I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sad News for Back To The Future: The Ride Fans (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21894)

stitchfan626 Jul 24th, 2006 05:15 PM

Sad News for Back To The Future: The Ride Fans

It first happened with Ghostbusters and, then came the end of Universal's first attractions: Kongfrontation. and now Doc Brown and Biff Tannen's Adventures through time might come to an end. check out this link to see this sad reality:
http://www.bttf.com/index.php?/weblo...o_the_futuret/

if you think that this ride should stay try to write an open letter regarding this at www.openletter.com
here is my letter to Bob Gault (the CEO for Universal Studios Orlando):
http://www.openwebletter.com/view/mpn40z1psov

(hint: search with the keywords: back to the future)
let's show that I-Mockery fans do care about Back To The Future: the Ride[/url]

stitchfan626 Jul 24th, 2006 05:21 PM

disregard this topic, i accidentally made this one. the one with the smilies is the topic that i wanted

Dr. Boogie Jul 24th, 2006 05:25 PM

I'd love to help you out, but my support could be misconstrued as support for spamming whores, you spamming whore.

stitchfan626 Jul 24th, 2006 05:52 PM

i don't consider this as spam. it's more like bringing attention to something that's going to be gone forever. by the way, your rom hack reviews are awesome

-GROG- Jul 24th, 2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchfan626
i don't consider this as spam. it's more like bringing attention to something that's going to be gone forever. by the way, your rom hack reviews are awesome

kiss up

RaScAr Aug 3rd, 2006 06:51 PM

This sucks, you suck.

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2006 12:54 AM

No, YOU suck.

Jixby Phillips Aug 4th, 2006 03:21 AM

I hope when they rerelease the back to the future trillogy on some kind of SPECIALER EDITION on blu-ray hd dvd they put the ride videos on it :(

Seven Force Aug 4th, 2006 01:34 PM

That's nothing. You know that Time Capsule they buried back in April 30, 1992? They had a special TV program and everything for it. Anyway, they removed it. :(

Seven Force Aug 4th, 2006 01:39 PM

im so sorry

stitchfan626 Aug 5th, 2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force
That's nothing. You know that Time Capsule they buried back in April 30, 1992? They had a special TV program and everything for it. Anyway, they removed it. :(

fortunately it's still at universal. i'll post a photo of it soon

Dole Aug 6th, 2006 03:45 PM

this ride wont make your pain go away dude.

FirstMate Aug 6th, 2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
I hope when they rerelease the back to the future trillogy on some kind of SPECIALER EDITION on blu-ray hd dvd they put the ride videos on it :(

That would actually, be kind of cool. Especially if you've got surround sound and a big screen.

Sucks they're getting rid of it, but its probably about time. Rides that old are bound to be lame by now.

FirstMate Aug 6th, 2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips

That would actually, be kind of cool. Especially if you've got surround sound and a big screen.

Sucks they're getting rid of it, but its probably about time. Rides that old are bound to be lame by now.

stitchfan626 Sep 10th, 2006 05:44 PM

just got an update. after so 2 months of rumors, universal's finally come clean and has confirmed that BTTF will be closing sometime during this month. this can also be confirmed with the Halloween Horror Nights map which has no mention of back to the future being open. other than that, the BTTF store next to the ride has confirmed that it will close on october 1st.

p.s. there's still no word on what will replace BTTF: The Ride despite some rumors of it being replaced by one of three possible things. the fast and the furious , the simpsons, or the transformers.

Fathom Zero Sep 10th, 2006 05:50 PM

Riveting.

pjalne Sep 11th, 2006 07:26 AM

FartinMowler Sep 11th, 2006 07:57 AM

Do they have Amusement Parks in Norway? :/ I imagine hot Blonde woman throwing fish at your car :) as your #1 ride

pjalne Sep 11th, 2006 08:00 AM

We have a couple of troll themed ones.

Your idea sounds better, though.

AChimp Sep 11th, 2006 09:55 AM

This is the worst thing that could have ever happened to amusement parks EVER.

Archduke Tips Sep 11th, 2006 07:03 PM

So who here knows which conglomerate owns Universal?

stitchfan626 Oct 2nd, 2006 06:20 PM

here's an update. altough the unofficial deadline for Back To The Future's closing was supposed to have been yesterday (october 1, 2006). i just got word that the ride's still open. apparently though, the official closing date's still unknown. (keep in mind that even though BTTF's still open, it won't be open for halloween horror nights though.)

Juttin Oct 2nd, 2006 08:17 PM

I wonder if you are the only one who cares >:

Schimid Oct 3rd, 2006 08:15 AM

BTTF was lame as hell. The line complex is intimidating in and of itself, it's five stories high and about eight miles horizontally. The line is huge and granted yeah the video of the Doc is cool (I'm a sucker for cheesy ride set-ups like that. Flight of Fear at King's Dominion used to have it too), the ride just can't stand up to the rest of the ones the park has now.

Kongfrontation had an AWESOME wait line, what with the subway theme and everything, but the ride itself was kind of dated. When I went though the Mummy ride was broke, so I didn't try that.

They'll probably take Jaws out next, only I can't imagine what they'd put there.

stitchfan626 Oct 17th, 2006 04:51 PM

another "still hanging on" update: apparently when i went on friday the 13th , i heard that BTTF was going to close on the 15th but once again, it's still open as of today. (btw, reason why i was there on the 13th was because i had a ticket for halloween horror nights for that night)