I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 26th, 2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 650373)
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, now

I grew up on the SNES Final Fantasy 2, so it's a major nostalgia rush for me. I'll probably buy all of the expansion packs too (something like 6 of them for $3 each). FFIV is a brand you can whore to me at any cost, second only to Marathon.

I still need to finish FF IV. I have some 2 part anime sequel of sorts to it on VHS somewhere but I watched it before playing IV. The main char is a descendant from someone but his english dubbed name is Pretzel :(

Edit: My bad, its a sequel to FF V.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_F...f_the_Crystals )

Guitar Woman Sep 26th, 2009 01:22 PM

Crystal in a girl butt

captain516 Sep 26th, 2009 07:24 PM

Fuck your next-gen games, I'm playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

LordSappington Sep 26th, 2009 09:17 PM

I think I got stuck on the hedge-maze level. :x

captain516 Sep 26th, 2009 09:25 PM

You mean the first one?:dunce

darkvare Sep 26th, 2009 09:33 PM

i think he means the one with the jason look alikes

captain516 Sep 26th, 2009 09:36 PM

Ah.

Guitar Woman Sep 26th, 2009 11:28 PM

Earthbound.

Fuck Moonside, I always forget where the invisible guy is.

LordSappington Sep 27th, 2009 12:47 AM

I tried to play that, but it bugged me that you couldn't see your party fighting, and those damn street gangs would box me in when I was low on health, so I'd have to keep fighting them.

Guitar Woman Sep 27th, 2009 01:48 AM

Earthbound is hard as fuck, dude, especially in the beginning when the Sharks gang up on you and you have jack shit for Psi powers.

When you get Paula it gets way easier because she deals massive Psi damage, but she gets kidnapped for about two hours of gametime at one point by jerks, and Jeff is only useful passively by fixing items and showing enemy weaknesses and shit. So you get buttfucked.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 27th, 2009 10:04 AM

Once you beat Frank or whatever the fuck his name is, the game gets a lot less brutal. Seriously, who the fuck puts the hardest part at the beginning of the game?

At the final dungeon in Mario and Luigi 3. Holy crap, what a fantastic game. Great writing, clever gameplay, awesome graphics. The first few hours have a little too many minigames, but they almost never show up once you get the ability to leave and reenter Bowser's belly.

Other than that, I have zero complaints about it. Also, Fawful as the main villain? Awesome.

EDIT: Beat it. The last dungeon took 4 hours, but man, it was awesome. And an amazing final fight. Definitely in my top five favorite RPGs.

bigtimecow Sep 27th, 2009 11:34 AM

returned some games last night, couldn't find anything, and settled for mirror's edge. it was only 20 bucks. have yet to play it though

348/350 shards in infamous. i looked up some forum discussion online and people are claiming that the last few they found did not show up on their radar >:

LordSappington Sep 27th, 2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 650455)
Earthbound is hard as fuck, dude, especially in the beginning when the Sharks gang up on you and you have jack shit for Psi powers.

That was what pissed me off. They could move way fucking faster than you, too, so once you got swarmed by them, the only choice you had was to fight them off.

Chojin Sep 27th, 2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 650469)
Once you beat Frank or whatever the fuck his name is, the game gets a lot less brutal. Seriously, who the fuck puts the hardest part at the beginning of the game?

Every Zelda and Metroid game and almost every game with stats and upgradable weapons?

Phoenix Gamma Sep 27th, 2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 650485)
Every Zelda and Metroid game and almost every game with stats and upgradable weapons?

Only Zelda that comes to mind is Wind Waker, if only because you lose the sword. But most games "with stats and upgradable weapons" (and Metroid) scale the difficulty so that you're consistently challenged so that fighting Boss 1 at level 5 will be as hard as fighting boss 8 at level fourty.

At least, that's the ideal difficulty curve. And I don't think Metroid's ever harder in the beginning.

Guitar Woman Sep 27th, 2009 11:09 PM

Only Metroid 1 is because you start with 30 health and can't even shoot at your fucking feet.

I started playing Monkey Island today and didn't stop for about 4 hours. I love it.

Sam Sep 27th, 2009 11:23 PM

The Brutal Legend demo. :(

I'm probably going to buy it. :(

OxBlood Sep 28th, 2009 03:05 AM

Finished Wolfenstein (the new one). Made me laugh. Those ain´t Nazis, those are just some occult dudes who accidently happen to have the swastika on them. And all of them got the letter that ALL germans have to replace every "th" with a "s". Sä wäppons will bih srohn intuh sä träschkompäkta! Funny americans :D
Nonetheless a pretty good game, very entertaining. And now I guess I´ll finish my Legendary-playthrough of MUA2 while waiting for my Persona PSP to arrive. Also still thinking about buying Siren Blood Curse.

Dimnos Sep 28th, 2009 09:31 AM

I thought they banned that game over in Germany? Better not let the gestapo police find it.

Fathom Zero Sep 28th, 2009 09:33 AM

It's banned now. It was on the shelves for a couple weeks, as I understand it.

Microshock Sep 28th, 2009 10:25 AM

Don't they just have to remove the swastikas for the german versions?

Fathom Zero Sep 28th, 2009 10:31 AM

That'd make it a pretty shitty WWII game, then.

stevetothepast Sep 28th, 2009 11:11 AM

Is there world at war over there?

I heard they remove the swastikas and replace them with iron crosses, so in the later map packs, there are no swastikas, just iron crosses worldwide

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 28th, 2009 01:27 PM

Playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 tonight at 8:00 Pm EST.

Sam Sep 28th, 2009 03:36 PM

Playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 tonight at 5:00 Pm PST.