I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 08:58 PM

This would be a great chance to put Gus's idea of a court room into action.

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 09:23 PM

WTH? They're closing the brothels in Beijing for the Olympics?

Damn communism, always hating on small businesses.

Dr. Boogie Mar 27th, 2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 542756)
Okay, but who have we actually permanently banned over secret santa yet? When I say we don't specify the consequences, what I really mean is that we don't say what we actually mean. I inferred that in the post, but I know you're just being a difficult young man.

Darklycan, Noob3, and Jixby have been permanently banned over Secret Santa.

And you wrote up the rules, so their being permanently banned is partly your fault. :)


Seriously, though, what Gadzooks said about reducing the penalty for screwing up next year is fine by me. I'm just not in favor of retroactively reducing the penalty.

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 09:29 PM

I think you just like being a big party pooper, mister

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 09:34 PM

Can we make a rule about it being a perma-ban worthy offense to circumvent a ban by pretending to be a woman?

& then apply that shit retroactively.

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 542777)
Can we make a rule about it being a perma-ban worthy offense to circumvent a ban by pretending to be a woman?

& then apply that shit retroactively.

OH WAIT! NEVERMIND! THAT WOULD BE A TERRIBLE IDEA!


i just remembered that i did that one time

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 09:40 PM

to be fair, the reason I was permabanned as Father Spaz was for being an annoying prat, and judging from Dr. Boogie's unbanning of Zomboid he doesn't really consider that a serious offense.

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 09:43 PM

I'd rather have ten Zomboids (who I like, except when he's buttfucking you in every thread) than another Father Spaz. I really hated that guy.

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 09:44 PM

;D

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542779)
to be fair, the reason I was permabanned as Father Spaz was for being an annoying prat, and judging from Dr. Boogie's unbanning of Zomboid he doesn't really consider that a serious offense.

You do a little dance and then you drink a little water.

bigtimecow Mar 27th, 2008 09:47 PM

i had no idea you were father spaz :<

i feel so duped

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 09:48 PM

This is the part where I'd normally post a hilarious and relevant picture of a certain pokemon noted for his slowness, but the INTERNET GESTAPO is watching and I'd probably get in trouble.

bigtimecow Mar 27th, 2008 09:49 PM

jesus christ, you and your 4chan

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 09:50 PM

it's a well known fact that they invented pokemon, as well as CD-i zelda games and the ability to post pictures on the internet

bigtimecow Mar 27th, 2008 09:54 PM

if you were to tell me that you came up with the idea to post a picture of slowpoke on your own, then you would be a fucking liar

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 09:57 PM

I was using that to lead into my actual point, fuckface

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 10:02 PM

Rereading my female account's "Hi, I'm New!" thread reminds me how fun it was pretending to be a girl.

Still, it was only one day's worth of fun, not a year.

bigtimecow Mar 27th, 2008 10:04 PM

now i'm a fuckface :(

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 10:04 PM

>:

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 10:14 PM

Ok, I'm pretending to be a girl on an online game and I have hooked a 17 year old frenchy. I said my name is ugly and after some resistance I told him that it is Gertrude. He wants my hotmail addy now :D What should I use as a hotmail addy? and what should my last name be? Give me an ugly last name. I said that I am pretty and way to skinny so some pics would be welcome.

bigtimecow Mar 27th, 2008 10:22 PM

gertrude nedermier

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542784)
It's a well known fact that they invented pokemon, as well as CD-i zelda games and the ability to post pictures on the internet

It's not the content that's annoying (I don't think anyone would say that those CD-I games are not funny). It's the constant regurgitation of them until it's not funny anymore is what makes it (and you and 4chan) annoying (not to mention the anime porn).

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 358251)
AND NO I AM NOT A PUB LOVER CHARACTER, OTHER PEOPLE CAN USE BIG WORDS TOO

I used to use long words? Haha, Fartin, you crazy fool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 372501)
Guitar Woman did sent me her picture over PM and I regret to inform that she is indeed pretty :<

:lol

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 10:31 PM

ok, but now I'm under the general impression that any pictures I post will be written off as MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES, which is bullshit

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 10:31 PM

I mean, did 4chan invent Deus Ex, too?

