I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   NHL 2013-2014 Season (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708959)

Tadao Jan 28th, 2014 03:29 PM

Ahaahahaha She's gonna be the kind of girl that punches boys in the head.

Kitsa Jan 28th, 2014 03:51 PM

I hope she gets a hockey scholarship.

Kitsa Jan 28th, 2014 07:04 PM

Ok, Jackets, come on and beat Ottawa.

Kitsa Jan 28th, 2014 09:53 PM

Fuck.

Tadao Jan 28th, 2014 11:27 PM

I take it back, we suck. Coyotes shut us out. 0-3

AChimp Jan 29th, 2014 10:00 AM

Aaaaaaand we shit the bed vs Nashville. Back to the basement!

Kitsa Jan 29th, 2014 11:20 AM

We're starting to do the same punitive goalie crap that LA's been doing. Bob gives up a few goals? Bench him and put in McElhinney. McElhinney gives up a few goals? Shame shame, start Bob!

Tadao Jan 29th, 2014 12:08 PM

It's the only way they learn.

Kitsa Jan 29th, 2014 12:22 PM

Rub their nose on the ice, too.

Edit: That aside, I was doing a lot of WTF-ing at the screen last night as the Jackets had opportunities of bumper-bowling calibre, big holes in Ottawa's defense, missed opportunities left and right, and fucking SHOOTING WIDE ON A WIDE OPEN EMPTY NET. We deserved the loss.

Tadao Jan 29th, 2014 12:54 PM

Quick keeps getting scored on from the blue line and points. Fucking Olympics seem to be fucking with his head. I've never seen him this distracted.

Kitsa Jan 29th, 2014 03:37 PM

Same with Bob. When they benched him, they kept the camera on him and he just looked dazed.

Kitsa Jan 30th, 2014 09:44 PM

Whew! 3 game losing streak over and bob once again beating ovechkin.

Kitsa Jan 30th, 2014 09:46 PM

Tadao Jan 30th, 2014 11:15 PM

Our game against Pittsburgh is intense. They our kicking our ass and our boys are getting a fucking workout. 2 more periods to go.

Tadao Jan 30th, 2014 11:38 PM

Hahahha they pulled Quick and put in Jones. Crazy times.

Kitsa Jan 31st, 2014 06:28 AM

We had fight after fight last night, which always seems to happen when two teams are battling for a spot in the standings.

Ovechkin shot on Bob, Bob deflected that shit like he had Wonder Woman bulletproof cuffs. Ovechkin skated over and said something to him, and the announcers are like, "OVIE'S CONGRATULATING BOB ON THAT EXCELLENT SAVE, SAYS, I HOPE YOU HAVE MORE LIKE THAT IN THE OLYMPICS NEXT WEEK". How the fuck would they know? He could have said absolutely anything. You couldn't see their faces, they weren't mic'd, and it was probably in Russian. He could have told him to go fuck himself, he could have reminded him to pack toilet paper, it could have been anything.

Kitsa Jan 31st, 2014 06:29 AM

I frequently find commentator-prattle irritating, that might be why.

Tadao Jan 31st, 2014 11:41 AM

Our commentators have no color. It's strictly business and very boring. Sometimes if I've been drinking it can lull me to sleep. :lol

Kitsa Jan 31st, 2014 11:13 PM

I'm watching Michigan State-Minnesota right now.

Almost changed the channel when I heard the name Chelios.

Kitsa Feb 1st, 2014 08:05 AM

AChimp Feb 1st, 2014 08:52 AM

American announcers for hockey are universally bad, except for a few in the Original Six markets. Gotta listen to some Canadian guys for quality announcing. :posh

Kitsa Feb 1st, 2014 11:40 AM

Our announcers are very accessible. They have a desk near the cannon, at the top of a section just off the concourse, and you can just walk up as they're doing postgame. It's kind of cool to watch. You can also look up as you're standing in line to get in and there's usually someone with a camera taking pics of the crowd.

This is the Jumbotron guy. When we took my daughter to her first game last year, she fell asleep (despite the crowd being louder than I'd ever heard and the fucking cannon going off all the time). The people around us were laughing. The jumbotron guy came over and was sitting in an empty seat beside us, ready for the shot the next time they got to him. He was just about to when the guy got back to his seat and he had to move- gave up and went back up the steps :(

Tadao Feb 1st, 2014 03:29 PM

Going to Hooters to watch the game, hopefully titties and beer will ease the pain of losing to fucking Philly.

Tadao Feb 1st, 2014 06:41 PM

Shut out again! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitsa Feb 1st, 2014 10:28 PM

Good solid win tonight vs Florida, a team I frequently forget exists.

So we were out today at an ice cream place and mr kitsa is wearing a jackets hoodie, and the guy strikes up a conversation about the season. And just as I say something, he shoots me this look like, quiet, woman, the men are talking.

I had a mad impulse to create all sorts of chaos, up to and including telling him just scoop the fucking ice cream, bitch. But then I remembered that the only reasons women like hockey are to impress men or to lust after players, right?

What a fuckwit.