I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 542677)
It happened since before I signed up.

You guys are gay.

It would be cool if you kept unrelated items on separate lines, it helps reduce confusion in shithead noobshits, you shit. SHIT.

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 04:48 PM

Oh fuck you page break. >:

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 04:49 PM

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 542678)
I don't want to make a thread about this:

We don't really have a system in place that details exactly what happens to secret santa misfits. What do you guys propose?

Here's what it states: You will be banned and not allowed to participate in future events.

What actually happens: You will be banned a month after the fact, put on the event blacklist group, and then sometime 3+ months later, an admin who doesn't know the particulars of the issue will unban you when you ask them to.

So, what should the rules really be?

I only read tha last page of this thread, so I'll quote Chojin.

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 542679)
It would be cool if you kept unrelated items on separate lines, it helps reduce confusion in shithead noobshits, you shit. SHIT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 542680)
Oh fuck you page break. >:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 542681)

<3

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

I don't want to make a thread about this:

We don't really have a system in place that details exactly what happens to secret santa misfits. What do you guys propose?

Here's what it states: You will be banned and not allowed to participate in future events.

What actually happens: You will be banned a month after the fact, put on the event blacklist group, and then sometime 3+ months later, an admin who doesn't know the particulars of the issue will unban you when you ask them to.

So, what should the rules really be?

People who don't post pictures are banned until they do so. People who don't send gifts go to hell forever (without a resonable excuse) and have a signature that says so.

how's that?

Dr. Boogie Mar 27th, 2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

We don't really have a system in place that details exactly what happens to secret santa misfits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
By signing, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
· Signing represents a contract. If you fail to uphold your end of the contract, you will be permanently banned from the forums, and possibly tracked down and sodomized.

In case anyone was wondering the punishment for Secret Santa screwups.

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 542688)
People who don't post pictures are banned until they do so. People who don't send gifts go to hell forever (without a resonable excuse) and have a signature that says so.

how's that?

;_;

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 05:31 PM

I think the Secret Santa punishment is a little harsh, personally

Fathom Zero Mar 27th, 2008 05:42 PM

Next year, I'm fine if I don't get a present.

Esuohlim Mar 27th, 2008 05:44 PM

I agree with GADZOOKS in that people who don't send gifts get permanently banned with no excuses, but people who didn't actually rip anyone off but didn't provide photos/video in a timely manner will get banned until they do provide photos/video.

That seems a lot more reasonable since the current punishment is perfectly fine for one case yet a little too severe for the other case.

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 05:48 PM

Guys, for some reason some guy named Tadao is mad at me for giving him a fake INFRACTION. I, however, am humorless and without Jixby I ask you how to own this guy.

I already used my "old" card and I did the "depressing/dumb" bit, and I quite don't want to throw out the low blow that is "meth addict" quite just yet.

Please hurry, vets must stick together!

Esuohlim Mar 27th, 2008 05:49 PM

Tell him to go fly a kite!

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 05:50 PM

No, I'm not mad at you. I just see weakness in you.

Sam Mar 27th, 2008 05:50 PM

I told him to pull out the meth addict thing first. :(

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 05:50 PM

lol, thanks milhouse :)

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2008 05:50 PM

is this what it's like when I get in a pissing contest with Zomboid

Fathom Zero Mar 27th, 2008 05:51 PM

I SEE WEAKNESS IN YOUR ASS

:HIGHFIVE

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 542715)
No, I'm not mad at you. I just see weakness in you.

I'm weak when I'm bored to death. THANKS! :lol

Tadao Mar 27th, 2008 05:51 PM

Haha Gw thinks it's witty.

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 05:52 PM

can we move that thread into here, because I don't want the new people to see how weak I am

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 06:01 PM

whoops I better edit that with this

Dr. Boogie Mar 27th, 2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 542700)
I think the Secret Santa punishment is a little harsh, personally

No one who signed up did, else they wouldn't have signed up for it in the first place.

Chojin Mar 27th, 2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 542689)
In case anyone was wondering the punishment for Secret Santa screwups.

Okay, but who have we actually permanently banned over secret santa yet? When I say we don't specify the consequences, what I really mean is that we don't say what we actually mean. I inferred that in the post, but I know you're just being a difficult young man.

The fact is that it's extremely shitty to not hold up your end of the bargain, but people who are interesting on a forum don't necessarily have to be responsible people. These people are going to enter secret santa either way, so does it really make sense for us to ban them for infinity and beyond if they're still cool people, just not tremendously trustworthy people?

It seems to me that as i-mockery's part of the bargain, it's up to the site to provide for people that get shafted - stickers, tees, whatever. Beyond that, I feel the offenders should be banned for a little bit as punishment and certainly shouldn't be allowed to enter any events again, but I don't understand what a permanent ban is supposed to accomplish beyond a ban with an expiration date. They're already never going to do it again - that's why we have the event blacklist.

Furthermore, I'm the guy that originally drafted the rules for secret santa. I'm just saying that we should probably review whether the rules still make sense.

GADZOOKS Mar 27th, 2008 07:55 PM

I know I'm defending my gay boyfriend again who I am nothing with, but Jixby during that two month span was probably online twice and spent most his time dealing with outside issues. He actually did make a video (not the one that was posted) but couldn't get the editing software to work with his new computer. I know life is tough for everyone, no one else had a problem, but I think Jixby has too many high expectations after his 2006 videos that he didn't have the time to put into the effort he did back then and it probably would of been more dissapointing (at least for him) to just post pictures to save himself from being banned.

If its too bad for him, I'm fine with that. I'm just saying next year they should be adjusted a tad.