I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

All Hail Duke Feb 26th, 2011 07:20 PM

the thing

and as far as tangerine dream goes, i dig their legend score, and that's it

All Hail Duke Feb 26th, 2011 10:19 PM

the sandlot
one flew over the cuckoos nest
silence of the lambs

Tadao Feb 26th, 2011 11:18 PM

You're watching TCM. :eek

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 28th, 2011 04:09 PM

The last half hour of

. I thought it was Kel Mitchell but it ended up being Sisqo.

I couldn't find the remote while feeding her yesterday morning. This movie was beyond bad.

Was watching the CHILLER station and they had a movie about the BTK(Bound Torture Kill) Killer. This was amazing to watch because it looked like it was made in the '80's but ended up being 2008.

There is another CHILLER original movie coming out next week too and it looks ridiculous.

Kitsa Feb 28th, 2011 06:40 PM

I have Triangle Fire DVR'd. It's the one that seems to have DVR'd itself. Can't wait to see it.

Mad Melvin Feb 28th, 2011 06:54 PM

Slumdog Millionaire.

I like it. Not Boyle's best, but a good movie nontheless.

Backdraft

I saw this when I was a kid and loved it. Not so much anymore. It still had some nostalgic charm, but it's really just a mindless popcorn flick with cheesy dialogue and overacting. I give it a plus for the plot, which is not as cliched as one might expect (it's still kinda cliched, though). Watchable.

Beneath Hill 60

Australian movie about WW1. That immediately got my attention, since WW1 isn't really used in films these days. WW2 on the other hand, fucking hell just stop it already. Beneath Hill 60 was about soldiers digging tunnels beneath the german lines. It was quite claustrophobic at times and the war looked as dirty and gritty as it propably was. Considering the small-ish budget, the effects were very well done and acting was pretty solid all the way through. It seemed to drag a little at times, but it was a good movie.

The Bourne Supremacy

MEH. I dunno what happened. The first one was good, but this looked like it was filmed by a hyperactive teenager on meth. There was a cut every 10 microseconds and it really started to grind my gears me halfway through the movie. A couple of cool scenes, but nothing special. Going to watch the third one soon.

Dimnos Feb 28th, 2011 09:43 PM

In Backdraft, is that guy taking an axe to the chest as bad ass as I remember?

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 1st, 2011 10:03 AM

I feel like Matt Damon only takes roles where he's constantly running. He must have amazing cardio. Kind of how Cuba Gooding jr is typecast as "a guy in the navy."

Tadao Mar 1st, 2011 11:28 AM

Jr play a soldier a lot. If not that, a cop.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 1st, 2011 04:07 PM

Cuba:
Pearl Harbor - Sailor
Men of Honor - Navy
Jerry McGuire - His character may have played for NAVY in college
Rat Race - He might have taken a boat
What Dreams May Come - He drove a boat
A few good men - Wasn't he like a Navy seal in this one
Boat Trip - Seriously
Snow Dogs - Sled dogging over frozen ice = still a sailor

Tadao Mar 1st, 2011 04:19 PM

Yeah, I could also find just as many marine/army movies. I don't think I even watched any of those you listed.

Tadao Mar 1st, 2011 04:21 PM

I didn't mean it to come off as YOU ARE WRONG. I meant it to come off as THEY SURE LIKE TO PUT HIM IN A UNIFORM.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 1st, 2011 05:01 PM

Every movie I've seen him in he goes Nautical. Much more than any other actor. He probably directed waterworld.

Tadao Mar 1st, 2011 05:28 PM

Two off the top of my head are The Way of War and The Devils Tomb. The Way of War is awesome BTW.

Tadao Mar 1st, 2011 05:35 PM

I have Chill Factor DVR'd, let's see what he plays in this one.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 1st, 2011 06:02 PM

He's probably in a bath tub in that one.

King Hadas Mar 1st, 2011 07:56 PM

Wasn't he a homosexual in As Good as It Gets? ;)

MLE Mar 1st, 2011 08:09 PM

that's still along the same lines anyway

King Hadas Mar 1st, 2011 08:13 PM

;)

Kitsa Mar 2nd, 2011 05:38 PM

Triangle Fire was ok. Man, those shop supervisors sure looked dumb when they locked the sweatshop workers in and they burned alive before horrified onlookers :(

Tadao Mar 2nd, 2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 714215)
I have Chill Factor DVR'd, let's see what he plays in this one.

He played a Ice Cream delivery guy. The movie sucked. Really really really sucked.

Pentegarn Mar 3rd, 2011 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 714218)
Wasn't he a homosexual in As Good as It Gets? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE (Post 714219)
that's still along the same lines anyway

kahljorn Mar 3rd, 2011 04:48 PM

whats that one movie that everybody made a big deal about where he is like some underwater exploration dude who Scuba Goodingjrs it up and then some stuff happens and there's a court case and then at the end a happy ending or something.

maybe that was one of the ones already mentioned :O

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 3rd, 2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 714375)
scuba goodingjrs

:lol:lol:lol

That's official now.

kahljorn Mar 3rd, 2011 04:55 PM

:lol

i guess it was men of honor ;/