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 10:32 PM

I use to have an account at a stupid music site that keeps track of what you listen to on your computer. And it makes a list of people that have similar taste. One of them was a person from the UK that GUITAR WOMAN once used has a picture of her girlsona. This was after the whole major outting though.

Girl Drink Drunk Mar 27th, 2008 10:33 PM

Hey Chojin, when you discovered the truth, was it not unlike that part in Ace Ventura where he burned his clothes and induced vomiting?

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542799)
ok, but now I'm under the general impression that any pictures I post will be written off as MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES, which is bullshit

Try adding some words to the post, maybe?

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 10:34 PM

Part of me thinks he knew all along and was just waiting for the right moment :<

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 542804)
Try adding some words to the post, maybe?

I don't think that'd change anything, but ok

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542799)
ok, but now I'm under the general impression that any pictures I post will be written off as MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES, which is bullshit


Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 10:37 PM

I had no idea then that I'd turn out to be the pretty young man I am today!

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 10:41 PM

[GW'S SERIOUS HOMO PROBLEMS PICTURE]

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542799)
ok, but now I'm under the general impression that any pictures I post will be written off as MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES, which is bullshit

You built this house, quit crying about it.

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 401557)
Yeah, but the main reason that people here are widely hated and not welcome is that they're really, really, really stupid and therefore don't realize that nobody likes them.

It would be kind of sad, but for the fact that they're all incredibly annoying and generic interweb faggots.

constructive comment.

Zomboid Mar 27th, 2008 10:51 PM

For the secret santa thing - I always kind of thought it was bullshit that ojb wasn't banned or anything for fucking up that one year. I didn't post my pictures until like february the first year, which was also kind of shitty for everyone else. But I guess it was the first year and WE ALL LEARNED FROM IT.

I'm fine with the way it is now though. I thought jixby was one of the few funny people left on the forums, but I like that the rules are actually being stuck to for once. It sucks, but boogie's right; everyone knew the rules when they signed up.

Chojin Mar 27th, 2008 10:55 PM

So back on the topic I was talking about!

Boogie, those are all people we banned this year, who have been banned for about 3 months now. Everyone of note that was banned from previous santas has been unbanned. This is my point.

I think it's a shame we should lose members that have been with us for years and years over secret santa presents, of all things. I don't see why we shouldn't bring them back and change the rules to reflect this new policy.

So, I'll ask again - what is the point of permanently banning people over secret santa? The threat clearly doesn't stop people. Does anyone think that if the ban was for six or three months that more people would sign up and not send out gifts? Is it really as grievous an offense as hijacking someone's account or filling the boards with dickgirl porn?

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 10:57 PM

Serious topics in my thread? :rolleyes

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 542796)
gertrude nedermier

gertrude_nedermier@hotmail.com

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 542831)

>:

Chojin Mar 27th, 2008 11:06 PM

You need to move on, pub. The edit button sure has.

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 11:13 PM

I'm kinda secretly glad I don't have it. It's an excuse.

I'm not sure why I lost it though. :confused

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover
I'm kinda secretly glad I don't have it.

I guess it's not a secret anymore. :lol

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 11:33 PM

Pub, did you msn me?

Girl Drink Drunk Mar 27th, 2008 11:36 PM


Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 11:38 PM

Yeah, I like hitting on girls that are secretly guys. It's way less scary than talking to real girls. :chatter

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 11:38 PM

I'm the hottest

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542855)
I'm the hottest

Lets see a full body shot.

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 11:40 PM

Get me some 37 year old hotty girl pics

Dr. Boogie Mar 28th, 2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 542820)
So, I'll ask again - what is the point of permanently banning people over secret santa? The threat clearly doesn't stop people. Does anyone think that if the ban was for six or three months that more people would sign up and not send out gifts? Is it really as grievous an offense as hijacking someone's account or filling the boards with dickgirl porn?

