I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

SLjimbolian Nov 14th, 2009 11:10 PM

2012 will only amuse those who thought the world needed a sequel to The Day After Tomorrow. Otherwise, wait till it comes out on DVD so you can fast forward through the crap.

darkvare Nov 15th, 2009 09:46 AM

UP again i cried this time cause i had that 10 year old with cancer story in my mind

MarioRPG Nov 15th, 2009 02:19 PM

Jurassic park!

Kitsa Nov 15th, 2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geggy (Post 658986)
Yeah I haven't seen any scientific evidence proving that the world will end in 2012. Its all based on prophetic mumbo jumbos in regards to an end of the mayan calender. Also a sales pitch to sell more tshirts and movie tickets.

I think people just mainly like using, "So, did you hear the world is going to end?" as an icebreaker/conversation starter.

My grandmother used to have a Nostradamus tape that she played when I was a kid. It scared the hell out of me because I thought it was being presented as some sort of fact. Nope, it was just a bunch of idiots with access to production equipment "translating" quatrains that they had no hope of understanding in the first place.

I hate the History Channel this time of year because it's all Nostradamus end of the world shit all the time.

Fact: The world ends for approximately 155,000 people a day. It'll come soon enough, don't go looking for it.

Wiffles Nov 15th, 2009 06:44 PM

2012 was awesome for what it is. a visual roller coaster ride ^.^

Aaarg Nov 16th, 2009 07:40 AM

A Chinese Odyssey (both parts) -
I found these movies very hard to follow (the first had white subtitles without any drop or shadow, and they would frequently be overtop of light images. The video quality was also pretty bad, so the subs were useless. The second had excellent quality and legible subs, but the translation was horrible and the subtitles would show up before they were spoken--significantly early, actually). Doesn't help to be on drugs. Anyway, I still liked the movies, they were fun to watch.

Zhukov Nov 16th, 2009 10:03 AM

When I die your world ends too, Kitsa, unfortunately.

MarioRPG Nov 16th, 2009 12:24 PM

I watched the Taking Of Pelham 123. It was ok, but I wouldn't really recommend it.

kahljorn Nov 16th, 2009 05:25 PM

2012, millenium end of the world scare, jesus returning, communism (:lol), New world order, etc:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millenarianism

did you guys ever hear about when jesus returned like 120 years ago? People gave up their belongings (all of them), bought rainbow colored shirts that said, "TAKE ME JESUS" and sat up in the mountains waiting for jesus. They might still be there!

Kitsa Nov 16th, 2009 05:41 PM

darkvare Nov 16th, 2009 08:00 PM

damn super has really lowered his standars

Mad Melvin Nov 17th, 2009 07:29 PM

Assassination Of Jesse James yada yada

I thought it was excellent. Visually stunning and the acting is great. There are some hauntingly awesome scenes, like the inevitable assassination scene or a certain supper scene, which had me at the edge of my seat. Not too much gunslinging involved, but the few violent scenes there are, are pretty brutal.

I've had this movie in my shelf for like three months and I really didn't feel like watching it, mainly because I think Brad Pitt is kind of a douche. I'm glad I did.

captain516 Nov 18th, 2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 659036)
UP again i cried this time cause i had that 10 year old with cancer story in my mind

I thought it was pretty messed up that the bad guy die-SQUIRREL!

Ant10708 Nov 18th, 2009 04:34 PM

Why? The bad guy already lived an abnormally long life. He needed to die.

Dimnos Nov 18th, 2009 04:46 PM

Revolver. What a shitty movie. I was expecting it to actually have some revelation at the end that made it all make since. Boy was I let down. >:

darkvare Nov 18th, 2009 08:16 PM

i finally watched zombieland fast zombies still annoy me but it was a really funny movie woody harrelson is actually right about the twinkies in mexico business

Kitsa Nov 19th, 2009 10:21 AM

I think zoombies are scarier than zombies, but I was meh on Zombieland. It had its high points, I guess.

Zhukov Nov 19th, 2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 659402)
Assassination Of Jesse James yada yada

I thought it was excellent. Visually stunning and the acting is great. There are some hauntingly awesome scenes, like the inevitable assassination scene or a certain supper scene, which had me at the edge of my seat. Not too much gunslinging involved, but the few violent scenes there are, are pretty brutal.

I've had this movie in my shelf for like three months and I really didn't feel like watching it, mainly because I think Brad Pitt is kind of a douche. I'm glad I did.

Hey, I forgot I saw this movie, I liked it too.

darkvare Nov 20th, 2009 12:30 PM

the dark knight in blu-ray it has some parts that look really breathtaking

Aaarg Nov 20th, 2009 02:18 PM

Metropolis.

No, not the classic Metropolis. This is the anime, based on both the classic German film and a pretty old manga. Some of the backgrounds were fucking cool looking, but most had that "this is computer animation 3D cartoon" stuff and some scenes look like the type of computer animation used in Futurama (but less "cartoony" I guess).

Like I said, some of the backgrounds were cool, the snow was cool, but the movie as a whole was boring. I don't really care for anime in general, so that doesn't help.

And it had a robot-human love story, which is something I used to joke about frequently.

elx Nov 20th, 2009 07:09 PM

i went to see 'where the wild things are' it was awful:(
if i hadn't of had a guy there with me i would have walked out.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 20th, 2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 659887)
Metropolis.

No, not the classic Metropolis. This is the anime, based on both the classic German film and a pretty old manga. Some of the backgrounds were fucking cool looking, but most had that "this is computer animation 3D cartoon" stuff and some scenes look like the type of computer animation used in Futurama (but less "cartoony" I guess).

Like I said, some of the backgrounds were cool, the snow was cool, but the movie as a whole was boring. I don't really care for anime in general, so that doesn't help.

And it had a robot-human love story, which is something I used to joke about frequently.

I rented that once because it looked really good but never watched it.

Sam Nov 20th, 2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 659925)
i went to see 'where the wild things are' it was awful:(
if i hadn't of had a guy there with me i would have walked out.

YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE GUYS :rolleyes

Kitsa Nov 21st, 2009 08:55 PM

inglourious basterds or however the hell he spelled it

it was okay but I could have done with less intrigue and more gratuitous nazi kills.

kahljorn Nov 21st, 2009 09:50 PM

ive tried to watch metropolis on two different occasions and turned it off both times :(

AND i was on drugs