I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   League of Legends (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704983)

MattJack Sep 2nd, 2010 05:53 PM

League of Legends

League of Legends has been the only game I've been playing for the past two or three months I'd say.

It's a free game that is basically a better version of Defense of the Ancients(DotA). There are 57 Champions(playable characters) and you choose one to play on a team of 3v3 or 5v5. The classes vary, but are pretty straight forward: Mage, DPS, Tank, Tank Buster, Stealth, Hybrid, etc.

You can't choose all 57 Champions from the get go, unless you spendz $$$, but they rotate out 10 free Champs every week. As you play you gain IP points, and with these points you can "buy" Champions or Runes(upgrades).

If you've played DotA then you'll instantly understand this game. I, for one, enjoy it much more than DotA.

Here is their Learning Center for those that may be interested. They have a download link somewhere on the main site, shouldn't be hard to find. My buddies and I play a lot, and I see Dimnos online a bit too. Give this sht a try.

I'm in a Psychology class right now and I'm bored to tears, but I have to pay enough attention to the teacher to where she won't fck with me.

PS: MattJack is my UN on that mugggg

Dimnos Sep 3rd, 2010 12:02 PM

Its a bad ass game. Especially for a free game. If your not playing it you should at least check it out.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 5th, 2011 03:03 AM

Did anyone call Ashe? I haven't played it yet....but I'm leaning toward her from reading descriptions

kahljorn Jun 5th, 2011 04:48 AM

:lol i suck so much ass at this game

Fathom Zero Jun 5th, 2011 05:00 AM

Every champion can be the best, once you get really good with them. I'd advise against playing squishy people and just play tanks, as they last longer in fights. At least, until you get your bearings.

I play off and on with people that are way way way way way better than me, so I got to pick up on this stuff fast when most people just start off playing against their skill level, which hovers somewhere between shit and awful.

But it feels really good when you get better. And it gets really satisfying when you notice that the opposite team has picked one or more shit champions.

kahljorn Jun 5th, 2011 05:05 AM

yeaa i dunno maybe i just need to get used to playing against people instead of bots

Fathom Zero Jun 5th, 2011 05:27 AM

Just don't make the mistake of playing co-op vs. AI games and assume they're anything at all like people. Just suck it up and keep playing normal games.

Level 20 is when it's really good because the tier 3 runes open up. It gives you a huge edge to have proper runes.

darkvare Jun 5th, 2011 10:48 AM

me and kahl have been playing some 3 vs 3 and my mastery of shaco has saved us twice lol

Dimnos Jun 5th, 2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 724409)
Did anyone call Ashe? I haven't played it yet....but I'm leaning toward her from reading descriptions

Ash is a great starter champ. While what FZ said about tanks lasting longer is true, Ash is ranged and one of the easier champs to master.

Fathom Zero Jun 5th, 2011 11:17 AM

Ashe has one of the best ults in the game and her range is fantastic. She can be brutal. Also, if you notice you're dying a lot, just build Merc Treads instead of something else. They're invaluable.

MLE Jun 5th, 2011 12:52 PM

Not interested, bro, but now that I know you're around and playing with your peeps, I'll hop on vent sometime to chat.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 5th, 2011 03:05 PM

awwww. I, have this like 1980's vent chat mic.

darkvare Jun 5th, 2011 07:01 PM

what's your name there 10k?

kahljorn Jun 5th, 2011 09:27 PM

my lee sin kicks have saved us a few times! lol

that one time we were losing horribly i kicked all 3 of those fuckers and you scored an ace and then we won :O

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 6th, 2011 09:43 AM

I don't even have a name on it yet. I downloaded lol and daggerdale at the same time and got sidetracked.

Dimnos Jun 6th, 2011 01:28 PM

Well get on it. >:

Zhukov Jun 6th, 2011 01:38 PM

My name is Zhukov1917 but I aren't playing it right now.

King Hadas Jun 6th, 2011 05:48 PM

Haven't played this with people yet, just the first tutorials, I'm playing as BardBane by the way.

kahljorn Jun 7th, 2011 04:29 AM

man.. i kinda hate this g ame

i just played a game where we aced right at the begining. Two seconds later they are all like level four and we are level 2.

Dimnos Jun 7th, 2011 02:51 PM

Yeah it can be a bitch sometimes. Sorry about ditching out last night. My wife has been needy lately, and not in the good way. :\

kahljorn Jun 7th, 2011 03:36 PM

no worries i figured it was that or your kids

YOU SON OF A BITCH

MattJack Jun 7th, 2011 11:32 PM

lul i uninstalled this.

LoL is OK, but it is one of those Free-To-Play-Games that is almost never truly free. You will spend a lot of time (or money to fast track your way) just to get where you aren't at a total disadvantage.

Also, they release a new character and (re)balance the game every two weeks. This is troublesome for a few reasons. Without going into too much detail, you'll find that a lot of characters you like/dislike will be buffed or nerfed down on a fairly regular basis. The game's Tier 1 and Tier 2 characters are generally always rotating due to how they go at balancing this game. It also sucks that if you choose to purchase a brand new character they are expensive, and then will probably be nerfed into the ground for months on end.

I'd say avoid League of Legends all together and simply pay the $30 for Heroes of Newerth (HoN). You get lifetime updates for free, more maps, debug mode, map maker, and the game's core mechanics aren't altered every two weeks.

If you start liking LoL it is a money suck, or in the very least a time suck. Last year they posted a 270 million dollar profit. That's a lot of bread for a "free to play game."

kahljorn Jun 8th, 2011 05:23 AM

yea i was looking at the champions/skins the other day and was like, "HMM 1000 RIOT POINTS I WONDER HOW MUCH THAT WOULD BE IN CASH. MAYBE I CAN JUST GET THESE CHAMPS FOR CHEAP INSTEAD OF SAVING UP POINTS TO GET THEM."

then i found out thats like ten bucks. Ten bucks for one champion.
its even more genius than wow

also i bought kennen today for 6300 IP :O been rockin though
i think i might buy fiddledicks too

Fathom Zero Jun 8th, 2011 07:17 AM

Please don't buy Fiddlesticks. He's just bad. Buy Dr. mundo instead. It's really easy to not die with him and his cleaver's pretty nice.

darkvare Jun 8th, 2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 725030)
lul i uninstalled this.

LoL is OK, but it is one of those Free-To-Play-Games that is almost never truly free. You will spend a lot of time (or money to fast track your way) just to get where you aren't at a total disadvantage.

Also, they release a new character and (re)balance the game every two weeks. This is troublesome for a few reasons. Without going into too much detail, you'll find that a lot of characters you like/dislike will be buffed or nerfed down on a fairly regular basis. The game's Tier 1 and Tier 2 characters are generally always rotating due to how they go at balancing this game. It also sucks that if you choose to purchase a brand new character they are expensive, and then will probably be nerfed into the ground for months on end.

I'd say avoid League of Legends all together and simply pay the $30 for Heroes of Newerth (HoN). You get lifetime updates for free, more maps, debug mode, map maker, and the game's core mechanics aren't altered every two weeks.

If you start liking LoL it is a money suck, or in the very least a time suck. Last year they posted a 270 million dollar profit. That's a lot of bread for a "free to play game."

you don't really need to pay to get ahead the only thing i bought with money since i started playing in september is skins and every time they release a new champion i have enough ip to unlock him or her