You say the threat of a permanent ban doesn't stop people. No, it doesn't. Technically, the only way to stop people from screwing it up is to not let them participate at all. Once they're in, they can choose not to follow through if they want. But this is all beside the point.

The point is that you yourself set down the rules for this, and now you want to go back on them. I think you put down the perma-ban remark in the hopes that it would deter casual posters and newbies alike from joining in just to fuck things up, without ever intending to follow through with it. And why not? As you pointed out, there certainly was a precedent for ignoring the people who fucked up.

But last year, we had some people who didn't post shit, and they just happened to be vets. These were people you'd expect to follow through with a board event (and Noob3), but they didn't for one reason or another. And I was cool with that, for a long while. But eventually, I felt like we should enforce the rules, and I wanted it to apply to all the offenders, with no special treatment for the vets.


As for why people from previous years weren't banned, I have no answer for that, apart from that responsibility for banning them should have fallen on whoever was running the event that year. If you want, we can go back and ban all those people.

Fathom Zero Mar 28th, 2008 12:12 AM

LAYING DOWN THE LAW

Guitar Woman Mar 28th, 2008 12:13 AM

Why, Boogie, I thought you were opposed to that sort of retroactive law enforcement.

Pub Lover Mar 28th, 2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542879)
Why, Boogie, I thought you were opposed to that sort of retroactive law enforcement.

What does retroactive mean, GW?

Pub Lover Mar 28th, 2008 12:21 AM

Cop: YOU COMMITED A CRIME! IMMA ARRESTING YOU!
Criminal: Nah, I commited that crime ages ago.
Cop: Oh, ok. Have fun not getting punished.
Pub: What is a statute of limitations?
Cop: RODNEY KING TIME!

Guitar Woman Mar 28th, 2008 12:21 AM

retro, meaning backwards, and active, meaning adslkjfdskjfdsakjfdsa;lkjfdsa

Dr. Boogie Mar 28th, 2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542879)
Why, Boogie, I thought you were opposed to that sort of retroactive law enforcement.

Oh dear me! Did I say that? Or did I say I was against the retroactive reduction of a penalty? I know it was one of those two, but I'm getting so forgetful in my old age.

GADZOOKS Mar 28th, 2008 12:32 AM

Now that this has been settled, can we lock this thread?

executioneer Mar 28th, 2008 12:32 AM

i thought this website was for all KINDS of retro stuff

WhiteRat Mar 28th, 2008 12:32 AM


Chojin Mar 28th, 2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 542875)
The point is that you yourself set down the rules for this, and now you want to go back on them. I think you put down the perma-ban remark in the hopes that it would deter casual posters and newbies alike from joining in just to fuck things up, without ever intending to follow through with it. And why not? As you pointed out, there certainly was a precedent for ignoring the people who fucked up.

But last year, we had some people who didn't post shit, and they just happened to be vets. These were people you'd expect to follow through with a board event (and Noob3), but they didn't for one reason or another. And I was cool with that, for a long while. But eventually, I felt like we should enforce the rules, and I wanted it to apply to all the offenders, with no special treatment for the vets.

As for why people from previous years weren't banned, I have no answer for that, apart from that responsibility for banning them should have fallen on whoever was running the event that year. If you want, we can go back and ban all those people.

Yes, in my infinite wisdom at the age of 21 or whatever I certainly did lay down the law.

You are not giving me any reasons why we shouldn't change things.

You should probably try answering the question I asked if you want a serious response.

But not before getting me a coffee.

Guitar Woman Mar 28th, 2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Oh dear me! Did I say that? Or did I say I was against the retroactive reduction of a penalty? I know it was one of those two, but I'm getting so forgetful in my old age.
Ok, but it's still a little unfair to permaban a bunch of people and then go LOL WHOOPS WE CHANGED DA ROOLZ BUT UH YOU GUYS ARE STILL SHAFTED, while fuckups from past years are still off the hook. All y'all are changing this right after the fact, too, which might also weigh in as a little bit mean if you don't give the CRIMINALS IN QUESTION pardons.

