I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dr. Octogonopus Mar 2nd, 2008 10:35 PM

Yeah, I finally randomly found a SAW and basically ran around screaming and firing and throwing grenades until I somehow survived long enough. I really didn't think it would work, I was just pissed off.

BlackHexen Mar 4th, 2008 04:38 PM

I'm playing three games now. Everyone is cool and awesome:

Klonoa. Cutest game ever with Katamari series. Old school platformers are good.
Tomba2. Platformer and console RPG mixed together. I like this a lot. Zippo is my best friend.

And 3. is one of the best games ever: mAX pAYNE 2. I have never played better action game. Graphic style, good music and good plot with coolest fighting ever. Attitude is melancolic and individualist. More this kind of games. If someone can say more games like this, i'm thankful. AND MAX PAYNE IS FINNISH YEAH ALLRIGTH YEAH!!!!

executioneer Mar 4th, 2008 04:57 PM

i'll finnish YOU >:

Zomboid Mar 4th, 2008 05:14 PM

I'm playing resident evil 4 again.

ElPila666 Mar 4th, 2008 05:14 PM

The Punisher remains me Max Payne, maybe you should try that one, also there are the Hitman series but they just more stealth than the others. i still have to try the last Shyphon Filters they were fine at the psone, i really miss Gabe Logan

Dr. Octogonopus Mar 4th, 2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHexen (Post 536197)
I'm playing three games now. Everyone is cool and awesome:

Klonoa. Cutest game ever with Katamari series. Old school platformers are good.
Tomba2. Platformer and console RPG mixed together. I like this a lot. Zippo is my best friend.

And 3. is one of the best games ever: mAX pAYNE 2. I have never played better action game. Graphic style, good music and good plot with coolest fighting ever. Attitude is melancolic and individualist. More this kind of games. If someone can say more games like this, i'm thankful. AND MAX PAYNE IS FINNISH YEAH ALLRIGTH YEAH!!!!

dude, i freaking loved klonoa, until it sold out like sonic did.

liquidstatik Mar 4th, 2008 08:42 PM

CHRONO TIGGERRR, and its HARD ;_;

executioneer Mar 4th, 2008 10:10 PM

chrono tiger hahah

Guitar Woman Mar 4th, 2008 11:31 PM

Esuohlim Mar 4th, 2008 11:48 PM

I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine again :]

I've been playing nothing but Mario games since September :(

liquidstatik Mar 4th, 2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 536264)
chrono tiger hahah

whooops forgot the r!

executioneer Mar 5th, 2008 01:32 AM

right now i'm trying to get OMIKRON: The Nomad Soul running, but i have run into some snags

snag #1: it has got oldfashioned cd copy protection, that was designed for win 98 and therefore CAN NOT SEE THE DISC WHATSOEVER. fixd by using a nocd crack.

snag #2: tries to display the eidos logo and crashes to desktop- i hear the sound for about a half second, but see nothing. i have tried all sorts of combinations of compatibility modes/etc, atm i am downloading new gfx card drivers to see if that helps (probly not though, since it does it in software accelerated mode too)

edit: of course it isn't even trying to do 3d at that point, so who knows

executioneer Mar 5th, 2008 02:03 AM

well new drivers did not help, but replacing the three .mpgs in the FLI directory with empty txt files with the same name and extension DID :eek

liquidstatik Mar 5th, 2008 02:13 AM

hahaha, nice. :o

executioneer Mar 5th, 2008 04:19 AM

unfortunately, i don't think i can do anything about the last problem: this game sucks

it's got resident evil tank-style controls for the non-combat parts, and in order to save you have to collect "magic rings" (cough cough ink ribbons) and there's a limited number of them and you also can use them to buy hints when you're stuck, so what inevitably happens is in the sake of being frugal i will not save when i really should and then get killed/the game crashes and i have to restart (THIS JUST HAPPENED BTW)

although the story IS interesting, and i think i've actually gotten farther this time, the interface and mechanics are just so off-putting

maybe if i had it for DC and could feel more secure that it's not gonna crash (and so that the shit control scheme could be justified) i'd be enjoying it more, idk

oh ps for some reason when you're in the inventory screen it gets incredibly unresponsive, sometimes you have to push a button two or three times before it responds

Guitar Woman Mar 5th, 2008 11:04 AM

I was always able to save without gathering the magic rings, sort of like how in Tomb Raider 3 it says you have to gather Save Crystals to record your progress, but you really don't.

I could be wrong, it's been forevereverever since I've played. :(

I've never had problems with tank controls in any game, either, but I guess that's a big issue for some people

executioneer Mar 5th, 2008 02:42 PM

well on the pc when i can't use a controller, it just seems more annoying

it's really the most minor of my complaints

oh btw it wouldn't let me use my gamepad for whatever reason

bigtimecow Mar 5th, 2008 02:46 PM

i just started playing the incredible machine :O

edit: again

Dr. Octogonopus Mar 5th, 2008 05:58 PM

GW, I freaking loved JSR. Especially JSRfuture. One of the few games that involved roller skates, graffiti, and LSD I will ever like.

Girl Drink Drunk Mar 5th, 2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 536279)

That screenshot looks pretty gay :O

Girl Drink Drunk Mar 5th, 2008 06:41 PM

I'm playing The Tick on a Genesis emulator.

stitchfan626 Mar 5th, 2008 07:08 PM

i'm playing endless ocean (i know, it's a relaxingly addictive scuba diving sim, but this will do until SSBB comes out).

Symphony of the Belmonts Mar 7th, 2008 11:07 PM

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

WhiteRat Mar 8th, 2008 08:43 AM

Daytona USA 2001 for Dreamcast. I'm thoroughly enjoying the awesome soundtrack.

Karmapolice Mar 8th, 2008 09:50 AM

W40k: Dawn of War