Apr 30th, 2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 683056)
Started up Scribblenauts and it is coooool

It wore off waaay too fast for me.

TheCoolinator Apr 30th, 2010 01:58 PM

Crystal Castle Arcade cabinet report:

Tried sanding down some of the rust on the trackball rollers yesterday. Looks OK but I forgot to apply some lubricant when I put it back together and it scratched the ball. :( Kinda pissed, gotta have to take it apart again and see if I can spray some WD-40 in there and make it perfect this time.

OxBlood Apr 30th, 2010 02:06 PM

You got a CC-Cabinet? Not bad :D

Finished Nier today. Really nice game, even though the beginning and ending don´t make much sense yet. Playing through the Kind-of-newgame+ now which starts me in the middle of the game but with new scenes and partial understanding of the Shade-language which in turn changes how you react to them because they are not mindless spirit-beasts anymore, now, that you can more or less understand what they are doing.

TheCoolinator Apr 30th, 2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 683165)
You got a CC-Cabinet? Not bad :D.

Ya, It's kind of a family heirloom. I dragged it up from the basement a few months ago and finally got the chance to open it up and see what I can fix. The first time I cracked it open I found a carnival ticket caught in one of the track ball rollers, second time I sanded down the rust, and HOPEFULLY today I can crack the dam think open for the third and final time and lube up all the rollers. It's such a pain in the ass to do but I want to working perfectly. I'm OCD like that.

I also got a SCI Cabinet and a TX-Sector Pinball machine.

Word to the wise if you or anyone else who reads this is thinking of collecting.

1. You need a lot of space. Right now I have these in my living room and they fit but if I buy anymore I'm going to move the collection to the garage.

2. Buy a game that goes on forever. Games similar to Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Centipede, Crystal Castles, galaga.....

If you buy a game that only has 6 or 7 levels to it you're going to have a feeling of buyers remorse. Find games that are point / skill based. Level based games only works on consoles.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 30th, 2010 06:32 PM

I was going to get a cabinet for the Golden Axe RODA but the shipping alone was like 1$k