I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Babs Jul 25th, 2009 05:06 PM

Yeah, I just love every movie that van wilder fuck is in.

I just saw that one Harry Potter movie, something like Harry Potter goes to Arizona or some shit like that.

Kitsa Jul 25th, 2009 07:44 PM

Swing Kids. Robert Sean Leonard looked exactly like Jim Carrey to me.

I could tell Christian Bale right away due to the glittery aura of prickness around him, even if he looked a little different.

I hadn't seen this movie in about 15 years, so it was interesting to see it again.

captain516 Jul 26th, 2009 06:43 AM

I watched Dark Knight. Feels really overrated now.

Colonel Flagg Jul 27th, 2009 01:06 PM

Most of the recent movies I've seen are for the younger set, 'cept for the latest:

Star Trek (XXXIV) When Jimmy met Spock - actually I thought this was a great comeback to a stagnant franchise. After the abortion that was Nemesis, I was expecting to be underwhelmed. In fact, it beat all my low expectations to a pulp, then flushed them down the toilet. It was spectacular.

Unfortunately, the previews included the Travolta/Washington debacle "The Taking of Pelham 456". My son really wants to see this movie, and I'm doing everything in my power to prevent it. I think the next film we'll be taking in will be the new Harry Potter movie, which I admit looking forward to, a little guiltily.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 27th, 2009 01:16 PM

I actually liked the new Star Trek a lot as well. I'm going to see the new Harry Potter movie in IMAX 3D in a few days. I haven't read the books but I'll watch anything with Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes and Alan Rickman in it. Separately the 3 of them are amazing but together....well...it's 3 times as good.

Zhukov Jul 28th, 2009 12:23 PM

I'm still wanting to see the new Star Trek film. To be honest, I've never seen anything about Star Trek before. No TV shows, no movies, nuttin.

The Film I saw last was Son of Rambow. Got it and JCVD on DVD for cheap.

I liked it, very nice and heart warming. Story about childhood friendship and imagination. Somehow a young boy going from drawing lions and cows in his art book to guns, tanks and killing is seen as charming. Still, I liked.

While I'm at it JCVD is great, although I might have already said so in this thread.

darkvare Jul 28th, 2009 01:16 PM

what exactly is jcvd

Sam Jul 28th, 2009 08:38 PM

a movie about jcvd

Zhukov Jul 28th, 2009 11:13 PM

I guess I'm always asking questions here without bothering to google, so I'll bite:

It's Jean-Claude Van Damme.

It's a movie starring him, as him. Interesting story, and there is a real heart lifing moment at the end. There's also a part where he breaks the fouth wall and takes some time out to speak to the audience and have a bit of a cry. He's a really good actor.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 28th, 2009 11:33 PM

I read a bit about the JCVD movie and it sounds nuts...in a good way.

Dimnos Jul 29th, 2009 12:23 AM

What did he cry about? Playing that gay guy in that one movie?

Tadao Jul 29th, 2009 06:22 AM

Jean-Claude Van Dumb

Zhukov Jul 29th, 2009 10:18 AM

Well I actually saw it when it came out, and just bought it on DVD recently, so I can't remember it all, BUT, I am pretty sure it was about the pressures of his life, and how he wanted to be something other than just a B grade action star.

Babs Jul 29th, 2009 03:50 PM

Riki-oh

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 30th, 2009 01:02 PM

RAN - Japanese Movie.
Stone Cold(with Bryan Bosworth) - horrible movie
Harry Potter and the half-blood prince - Theater movie
Kentucky Fried Movie - Movie movie

darkvare Jul 30th, 2009 02:46 PM

terminator salvation i loved the arnie cameo especially the last part

kahljorn Jul 31st, 2009 01:19 AM

ran's yet another kurosawa movie i think :O

Kitsa Jul 31st, 2009 04:11 AM

Training Day, but it was a shitty TV version that cut out the end.

And re-watched The Edge last night. You could easily make a drinking game out of Anthony Hopkins' "yeah"s.

Zhukov Jul 31st, 2009 05:50 AM

Terminator Salvation was a lot of fun, even though most of that fun was generated by my friend and I picking it to pieces.

Last night I received free tickets to see Public Enemies. It was good enough, but exactly as I suspected. I guess you can't expect a lot of storyline to a gangster movie. Acting was top notch by everyone. Car chases and gun fights were exciting. Love story was boring and unrealistic.

Kitsa Jul 31st, 2009 07:37 PM

Bedtime Stories- Good, fairly entertaining if a few plotholes, and it was a nice change to not have a sudden downer where they try to "teach" you something. Adam Sandler is Adam Sandler is Adam Sandler. The movie was basically Billy Madison + Uncle Buck.

Phoebe in Wonderland- Life of a girl with a very OCD-ish version of Tourette's, immersed in fantasyland because she lives in a Connecticut-ish place where everyone's got a stick up their ass. She's some sibling of Dakota Fanning's, but I like her better than Dakota Fanning. Movie was great up until they did a "let's show them we can sing too" thing with a slightly out of place musical number.

Dimnos Jul 31st, 2009 10:05 PM

Anything + Uncle Buck has to be at least pretty good.

Kitsa Aug 3rd, 2009 07:47 AM

Yeah, it was ok. It wasn't "OMG THIS IS WONDERFUL" stuff, but nobody died and it was a nice little piece of escapism.

Also saw "Up". Good in parts, but I thought it really dragged toward the end. I dozed off during part of it.

Kitsa Aug 3rd, 2009 10:33 PM

Oldboy (again). I forgot how severely fucked that movie is.

Also, the guy always reminds me of Tadao, which I know has been addressed here before.

Tadao Aug 4th, 2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 639655)
ran's yet another kurosawa movie i think :O

Yep, King Leer based too I believe.

My Bloody Valentine remake. I liked it a lot. I hear the original is even better.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 4th, 2009 11:56 AM

Did you see My Bloody Valentine in 3D or 2D?