I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Krythor Jul 17th, 2009 06:55 PM

Did you ever start watching The Wire Milhouse? It is my favourite show!

Babs Jul 18th, 2009 02:05 AM

The Office and Tim and Eric: Awesome Shows Great Job are the only shows worth watching. Maybe the Mighty Boosh as well but that's about as close as it gets to anything being watchable.

Esuohlim Jul 18th, 2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor (Post 638132)
Did you ever start watching The Wire Milhouse? It is my favourite show!

Yes! I started about a week ago and I'm only about seven or eight episodes in, but I'm past the point where I'm merely trying to keep track of characters. D'Angelo's chess lesson from early on is my favorite scene so far, and it love how it parallels the events in the show. It's been pretty brilliant so far, and I hear that it only gets better. :eek

I like most of the characters, especially Bunk and Freamon. McNulty and Omar are ok. Herc is obnoxious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES
The Office and Tim and Eric: Awesome Shows Great Job are the only shows worth watching. Maybe the Mighty Boosh as well but that's about as close as it gets to anything being watchable.

You're a fucking idiot. Shut up.

Babs Jul 18th, 2009 02:37 AM

Go suck on Jack Bauers dick and get off to NCIS some more you lonely piece of shit.

Krythor Jul 18th, 2009 01:22 PM

I don't think Milhouse was suggesting that 24 and NCIS were fantastic alternatives to the shows you mentioned.

By the way, did you know that The Beatles are the only band worth listening to? Everything else is just, well... it's just garbage!

Yeah, The Wire does get a lot better. Each season has a different theme and tone; it's still impossible for me to decide which is my favourite out of 2, 3 and 4. 5 is a bit silly but it's still great. You'll also be surprised how you start to love characters you hate and vice versa, and the cast of characters by the end is HUGE.

Tadao Jul 18th, 2009 01:36 PM

Babs should not be allowed to use Kim's picture as an avatar.

Krythor Jul 18th, 2009 01:39 PM

Oh yeah, also Milhouse, never, ever, search for Wire videos on youtube; the suggested videos box will be your undoing.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2009 09:56 PM

I saw the first episode of Michael and Michael have issues. It was kinda funny, hopefully it continues to get better.

Dimnos Jul 21st, 2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor (Post 638176)
I don't think Milhouse was suggesting that 24 and NCIS were fantastic alternatives to the shows you mentioned.

While both of those shows are shit they are in FACT fantastic alternatives to the shows Babs mentioned.

Krythor Jul 21st, 2009 03:33 PM

I like Tim and Eric and The Office (I haven't seen the american version, I for some reason just assumed he meant the British one) so, whatever. I really don't like the Mighty Boosh though, at all. The moon parts especially make me cringe.

Dimnos Jul 21st, 2009 03:54 PM

If you are going to watch Tim and Eric you might as well go to a gay bar and let some perv in his late 40s slip you a mickey.

Krythor Jul 21st, 2009 04:01 PM

Or laugh.

executioneer Jul 21st, 2009 04:12 PM

the first season of T&E was great, but the humor's been going downhill lately i think

Esuohlim Jul 21st, 2009 04:17 PM

I like The Office and Tim & Eric can be pretty funny, but calling them the only shows "even close to being watchable" ranks up there with the stupidest things I've ever seen posted here.

And I've read my share of Lenor posts.

Krythor Jul 21st, 2009 04:25 PM

I liked michael and michael have issues too, by the way, but always feel with those guy's shows that in every area apart from the jokes they can be pretty lazy. Both this and Stella have aesthetic issues that work for the Stella Shorts where the slap dash way they're put together helps the comedy, but not for 20 minute sitcoms. I thought the relationship between the sketch show and their universe's reality was unclear, and the sketch show lacked character. I mean, in a show like Larry Sanders you got an impression of what the show within the show meant to that world.

It's only the first episode so I shouldn't complain. It was very very funny, which is all that really matters to me personally, but that's not all that matters to most people and it's easy to see why a show like this would get cancelled early on, which frustrates me.

