I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Zomboid Mar 10th, 2012 12:59 PM

I'm watching The Wire again. Just finished season two last night. I remember Milhouse saying something about season two being better on second viewing, and it's true. I think at first go, it was just really jarring that they drastically changed the main characters and setting, and I still liked it, but I was missing some things from the first season. I definitely felt more for the characters this time. Some tragic shit, yo.

kahljorn Mar 10th, 2012 02:17 PM

i was watching that show southland and saw that one dudes nephew on there and was like MAYBE I WILL WATCH THIS NOW.

man i was really surprised what happened to barksdales nephew

Tadao Mar 10th, 2012 06:06 PM

Southland looked lame to me and then I saw that crossed eye bitch Lucy Lu in a commercial and knew I'd never watch it.

Zomboid Mar 11th, 2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 755948)
i was watching that show southland and saw that one dudes nephew on there and was like MAYBE I WILL WATCH THIS NOW.

man i was really surprised what happened to barksdales nephew

D? Honestly, I think he's my favorite character from season one. His whole arc is probably the saddest of the first few seasons, for me.

kahljorn Mar 11th, 2012 12:42 PM

Same. he was definitely one of my favorite characters, although i thought he was going to be around a lot more.
but yea I saw him on southland as a cop and it basically made me want to watch the show

Esuohlim Mar 11th, 2012 03:12 PM

Season 2 was also better for me the second time around because I was already familiar with Ziggy and I didn't get as annoyed with him. I could actually sympathize because you can follow his gradual descent into completely snapping.

kahljorn Mar 11th, 2012 03:27 PM

:lol
poor duck

Zomboid Mar 11th, 2012 03:40 PM

Man, fucking Ziggy. I agree that upon second viewing, you can actually start to see where he's coming from. I've met people with similar personality traits, but obviously not to those extremes. Poor, dumb bastard. I sympathized with Frank this time around, too.

I'm into the Hamsterdam stuff now.

Mad Melvin Mar 11th, 2012 04:19 PM

I have a really hard time deciding which season of The Wire is the best one. After first viewing I would have propably picked season 4 over the others, but after seeing the whole series a few times, I dunno. The only cons (rimshot) I can think of are the first half of season 1, which is kinda slow and the whole serial killer plotline of season 5. Seasons 2-4 are awesome all the way.

Now that I read what I just wrote, I realized there was no point to any of that. The Wire is the best television series that has ever been, so I had to say something.

Zomboid Mar 12th, 2012 12:14 AM

I'd say that season 5 is the weakest, for sure. It's got some good parts, but it's just not as strong as the other ones.

Fathom Zero Mar 12th, 2012 12:23 AM

Someone said "The Wire."

kahljorn Mar 12th, 2012 01:50 AM

i was just watching law and order SUV and he was in it :O

Rongi Mar 14th, 2012 10:09 PM

law and order is like a highschool play compared to the wire >:

kahljorn Mar 14th, 2012 10:10 PM

what does that have to do with omar being in it >: >:

Rongi Mar 14th, 2012 10:11 PM

nothing, i just wanted to state for the record that law and order is bad

kahljorn Mar 14th, 2012 10:15 PM

ive seen some good ones >:

ElPila666 Mar 14th, 2012 11:00 PM

Is The Walking Dead any good? I have the feeling it's Lost with zombies in it, i wonder if it keeps the comic book/romero vibe

All Hail Duke Mar 14th, 2012 11:20 PM

the walking dead is hit and miss

the first season had about 2 good episodes w/ some good bits here and there
the first half of the 2nd season was a whole lot of nothing w/ only good bits at the last few minutes per episode
the 2nd half of the season really picked things up

Tadao Mar 15th, 2012 12:24 AM

I got pissed off watching the 1st season because it started turning into a love triangle soap opera. Then I looked at the comic and it was just as stupid.

Dimnos Mar 17th, 2012 09:28 PM

I think in both they realized it was lame and dropped it. However, In the show Shane is still alive and I'm sure the subject will arise again to cause tension between he and Rick.

Spoilers!

Mad Melvin Mar 18th, 2012 06:07 AM

The whole second season of Walking Dead has been retarded. I hate Rick and all the women with passion. Why does Rick have to say every line like it's the most important thing anyone has ever said, punctuating almost every word and half-whispering to appear deep and tormented? Why are the characters so goddamn stupid and blind? Why do the zombies have magical teleportation powers? Why the hell do I keep watching this? Must be the gore, which is the only saving grace left in this pile of meh.

kahljorn Mar 18th, 2012 12:16 PM

i wish somebody made a movie with zombies tht have teleporting powers

All Hail Duke Mar 18th, 2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 756295)
i wish somebody made a movie with zombies tht have teleporting powers

jason takes manhatten

Tadao Mar 18th, 2012 02:49 PM

While we are talking about shitty shows, has anyone seen that alien one that's in the second season? Oh yeah I remember the name, Falling Skies. I had high hopes that it was watchable, turns out it's Walking Dead with aliens instead of Zombies. :(

kahljorn Mar 18th, 2012 08:06 PM

i watched that fora bit when i was living at my uncles.
it was alright i guess