Basically, I think that if the rules are changed, the administration should be required to do one of two things:

1. Go back through the history books and find everyone who broke the secret santa rules, and then ban them (emotionless robot option)

or

2. Unban everyone from 2007 and just forget the entire thing ever happened. Mabye give them a temporary penalty, blacklist them in future events, whatever.



But then again, I'm not part of the forum's staff, so you do what you want.

Chojin Mar 28th, 2008 12:41 AM

The decision isn't even up to me, I'm just trying to get a dialog going on it.

On the one hand, the chat thread doesn't seem like the smartest venue for that, but judging from the response I've gotten so far, it was going to end up here anyway.

Pub Lover Mar 28th, 2008 12:41 AM

SERIOUS CHAT IN THE SERIOUS CHATROOM.

Fathom Zero Mar 28th, 2008 12:43 AM

I don't care, Secret Santa was still a blast even if there wasn't any castle (which now resides in my sister's room, she uses it constantly!) Thanks again, Rog. You bring families



together

By the way, it's March in case no one noticed.

Zomboid Mar 28th, 2008 12:43 AM

lol!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with leaving the banned people banned and just revising the rules for future events?

Guitar Woman Mar 28th, 2008 12:45 AM

Because Jixby and Noob3 are the dead men.

I'm not going to lie, if it were Zomboid or someone else I don't agree with, I wouldn't care.

Chojin Mar 28th, 2008 12:45 AM

Well, the first question to answer is whether or not we should change the rules at all.

We aren't there yet.

Esuohlim Mar 28th, 2008 12:46 AM

I say we unban Jixby and noob3 anyway because let's face it, no matter how cautious we're trying to be at sidestepping the whole favoritism issue here that's the whole reason they'll be unbanned anyway. In the mean time we're only trying to tweak the rules so that it makes it look like that's not the reason, so we're only kidding ourselves anyway. Who cares?

I mean if AznSk8r69 and BunnyGrrrrlPromQueen1111111 were banned instead nobody would give a shit and the issue wouldn't even be raised in the first place.

GADZOOKS Mar 28th, 2008 12:48 AM

my problem is there is a bigger difference between not sending a gift and just not posting pictures. One's a little rude and lazy, the other is practically stealing and ruins the real point of a secret santa in the first place.

Once again, talking about the future

Esuohlim Mar 28th, 2008 12:49 AM

But yeah I still 100% agree with GADZOOKS on this

Fathom Zero Mar 28th, 2008 12:54 AM

I'm behind whoever wins.

Chojin Mar 28th, 2008 12:55 AM

Gadzooks raises a good point - Jixby did send a gift and posted his video a month too late, Noob didn't send out anything and lied about it when asked.

Though when Noob came back, he asked if I had mattjack's address and I told him to ask rog instead. So maybe the rule should be that they're banned until a month after they send their gifts and put their pictures online.

Dr. Boogie Mar 28th, 2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 542893)
You should probably try answering the question I asked if you want a serious response.

I'm saying you can change any rules you want... for the next Secret Santa.

But I'm sorry if I buried the lead in my previous post. Let me restate it as plainly as I possibly can:


Q: what is the point of permanently banning people over secret santa?

A: The point of the banning is that it was part of the official rules.


If people don't want perma-bans any more, go ahead and leave them out of next Secret Santa. But I am not in favor of changing a past ruling just because some people like the ones who were banned.

Chojin Mar 28th, 2008 01:02 AM

I don't understand why it's imperative that we follow the rules to the letter this time, when it's clear that we've never done it before.

Should we go back and ban glowbelly? Or is that different because she has your phone number?

WhiteRat Mar 28th, 2008 01:04 AM

Maybe because the rules need to be enforced eventually. Or you could just abolish all of the rules and let total Anarchy rule this place.

Pub Lover Mar 28th, 2008 01:08 AM

The only reason we have rules here is so we don't have to argue with every idiot that doesn't want to act civil. We tap the rules pointedly with one hand & smash the ban button with the other.