Ant10708 Jul 22nd, 2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Steele (Post 582683)
i've only watched weeds out of all of those milhouse, but it is worth watching. Very uneven writing, (the subplots for her brother in law are especially terrible, and the uppity fat black woman is annoying), but the overall storyline is good and it's pretty funny. I would say it's about half as good as Arrested Development

the two shows have nothing in common and shouldn't be compared

stevetothepast Jul 22nd, 2009 05:39 PM

The only tv show that is worth watching these days is Antiques Roadshow

Dimnos Jul 22nd, 2009 05:49 PM

Histories Mysteries.

darkvare Jul 23rd, 2009 12:50 AM

i like dexter and breaking bad the thrid season was fucking awesome (speaking of dexter) and i like watching tv shows with no story cause if i miss an episode i can still follow it

genroxbro Aug 1st, 2009 05:31 PM

Television Shows

This topic is all about showing everybody your favorite show, anime, movie, hell even commericals. Please do not say that someone elses shows suck or say that your show or any other show is better. And no spamming or lying ok? Now, what is your favorite show? Let me introduce myself.

executioneer Aug 1st, 2009 06:34 PM

so do you guys want me to leave this one, or what

The Leader Aug 1st, 2009 07:12 PM

Naw, take 'em out.

Esuohlim Aug 1st, 2009 11:10 PM

These Internet 2.0 spammers are getting clever :o

I just finished the first season of the Wire and I can't wait to start the second. I almost want to rewatch the first episode and see how different it is now that I know everybody.

Aimless Aug 2nd, 2009 07:57 AM

I am completely in love with the wire. Bubbles, Omar and Dukie are my favorites.

(....I love honey nut cheerios)

mark123456 Aug 4th, 2009 05:27 AM

ups is provide power protection to the tv

Dimnos Aug 4th, 2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genroxbro (Post 639841)
This topic is all about showing everybody your favorite show, anime, movie, hell even commericals. Please do not say that someone elses shows suck or say that your show or any other show is better. And no spamming or lying ok? Now, what is your favorite show? Let me introduce myself.

I cant wait for these bots to show up and start shit talking. That would be great. :lol

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 09:43 AM

Anyone ever watch Locked up abroad?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2009 10:03 AM

Just reading about it, it sounds ridiculous. I might start watching or dvr'ing it.

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 11:35 AM

I dvr it every week. Just watched the one from this week last night. Man the UN sucks. Why would anyone work for those corn holes? :lol

Kitsa Aug 7th, 2009 12:26 PM

I liked Locked Up Abroad when it was about stuff that wasn't the featured person's fault, like kidnappings and such. Now it just seems like a procession of fucknuts who don't realize that duct-taping heroin to yourself, trying to smuggle it onto a plane, is probably a great way to get in trouble in a third-world country.

And then it's all, "Wah! Wah! I can't go to jail, I'm an American!"

Did nobody read/see Midnight Express?

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 640540)
I liked Locked Up Abroad when it was about stuff that wasn't the featured person's fault, like kidnappings and such.

Yeah those are the best ones. This seasons opener was a good one. It was about two people who went to Peru or something. The girl knew she was smuggling back drugs but the guy she brought with her had no idea. He thought they were just on a vacation. They got busted and she went to a nice looking friendly womens jail while he went to a nasty hell whole where they got marched around but naked and beaten every day. I felt so bad for that dude. There was another one where it was just a dumb ass trying to smuggle drugs but he was given so many signs that it wasnt to to turn out good and had so many opportunities to just bail but didnt that it was still good.

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 12:54 PM

But no I have never seen that movie. Is it good?

Kitsa Aug 7th, 2009 01:20 PM

It's a classic.

I recommend both book and movie, because some details were fudged in the movie and it really painted the Turkish people in a worse light than they deserved.

It'd be enough to persuade you that trying to smuggle drugs is a dipshit idea, anyway.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2009 01:38 PM

oh, lol, I thought you meant the movie with Tom Hanks.

Kitsa Aug 7th, 2009 03:10 PM

Nope, this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077928/

Billy Hayes is an interesting guy. A Turkish reporter tracked him down in Cannes a few years back and got a good interview (it's not in Turkish, although the first few sentences are).

Aimless Aug 9th, 2009 10:14 PM

I'm really trying to get into Being Human, I'll give it a few more episodes.

Esuohlim Aug 10th, 2009 06:50 PM

I keep hearing how great the West Wing is, but I hate politics! :(

Kitsa Aug 10th, 2009 07:22 PM

At first I hated the American version of The Office, but it grew on me. Same with My Name is Earl.

Dimnos Aug 11th, 2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 640987)
At first I hated the American version of The Office, but it grew on me. Same with My Name is Earl.

