I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I'm giving up soda and caffiene :( (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4072)

noob3 Jun 18th, 2003 01:16 PM

I'm giving up soda and caffiene :(

It's going to be hard :( I'm already sleepy and getting a headache :(

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2003 01:19 PM

It's called POP. >:

soundtest Jun 18th, 2003 01:31 PM

Do it man... it's like smoking. After you quit for a week it's so much more satisfying when you have one.

CaptainBubba Jun 18th, 2003 02:23 PM

I haven't had a soda in about 2 years.

As for caffiene, I drink Oolong tea every now and then. :posh

I did an experiment in 9th grade and found out that when mealworms have caffiene in their diets they mature slower, live longer and weigh less.

noob3 Jun 18th, 2003 03:25 PM

Well, I use to eat super-sized, tripple cheese burger meals everyday. With the heaping liter of coke. I'd eat the hugest quanities of the worst food you could imagine. Everyday. And I never weighed more than 190. Also, all my friends who I use to be taller than are now taller than me. So this is all true, unless maturing slowly dosn't equal stunted growth. This is all coming from a vicious caffiene addict. If I don't get my fix I get killer headaches.

:(

Kitty of Doom Jun 18th, 2003 03:32 PM

I used to drink a lot of soda as a kid and I'm only 5' tall. Maybe I drank too much caffiene? Not really though, my parents are pretty short too.

I only drink soda on ocassion now and I don't drink coffee either.

whoreable Jun 18th, 2003 03:41 PM

I heart soft-drinks.

I used to drink like 3 or 4 cokes a day when i was living at home. but now that I have to buy my own, I sometimes dont drink any for weeks.

I think the only side affect to drinking so many soft drinks is that caffine has little affect on keeping me awake. but maybe I am just real good at sleeping.

AChimp Jun 18th, 2003 03:57 PM

Girls are typically short. :(

Kitty of Doom Jun 18th, 2003 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
Girls are typically short. :(

What's so wrong with being short?

noob3 Jun 18th, 2003 04:18 PM

He didn't say anything was wrong with being short

Kitty of Doom Jun 18th, 2003 04:27 PM

I thought the frowning emoticon implied a disatisfaction with short girls. I guess I was jumping to conclusions, sorry.

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2003 04:46 PM

We never use emoticons properly here. :(

noob3 Jun 18th, 2003 04:49 PM

I'm hungry! :sleep

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2003 05:03 PM

Just be sure not to drink any pop (SODA >:).

:orgasm

noob3 Jun 18th, 2003 05:06 PM

What is there to drink besides carbonated, caffinated beverages? Juice sucks with anything salty, as does water and milk. This is really why I drink SODA (>:). Nothing is worse than getting a huge, peperoni/breakfast bacon pizza and having no coke :(

Jixby Phillips Jun 18th, 2003 05:12 PM

That's why I drink soda. :(

Apples wake you up better than coffee.

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2003 05:14 PM

Water :(

Lemonade :(

Kool-Aid :( :(

I'm one of those few people who actually like milk, so I drink that. But most people I know hate milk. :(

Sethomas Jun 18th, 2003 05:36 PM

I'm a coffee conoisseur, so I drink it in absurd quantities. If I have a fair amount of time to prepare breakfast, I'll french press a quart of dark roasted coffee and let it brew for at least ten minutes. A few months ago that would have no effect on me, but after Lent my tolerance was severely decreased. I used to sit down with my homework from 23.00-3.30 and drink two mugs of espresso mixed with hot cocoa mix, and its effect on me would be quite minimal.

Geggy Jun 19th, 2003 01:31 AM

I used to be addicted to caffeine but now once in a while I enjoy a bottle of Dew for some ultimate rush. Banana-pineapple-orange frappe is the best drink if you want to beat the withdrawal symptons.

Black Flag Jun 19th, 2003 01:49 AM

You should drink Yoohoo. I don't think it has caffiene in it.

Les Waste Jun 19th, 2003 02:29 AM

I stopped drinking soda for the most part like a year ago. I still drink it sometimes, but I get so many fucking cavities. Even after I stopped drinking soda. I might as well give in and drink soda all the fucking time, since my teeth are gonna be fucked up whether or not I drink it.

Instead of soda, drink chocolate milk, cause omg it's the best ever :(

Helm Jun 19th, 2003 07:11 AM

Good call if you ask me. I've stopped drinking coffee and alcohol a long time ago (I AM TEH STREITEDGE!!!!111) and as far as I can say, it's been some of the best self-punishment I've achieved so far.

noob3 Jun 19th, 2003 08:08 AM

I went to a burger joint last night. I caved in :(

Dr Pepper :yum

I guess I need to ween off of it, and not just go cold turkey.

Helm Jun 19th, 2003 08:45 AM

But then it will not bother you as much.

Protoclown Jun 19th, 2003 12:08 PM

I tried to swear off of soda and everything too, but I just couldn't do it. Not necessarily because of the caffeine addiction, but because when you go out to a restaurant there is almost nothing else to drink but water, and I drink that all day long at work.

I get tired of juice and stuff. But chocolate milk IS the shit. :love