I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Fathom Zero Jul 28th, 2008 04:54 PM

Dan in Real Life

Two thumbs up.

MetalMilitia Jul 28th, 2008 05:05 PM

I watched that the other day too, it was okay.

Also I watched:

Interview - I like Bushemi but this was lacking something.

The Darjeeling Limited - Pretty good.

Drillbit Taylor - Harmless teen comedy. Not bad but I wouldn't watch it again.

pac-man Jul 28th, 2008 06:26 PM

American Psycho. Now if you'll excuse me, I uh, I need to return some videotapes.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 2nd, 2008 10:51 PM

2 hrs into There will be blood and I'm leaving work. Plan on finishing it tomorrow night. I know 70,000 other people have already said this but this movie is amazingly grand.

Edit: Finished, great ending too.

WhiteRat Aug 7th, 2008 10:48 PM

Dazed and Confused. There's no limit to the amount of times I can see this movie.

pac-man Aug 7th, 2008 11:02 PM

Coneheads. Funnier than I remember, and good lord, it's like a SNL reunion from all the casts that were funny.

WhiteRat Aug 7th, 2008 11:09 PM

Agreed. Coneheads is a classic.

MetalMilitia Aug 8th, 2008 07:17 AM

In the Valley of Elah - Good thriller. Worth watching for Tommy Lee Jones performance.

Walk Hard - Though I'm sure there have been worse spoofs in the past few years, this could've done with being a bit less stupid.

There Will Be Blood - Very impressive film. I'm not surprised it got so many Oscar nominations.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 8th, 2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 573121)

Walk Hard - Though I'm sure there have been worse spoofs in the past few years, this could've done with being a bit less stupid.

Did you watch the extended version or the regular one. I like the movie but I think I could've gone with the regular version instead.

MetalMilitia Aug 8th, 2008 07:57 PM

Uhh, just the regular one I think. What may have ruined it slightly for me was that I really like Walk the Line. When you watch a spoof of something that is dumb/crap it's funny because you can laugh at how dumb the real film was and how the spoof totally called them on it, but Walk Hard was stupid itself and the Walk the Line was good - so it didn't work for me. :/

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 8th, 2008 08:04 PM

I gotcha. My friend refused to see Walk Hard because she has a huge thing for Mr. Cash. I watched the extended version and it just seemed to go on and had a lot more ding dongs in it.

pac-man Aug 8th, 2008 09:52 PM

I watched the newer Futurama movie The Beast With a Billion Backs for the second time since I bought it, this time with the audio commentary. Commentaries usually suck balls, but he Futurama DVD commentaries are some of the funniest and most informative I've come across.

Girl Drink Drunk Aug 8th, 2008 10:49 PM

Toy Story 1 and 2.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 9th, 2008 08:10 PM

The Warriors. Not looking forward to the remake.

HeadhuntingStickman Aug 11th, 2008 11:16 PM

I just saw Zodiac, with Robert Downey Jr. and Jake Gyleenhal.
IT WAS AWESOME! Probably the one good true story movie.

MetalMilitia Aug 12th, 2008 07:50 AM

Margot at the Wedding - Not bad, but not as good as The Squid and the Whale.

The Eye - Meh. Generic horror re-make with a fairly crap story and cheap scares a plenty.

Brooklyn Rules - Didn't like this much. It was apparently written by the same guy that wrote The Sopranos, but in my opinion shows little of the quality of its predecessor. The characters are one dimensional at best and overall I couldn't help but think the film was trying too hard to be Goodfellas.

The Departed - This was my second viewing of this film and it was easily as good as the first time I watched it. Great thriller.

Kitsa Aug 12th, 2008 02:54 PM

Donnie Darko. That rabbit scared the bejesus out of me. It looked like a Matt Groening character from hell (pun intended).

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2008 07:42 PM

Harold and Kumar 2 - Really funny, especially the Howie Scream during the Ku Klux Kegger.

Finally saw Doomsday - Holy Crap.

Pineapple Express - It wasn't immensely funny but it wasn't supposed to be. It was a solid movie.

MetalMilitia Aug 14th, 2008 07:48 PM

In Bruges - Good film. I always disliked Colin Farrell for some reason, but in this he plays his part really well. Recommended.

Lars and the Real Girl - Also a good film. Well worth watching.

WhiteRat Aug 14th, 2008 11:18 PM

Strangers With Candy. Most of the series' cast was retained and so were some of the jokes, which made for a hilarious time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 574230)
Lars and the Real Girl - Also a good film. Well worth watching.

I really wanted to see this movie when it was in theaters but for some reason none of the three theaters in my area ever showed it. I'm assuming it's on dvd now so i'll have to go pick this one up.

liquidstatik Aug 15th, 2008 01:44 AM

goodfellas & the devils advocate

they were both pretty good, but the latter made me lol a whole bunch :eek

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 15th, 2008 09:01 PM

Finished watching the Brothers Solomon. I thought it was amazingly funny though I could see how a lot of people didn't find it funny. People should "let" it be funny to them.

Fathom Zero Aug 16th, 2008 01:17 PM

I'm watching A Scanner Darkly right now. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

executioneer Aug 17th, 2008 05:15 AM

i watched the aqua teen hungry force movie

it seemed really really unnecessary

Guitar Woman Aug 17th, 2008 08:08 AM

The best part of that movie is probably the "I like your booty, but I'm not gay" loop. The rest of it is just really boring and I don't understand where all the regular humor the show has went.