My Name is Earl is surprisingly funny. Especially that one with Norm McDonald.

Esuohlim Aug 12th, 2009 12:19 AM

Farscape is being re-released on DVD in November

I've never seen this show because the DVDs have been long out of print and only available for 150 bucks a season online, and now I can finally check it out since I've heard it's an amazing show which appeals to gay sci-fi fans like myself.

Has anyone else seen it? I know it's where Pub Lover's old "LIAR" avatar originated.

MetalMilitia Aug 12th, 2009 11:03 AM

I used to watch it on TV when I was 15-16 and I remember it being pretty good. No idea how badly it's aged though.

Colonel Flagg Aug 12th, 2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 641266)
Farscape is being re-released on DVD in November

I've never seen this show because the DVDs have been long out of print and only available for 150 bucks a season online, and now I can finally check it out since I've heard it's an amazing show which appeals to gay sci-fi fans like myself.

Has anyone else seen it? I know it's where Pub Lover's old "LIAR" avatar originated.

It was awesome. The premise was original, the characters were real, they were funny, they develop and the ending was UNJUSTIFIABLE. SciFi cancelled it prior to the last season, so they had to "wrap it up" with a miniseries that forced the writers to tie up all the loose ends in 4 hours. They sort of succeeded. :(

Awesome news, Milhouse.

EDIT - Now I'm not sure if SciFi was the network that cancelled the show - I seem to remember it originally was aired on another network. Can someone help me out here?

Tadao Aug 12th, 2009 01:48 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farscape

Looks like SciFi pulled the plug a whole season early. That's strange. Never seen it before, I should rent the dvds.

MajorScales Aug 20th, 2009 09:11 PM

I just finished watching Season 2 of Breaking BAd....WOW! as good or better than SiX feet under in my opinion.

Esuohlim Aug 21st, 2009 01:17 AM

Starting now I'm going to attempt to watch every episode of MST3K

Tadao Aug 21st, 2009 02:11 AM

How are you gonna do that?

executioneer Aug 21st, 2009 02:21 AM

within reason, i'm sure :/ some of the ktma eps are LOST TO TIME

Tadao Aug 21st, 2009 02:42 AM

Is there an online archive somewhere?

executioneer Aug 21st, 2009 02:50 AM

well dapcentral.org has (most) of the ones not on dvd/vhs, for starters

Esuohlim Aug 21st, 2009 02:53 AM

There's a lot of them here but quite a few are missing from the list. :(

Tadao Aug 21st, 2009 02:55 AM

Cool, I taped a bunch of them on vhs, I had like 12 tapes with 3 on each, but those got burned down with the house. Stupid fire. I probably had more like 6 tapes, but really 10. IDK

Thanks to the both of yas.

executioneer Aug 21st, 2009 03:03 AM

also remember: they didn't really start getting good until season 2

Tadao Aug 21st, 2009 03:45 AM

Yeah, I kinda remember some episodes where they didn't really seem as comfortable as they usually were.

Mad Melvin Aug 21st, 2009 05:44 AM

Anyone watching Rescue me? The show has gone downhill since the excellent second season, but I keep hoping that maybe it'll reach the same heights again. Third season was ok, fourth was just horrible, but the currently airing fifth season is pretty decent. The later episodes at least. The ones with Michael J. Fox were kinda awkward. I mean, I like the guy but damn. :(

Mad Melvin Aug 28th, 2009 04:45 AM

Just bought Oz - the complete series. Haven't watched this show in years and this seems to be even better than I remembered. But if my memory serves me correctly, the show kinda went downhill after season 3.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 28th, 2009 08:53 AM

Picked up The State and halfway through season 1.

Kitsa Aug 28th, 2009 12:18 PM

Just saw another episode of Locked Up Abroad the other day. British woman went to Goa, got into the rave thing there, started getting into drugs and heavy boozing, ran out of money. Dipshit fellow tourist recommended that she stuff brass Ganesh statues full of hash and ship them abroad. Of course she does it, and of course she gets caught.

Cue weepy prison experience.

What the hell did she think was going to happen?

Zhukov Aug 28th, 2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 644440)
Just bought Oz - the complete series. Haven't watched this show in years and this seems to be even better than I remembered. But if my memory serves me correctly, the show kinda went downhill after season 3.

