I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I'm gonna get a puppy dudes and dudettes (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25677)

Black Flag Apr 7th, 2007 09:27 PM

I'm gonna get a puppy dudes and dudettes

i'm moving to a new apartment that'll let me get pets now so i'm gonna get a dog

right now it's looking like i'll probably get an english springer spaniel cause all the other breeds i'd want are either too big for our place or crazy rare and expensive

i won't be able to get the puppy until the end of may atleast though so i'll make this the official thread for keeping up on all my puppy updates!

feel free to share any suggestions on what kind of puppy i should get or anything as long as it's not stupid

Cliff Steele Apr 7th, 2007 11:00 PM

man i got a cairn terrier a couple of months ago and am very pleased with the results! he was only like 250 which is pretty cheap in dog money

executioneer Apr 8th, 2007 12:14 AM

get a mutt dang it >:

or a boston terrier i guess idk

Mockery Apr 8th, 2007 12:56 AM

Get a Weiner dog or a Scottish terrier. Otherwise, get a cat.

DeadKennedys Apr 8th, 2007 01:51 AM

Yeah, seriously, get a mutt

Fathom Zero Apr 8th, 2007 01:56 AM

Be a man and get a basset hound.

Jixby Phillips Apr 8th, 2007 02:26 AM

carin terriers are hell of good ;_;

I had two of them, one croaked from lung cancer a few years ago

They are extremely adorable and loyal and well-behaved and nice!

Zomboid Apr 8th, 2007 05:56 AM

I have a german shepperd-black lab cross that is very loyal and fun, but she sheds and it's annoying having a dog follow you into the bathroom.

My sister has a weird cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle or something that is small, pretty smart and he doesn't shed, but he's kind of annoying and high maintenance.

You should get something along the lines of the latter though, because dogs that shed piss a lot of people off and smaller dogs are often easier to take care of.

Black Flag Apr 8th, 2007 11:28 AM

man, why do you guys all like little dogs? i want a dog i can do stuff with.

fathom i told my girlfriend we should get a basset hound but she's not a fan of their constant farting, stinking and drooling

from everything i hear cairn terriers make really good companions but they're not the best dogs to go out and play with, which is important cause i'm used to having a lab

also, mr. mockery, i will never EVER have a wiener dog. they're the most annoying, little, mean jerks in the universe

sloth Apr 8th, 2007 12:06 PM

staffies are fun dogs. they're great around people and really playful. i remember a mate used to properly wrestle his staffy, but it was the most harmless dog in the world. they can get aggressive around other animals but with a lot of people theyve just got a bad rep, cause idiots think they're 'hard dogs'.

ArrowX Apr 8th, 2007 01:07 PM

get a mutt from the pound age isn't a factor.

executioneer Apr 8th, 2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Flag (Post 486550)
man, why do you guys all like little dogs? i want a dog i can do stuff with.

i think people are confuse by the "not too big for my place" thing :(

executioneer Apr 8th, 2007 01:34 PM

fyi the best dog i know is a rottweiler/ boston terrier cross, not too big, not too small, super smart and tons of energy

Black Flag Apr 8th, 2007 01:38 PM

well i think a dog over like 60 pounds would be too big but other than that we're alright. it's a small rental house with a yard next to a lake so it's not like i can't have an active dog or anything cause i'm in some tiny studio apartment or something it's just i can't get a mastiff or some crazy dog that needs 3 acres of space to be happy

also arrowx i don't need you telling me what is and is not a factor, dude

executioneer Apr 8th, 2007 01:43 PM

ps if you get an australian shepherd make sure you get one that isn't batshit insane

Black Flag Apr 8th, 2007 01:44 PM

my girlfriend wants to get a miniature australian shepherd!

willie, i think that is good advice for any breed of dog!

Lenor Apr 8th, 2007 01:56 PM

Sean, to bad you couldn't get one of those you wanted.

I still say to go with an Alaskan Husky, or my favorite The Dread Dog. heh

DeadKennedys Apr 8th, 2007 02:10 PM

I'm not really sure what my dog is, but he's got the looks of a husky and the howl and mannerisms of a hound. He's about 5-6 months now, and he's coming up on 60 pounds, he's about greyhound size atm.

I like tough dogs like this cause they just want to be your buddy, plus you can wrestle with them (he really loves getting the People's Elbow), and you can teach them to shake hands and fetch and stuff like that.

Lenor, it's an Alaskan Malamute, and a Siberian Husky.

And Zomboid, that's a "Cockapoo." Yeah :( People will pay out the ass for expensive mutts like this

Cliff Steele Apr 8th, 2007 07:20 PM

man i don't know who you are hearing that from cuz this dog loves to play

arg_zombies Apr 8th, 2007 07:31 PM

Dude, whatever you get, DON'T GET A BOXER.
They don't mature until they're 6 years old, and they give you bruises, lots of them!
And they're so fucking expensive (but my mum's boyfriend just HAD to have one, a £750 one!!!!).

They're really cool when you have them though :lol

MattJack Apr 8th, 2007 07:33 PM

I've grown up with Boxers my whole life and I will never buy a different type of dog.

My family always had Boxers, and yeah the males can grow to be 60-90 pounds, but the females are generally under 60 pounds. They are the best dogs in the world (considering I'm completely bias), full of energy, smart, never ever will turn on you, great with people, great for home land security, and they are a good looking dog.

However, since you will be in an apartment then you would have to take them to the park or go outside constantly. It would just be an injustice to the dog if you didn't :(.

Also, my advice would be don't get a solid white one. They typically have a 15-35% better chance of getting some type of disease or problem later in life, and also more times than not they are pretty crazy. My family has a white one in the pack now and I love his ass, but he is completely crazy. I met a gentleman that has one that he says, "Looks exactly like my dog, and he acts just as crazy." He's still a good dog though, just mildly retarded.

That's my two cents. :\

MattJack Apr 8th, 2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arg_zombies (Post 486626)
Dude, whatever you get, DON'T GET A BOXER.
They don't mature until they're 6 years old, and they give you bruises, lots of them!
And they're so fucking expensive (but my mum's boyfriend just HAD to have one, a £750 one!!!!).

They're really cool when you have them though :lol

YOU SON OF A BITCH

YOU SON OF A BITCH

Fathom Zero Apr 8th, 2007 07:34 PM

Awwww.

Hey Black Flag, tell your girlfriend that she's getting a basset hound or she's getting no sex from you. That'll pull her over. Trust me. ;)

GADZOOKS Apr 8th, 2007 08:01 PM

Don't get Malamute, those dog need a lot of room to roam!

Get a jack russel terrier, they are adorable but they are kind of retards (my dog Charlie is at least, well it's my SISTER's dog :rolleyes)

JUST KIDDING, that's not me!

You should go with the English springer spaniel, at least they don't look like flat faced monsters like everyone else's suggestions. If you can get a Newfoundland you should, incredibly nice and playful dogs yet they can get really big.

Fathom Zero Apr 8th, 2007 08:12 PM

I have a great dane/boxer mix and he's lived a VERY long time for his size and breed. He's a very nice dog.

The biggest thing, though, is that if you and your dog are ever around kids, make sure that it's not a small dog because they tend to be threatened easier and a bit more hostile. Larger dogs couldn't care less.