GADZOOKS Mar 28th, 2008 01:09 AM

I think Chojin was saying if they eventually make ammends for their mistakes (Jixby making a video, Noob3 sending a present, darkyclan doing whatever he/she needs to do) that they should get the same treatment that the new rules enforce. It's not like this message board is a geinuine government. We can make appeals.

Or not, GADZOOKS can't be right all the time.

Dr. Boogie Mar 28th, 2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 542916)
Should we go back and ban glowbelly? Or is that different because she has your phone number?

I don't think she does, and if she wants to prove me wrong, tell her to call that number and leave a really dirty message. And be sure to have her mention my address in the message too. That'll scare some people.

Chojin Mar 28th, 2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 542919)
The only reason we have rules here is so we don't have to argue with every idiot that doesn't want to act civil. We tap the rules pointedly with one hand & smash the ban button with the other.

This is pretty much ripped directly from my brain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadzooks
I think Chojin was saying if they eventually make ammends for their mistakes (Jixby making a video, Noob3 sending a present, darkyclan doing whatever he/she needs to do) that they should get the same treatment that the new rules enforce. It's not like this message board is a geinuine government.

That too.

GADZOOKS Mar 28th, 2008 01:12 AM

Granted, if this was Guitar Woman who was banned for Secret Santa shit I would be overwhelmingly siding with Boogie. I'm too biased to discuss this furthur.

Guitar Woman Mar 28th, 2008 01:13 AM

I like how I said everything you guys are saying first, jerks

Dr. Boogie Mar 28th, 2008 01:14 AM

Exactly. The bias is the whole reason this discussion is taking place. Which is why I'm against retroactively changing the rules.

Chojin Mar 28th, 2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 542924)
tell her to call that number and leave a really dirty message. And be sure to have her mention my address in the message too. That'll scare some people.

I'll make sure her kid is crying in the background, too.

Dr. Boogie Mar 28th, 2008 01:18 AM

And have her mention that she'll be visiting again soon.

Chojin Mar 28th, 2008 01:19 AM

Also, I had no idea you were such a fan of my rules.

I could get them printed on a baseball and sign it for you, if you like.

Dr. Boogie Mar 28th, 2008 01:24 AM

Please put them on a basketball. Baseball is boring.

GADZOOKS Mar 28th, 2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 542890)
Now that this has been settled, can we lock this thread?

I wasn't kidding about this.

Tadao Mar 28th, 2008 01:29 AM

Yes, we know how you voted.
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69698622

Guitar Woman Mar 28th, 2008 01:33 AM

I really like how I acutally had 3 votes for "Keep it"

but shh

Pub Lover Mar 28th, 2008 01:37 AM

I want to change my vote.

GADZOOKS Mar 28th, 2008 01:43 AM

At the very least move it to some gayups subforum where no one can see. We should have a gayups/hall of shame forum.

Also PubLover, if you decide to spend your life on this forum I'll be glad to trade my boring Northern Illnois lifestyle to get some New Zealand fun and sun.


Esuohlim Mar 28th, 2008 03:09 AM

Word up man let's go listen to some Boy George

executioneer Mar 28th, 2008 03:29 AM

no way i'm listening to kenny rogers instead

ElPila666 Mar 28th, 2008 07:49 AM

i won at being awake all night long, GW couldn't defeat me cause she went to school or something :lol

Guitar Woman Mar 28th, 2008 07:50 AM

what's that, faggot

ElPila666 Mar 28th, 2008 07:51 AM

Oh shit :(

Guitar Woman Mar 28th, 2008 07:52 AM

I went to go make a pizza but if I knew this was a CONTEST I wouldn't have been so careless

ElPila666 Mar 28th, 2008 08:02 AM

I thought vampires couldn' t being awake at daylight

ElPila666 Mar 28th, 2008 08:11 AM

I have to go to sleep, maybe i'll challenge you again soon, adios vampiro

WhiteRat Mar 28th, 2008 08:12 AM


Misdemonar Mar 28th, 2008 09:37 AM

what the fuck


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.