Yeah, I bought the entire series not too long ago, and about half way through all the best characters were dead, and the plotlines were just getting wacky and unrealistic. Still, it was great while it lasted.

Dimnos Aug 28th, 2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 644471)
What the hell did she think was going to happen?

That she was going to make a lot of money and live happily ever after. The same exact thing all the drug traffickers on that show think.

Kitsa Aug 28th, 2009 03:40 PM

Suppose so. I was busy watching her technique for unwrapping, kneading and stuffing the hash into the statue, then sealing it with plaster and covering with gold paint. Does the plaster ruin the hash it touches? Because if it did, that was a good $30 of her $150 hash purchase gone. Seemed smarter to leave it wrapped.

Dimnos Aug 29th, 2009 12:05 PM

I wouldnt buy hash mixed with plaster. :(

Tadao Aug 29th, 2009 02:26 PM

There's a Heroes marathon on G4, I'm glad I set my brothers dvr to record them this morning cause I would never wake up and watch it.

FistfulOAwesome Aug 30th, 2009 05:40 PM

Hey, everybody remember to catch Into The Wild Green Yonder tonight on Comedy Central! It's by far the best of the Futurama movies (Hell, it's the only one that isn't a disappointment). This one has Heart. Seriously, watch it.

Tadao Aug 30th, 2009 05:47 PM

There was nothing wrong with the other ones. People like you are what cause cancellations.

FistfulOAwesome Aug 30th, 2009 06:52 PM

People like the idiotic FOX executives are the ones who cause cancellations. People like me who bought every box set and movie (Day One!) are the ones who brought it back (Matt and David have thanked the fans in many interviews for continuing to support the show).

I don't want to get into any stuff with you. Let's both agree that ITWGY is fantastic and that everybody should see it, okay?

P.S. If you care to know why I don't like the other 3, here's a link to an insanely long post where I write why the first three suck to various degrees and why ITWGY is a godsend: http://www.peelified.com/index.php?t...789#msg1021789

P.P.S. Would you like to say that to Dr. Boogie? Because he didn't like the first three either: http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies/we...e=movies&id=81

Tadao Aug 30th, 2009 08:37 PM

Oh, Dr. Boogie. That's different. I always make a habit of hiding my opinions from Dr. Boogie. :rolleyes

FistfulOAwesome Aug 30th, 2009 09:04 PM

How is he different? Because you won't tell off a site contributor like you told off a site commenter? If that's true that just makes you a hypocrite.

Tadao Aug 30th, 2009 11:50 PM

Wow, you are dense.

Sam Aug 31st, 2009 12:03 AM

TADAO YOU ARE A PUSSY MAN WHY DON'T YOU TELL DR BOOGIE WHAT YOU THINK MAN ARE YOU SCARED OR SOMETHING MAN YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT YOU PUSSY

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 12:05 AM

I have never once disagreed with Boogie on anything and I'm not about to now!

Sam Aug 31st, 2009 12:08 AM

THEY ALL SUCKED ANYWAYS

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 12:13 AM

Especially when you read to much into it, like say buying every box set and watching them over and over finding little jokes you never noticed before or writing an insanely long post on how you don't like it because it didn't do what you wanted it to do. Over excited fanboys have killed way too many good cartoons. :tear

FistfulOAwesome Aug 31st, 2009 02:17 AM

I warned ya.

Also, wow, I actually care about the way the series is handled and don't like it when the writers forget why it was worth bringing back in the first place (high-brow jokes/character-related humor that gets funnier every time, great stories, great character development, occasionally touching). It's almost like I'm a fan or something.

Listen man, all I wrote was that a good movie was going to be on, and I was alerting all the people who didn't buy the DVD their chance to see it. I also made a quick judgment on the other films. You were free to disagree with me on that.

But then you had to state that somehow me not liking the films was tantamount to me contributing to the cancellation of the series. I watched every episode of that show whenever FOX would actually show it, and I bought the DVD box sets and movies on the first day (or close to).

That's supporting the series, because FOX doesn't care if people like a product, only if they'll pay for it. It just so happens that in general people don't buy crap products so they have to at least try to make good ones.

Point being, "Fan" doesn't mean you blindly support every part of what you are a fan of. It just means that you like something a lot. That doesn't mean you have to like all of it. If you enjoy the other movies, more power to you. I don't. But I'm still a fan of the series (just a more critical one (that's what that long post you apparently thumbed through is, a critique)).

