I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Tadao Jan 3rd, 2011 09:40 PM

Despicable Me - Good for a kids cartoon. At least the story is somewhat original. (I think :( )

Devil - Only good if you are really bored and want to watch a total of 8 people interact.

The Other Guys - I laughed a couple of times.

Resident Evil: Afterlife - Suckfest 2011

kahljorn Jan 3rd, 2011 11:53 PM

saw true grit. Thought i was gonna see a gritty western but saw a comedy in a western setting with a little kid.

Zhukov Jan 4th, 2011 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 709571)
Resident Evil: Afterlife - Suckfest 2011

Agree with you there. Shite it was.

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2011 01:22 PM

I saw the Family Stone recently and it's pretty good. It's not overly chick-flicky and the family in the movie reminds me a lot of my own. So there ya go.

Kitsa Jan 4th, 2011 03:23 PM

I'm trying to watch The Horde. I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Understanding French does not help me here.

Tadao Jan 4th, 2011 04:08 PM

HAPPY 100 PAGES!

Tonny Jan 5th, 2011 01:17 AM

Last night,I watched the Resident Evil:Afterlife,I found the moive keep the tradition of the series Resident Evil–Hot Girls,Handsome Boy and Cool Action.Original director-writer Paul W.S. Anderson returns for this fourth installment in the science-fiction action series based on the popular videogames. Milla Jovovich is back as Alice, who has superhuman powers due to a favorable reaction to the T-virus that has turned most of the rest of humanity into zombie mutants. Alice storms the evil Umbrella Corporation’s headquarters in Tokyo with dozens of clones of herself in an attempt to take out Albert Wesker (Shawn Roberts), the head of Umbrella. Alice barely escapes with her life, but she is thankful that Wesker injected her with a T-virus cure that makes her human again. Alice takes off in a two-seater plane to find signs of life. Her first scenic stop is Alaska, where she is reunited with Claire Redfield (Ali Larter), who is suffering from amnesia. The two fly to Los Angeles and land on a high-rise prison roof downtown in an attempt to help some survivors that are flagging them down. Claire is surprised to find her brother, Chris (Wentworth Miller), inside. Together they fight the zombie mob pounding its way inside the complex and escape to the Arcadia—a ship transmitting a signal that promises safety for humans but is really a trap set by Wesker.

If you want more about new movies review go to my website: www.dingalings.yum

Fathom Zero Jan 5th, 2011 01:28 AM

Look what you did, Tadao. LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID.

Tadao Jan 5th, 2011 11:36 AM

NO WAY! It's because Zhukov quoted me!

Kitsa Jan 5th, 2011 03:33 PM

"Eat, Pray, Love" at my mother's request. My GOD what a fucking painful chickflick patronizing slog of a movie.

Esuohlim Jan 6th, 2011 03:59 AM

I finally got to see "The Hangover", the most over-hyped comedy since Superbad. At first I was afraid it was going to be wacky and awful like Dude Where's My Car, and then I was pleasantly surprised with how grounded the movie was in reality, for the most part. Until we get to the Mike Tyson and Chinese mafia scenes, then I completely lost interest.

Kitsa Jan 6th, 2011 10:18 AM

Paranormal Activity, again because my mother hadn't seen it and wanted to.

It's even more stupid and horrible the second time around. The only suspense is waiting for the scary to happen. It never does.

MEEEEECCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 6th, 2011 10:38 AM

Tron 2.0 Legacy the 2nd one.

It was radical.

Tadao Jan 6th, 2011 11:59 AM

Lol, I refuse to watch superbad because after 5 minutes I start day dreaming about anything else.

Zhukov Jan 7th, 2011 08:42 AM

I watched about 1/4 of Superbad before realising that I didn't find it funny so probably shouldn't waste my time.

Aaarg Jan 7th, 2011 09:10 AM

metropolis -
i do prefer talkies, but this movie is great. i love the motions of the machine man witch lady

the samurai trilogy -
could have used more duels and less lady-whining, but i guess that was the point of the films anyway. i loved how much was shot outside, especially in the first one. also it's mifune so it's automatically good.

rosemary's baby -
much better than i expected. had never seen it before.

captain516 Jan 9th, 2011 03:44 PM

1990 The Bronx Warriors is pure 80s cheese and I love it. Also, Fred Williamson.

kahljorn Jan 10th, 2011 05:21 PM

if I wanted to see a stupid movie to laugh at would DEVIL be a good movie or would i just feel frustrated

Zomboid Jan 10th, 2011 06:03 PM

I actually didn't think Devil was as ridiculously bad as I expected.

I definitely agree about the Hangover, though. Fuck, do I ever hate that movie.

Tadao Jan 10th, 2011 09:20 PM

It wasn't bad, it was just boring in parts.

elx Jan 11th, 2011 08:53 AM

Devil - my buddy and I watched this last night for movie night. It was really bad, like, hilariously bad. He figured out the entire plot the first fifteen minutes in so we only stuck with it to see if he was right or not. and of course the ending was painfully weak, as it always is with m. night films.

Black Swan - I really hated it. I think it was sorta like scott pilgrim and I was just expecting too much going in. I only saw it as a huge waste of potential.

Hang over/super bad - agreeing with you guys, both were lame -- they all are these days though:(

I think the worst movie i've ever seen though has got to be Wanted. It was like they just threw in a bunch of cliched elements from ever other hollywood film and gave up. Morgan Freeman as the narrator, some ancient asian legacy, some secret messages that are hidden in cloth for the secret underground society that is saving the world and the typical father/son dynamic and then angelina jolie in leather... I can still complain about it and it's been years!

Zhukov Jan 11th, 2011 10:08 AM

Yeah, I hated Wanted.

I don't know if I would have hated it more if it had stayed true to the comic (which it didn't) though, since I hated the comic too.

Tadao Jan 11th, 2011 10:54 AM

I don't think I've heard of Wanted until now.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 11th, 2011 11:19 AM

Its the one where they can CURVE/ARC a bullets trajectory by flicking their wrists while shooting a gun. I watched a video of the gameplay for the Wanted: videogame and the blindfire ability is like throwing a grenade but with bullets.

Tadao Jan 11th, 2011 11:37 AM

OH GOD, IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW, never watched it thank god.