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 02:30 AM

Actually, you didn't just say that the new movie is airing, you called the others a disappointment, therefore you are open to criticism. What I stated is that saying 3 sucky movies to one good movie is the kind of thing that gets shows canceled. Those aren't good odds and if you "fans" keep saying things like that, what network will wanna keep the show alive? You then had to dazzle me with your fandom.

But whatever, you go ahead and keep saying that out of the new season only 1/4 of it was any good. I'm sure Matt and David will thank you again for your support.

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 02:39 AM

BTW The difference between you and Boogie, he was doing a review.

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 03:08 AM

I apologize, I know you were just promoting the show and I didn't express why I feel you did it in a harmful way properly. When I had the chance to explain myself, I chose be a dick instead.

FistfulOAwesome Aug 31st, 2009 03:19 AM

Edit: Thanks? I mean, I wasn't expecting an apology. I'm not going to change the text below this edit, but thank you for the apology. We're both fans here and we simply have differing opinions (the source of all fighting). Listen, at the end of the day, no matter whether I dislike some of the movies while you liked them, the series is back. That's something we can both agree is good and worthy of looking forward to. Truce?

First of all, see the first sentence in the quote below me? Yeah, that looks like an alert that states that the new (to TV viewers) movie is going to be on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FistfulOAwesome (Post 644859)
Hey, everybody remember to catch Into The Wild Green Yonder tonight on Comedy Central! It's by far the best of the Futurama movies (Hell, it's the only one that isn't a disappointment). This one has Heart. Seriously, watch it.

Second, saying you don't like something doesn't mean it will be canceled. Transformers 2 was absolutely trashed by critics nationwide, yet that movie went on to make more than 3 Million at the Box Office.

20th Century Fox doesn't care if the fans (and this is usually only a vocal, core base) don't like something. They only care if it sold. As long as it keeps making money, they will keep making it. Hell, Futurama fans like myself are the most likely to keep watching, even if it turns bad (I kept buying the DVD movies). I'll never give up on this series if there is at least one ray of hope.

Admittedly, at the release of ITWGY, my hopes were very low. I was disappointed by the quality of the three previous efforts, and I wasn't expecting anything. If ITWGY had turned out to be an average or bad episode (like the previous movies), I would have rather had the series dead (why let it live on as a shadow of it's former self?).

Thankfully, the writers managed to pull it together for the last movie, not only redeeming the entire concept of Futurama in movie format (so the other ones were bad because they had bad content and were badly written, not because Futurama doesn't work in movie format), but ending up releasing what I think is the best episode of Futurama (any sparkly eyes I had for the movie has long since faded. Since I still think it's the best episode, 6 months after its release, that means that must be my real feeling).

Third, my problem isn't that you disagreed with me. It's that you accused any fan (in this case me) of being "bad" for the series simply because I didn't like some of it. If the writers write bad episodes, I'll call them out on it. I love Futurama (and brought it back by buying the DVD's) because it is a consistently high-quality series. If an episode comes out that isn't high-quality (especially an 88-minute long movie that I payed 20 bucks for), I'm not going to kiss the writers asses anyway. I'll tell them (by posting on forums they'll never read) they screwed up and hope that they don't do it again.

As for my 1/4 love of the new season, that's only if I judge them as full movies. In that regard, they all fail except for ITWGY. However, as parts, it ends up being more like 2 and a half/4 good. If you care to skim through my linked post, you'll notice that I think that BBS is okay (but held back by a certain lack of humor and the mismanaged Paradox-Correcting Time Code), BWABB is truly terrible (bad "jokes", bad characterization, absolutely terrible story, it's only saving graces are Deathball and the Pirate battle, but that's no where near enough to save it), and the first half of BG delivers (it could have worked on it's own, but is needlessly tied to the wasted Fantasy section).

It's just that for what could have been the last Futurama, I didn't want "okay". I didn't want excuses ("I guess it was alright, but...). I wanted to see Futurama resurrected, not zombified from it's grave. The first three shambled, picking apart everything that was great about the series, and adding little in return. It wasn't till ITWGY descended from the Heavens (AKA Amazon.com's storage facilities) that Futurama had truly come back for me. That new season is something I'm very excited for, since I don't think the writers will be making the same mistakes they did with the first three movies (they can't afford to now).

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed ITWGY, and further enjoys the new season debuting tentatively June, 2010. I know I'm looking forward to it.

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 03:23 AM

We should take it to the Futurama thread at this point. But I'm not gonna. Viva LaFuturama

FistfulOAwesome Aug 31st, 2009 03:32 AM

For as long as you are good, you will have fans to hold you in high regard, Futurama. Live long and prosper!

Dimnos Aug 31st, 2009 09:37 AM

FistfulOCock... No one wants to read that wall of text about how you feel. That is why you have to pay psychiatrists.

Krythor Aug 31st, 2009 10:10 AM

Yeah really, relax.

Have you started season 2 of the wire milhouse?

stevetothepast Aug 31st, 2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 644988)
FistfulOCock... No one wants to read that wall of text about how you feel. That is why you have to pay psychiatrists.

:lol good call dim

FistfulOAwesome Aug 31st, 2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Right, because this isn't a Forum, which by definition is a public area of discussion (of opinion).

Nice jab with the whole OCock thing. Haha! You're insinuating that I'm gay or lame. I would say that one took you a few minutes, but a person with such biting wit such as yourself would have no trouble coming up with such a clever line in mere seconds.

Also, did I force you to read that post? You are free to skip over it.

Finally, a "wall of text" is when someone writes out several paragraphs and forgets to space them, giving the impression of a wall. I spaced out mine, if you care to notice.

Definition of Forum: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forum

Definition of "Wall of Text": http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=wall+of+text

Dimnos Aug 31st, 2009 01:49 PM

:lol

Dimnos Aug 31st, 2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

FistfulOCock... No one wants to read that wall of text your big ass post about how you feel. That is why you have to pay psychiatrists.

Does that make you feel better?

FistfulOAwesome Aug 31st, 2009 02:18 PM

Again, no one forced you to read it. Skip over it, I don't care.

Why a big-ass post anyway? It's simply how I write. I didn't think I could properly counter Tadao's post with less words (because that's who that big-ass post was for, Tadao).

Dimnos Aug 31st, 2009 02:20 PM

It was just a tip bro. ;)

stevetothepast Aug 31st, 2009 02:28 PM

you should have pm'ed him.

FistfulOAwesome Aug 31st, 2009 02:43 PM

Anyway, on to non-easily-excitable-fanboy business, anybody remember Goosebumps: The TV Series? I've been watching it on Youtube and have been pleasantly surprised to find out that I don't have nostalgia goggles for it. It really was a well-crafted television show.

It kinda reminds me that I've always loved story-of-the-week shows ( like The Twilight Zone and, to lesser extents, shows like So Weird and The X-Files), and it sucks that no more are being produced (although I haven't checked out Supernatural (maybe I'll give it a chance)).

Krythor Aug 31st, 2009 04:04 PM

No matter how little you write from now on and on what subject my brain will automatically reject it and skip over every word. Sorry.

executioneer Aug 31st, 2009 07:52 PM

guys i automatically ignore anything people who have the built-in forum avatars say, you should try it sometime

stevetothepast Aug 31st, 2009 09:28 PM

sometimes I wish the stallone cobra built in avatar wasn't a choice. Because it's bad-ass.

Dimnos Sep 1st, 2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 645064)
guys i automatically ignore anything people who have the built-in forum avatars say, you should try it sometime

Good advice. :bow

FistfulOAwesome Sep 1st, 2009 12:18 PM

I like Wackosaurs.

Dimnos Sep 1st, 2009 12:24 PM

Burgertime Baddies is WAY better. :rolleyes

executioneer Sep 1st, 2009 08:02 PM

i like cake

Aimless Sep 1st, 2009 09:00 PM

I like eerie indiana :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 1st, 2009 10:19 PM

I wish they would release The Pirates of Dark Water on dvd and make a damned final episode.

Noi Jatat

Esuohlim Sep 1st, 2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor (Post 644990)
Yeah really, relax.

Have you started season 2 of the wire milhouse?

Yeah I'm about halfway through it. The beginning of the season is kind of jarring because of the sudden focus on middle class workers on the docks. For some reason I haven't felt entirely motivated to watch this season. :(

FistfulOAwesome Sep 2nd, 2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless (Post 645401)
I like eerie indiana :(

Coincidentally, I was about to start watching Eerie, Indiana as soon as I was finished with Goosebumps.