I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Aaarg Dec 10th, 2010 04:53 PM

also no fucking people

Tadao Dec 10th, 2010 05:22 PM

I like to go to comedies in theaters. Now I go to the expensive theaters with big comfy seats and you can bring in drinks from the bar. There hasn't been a comedy worth seeing in a long time though, unless I missed one.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 11th, 2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 707199)
I like to go to comedies in theaters. Now I go to the expensive theaters with big comfy seats and you can bring in drinks from the bar. There hasn't been a comedy worth seeing in a long time though, unless I missed one.

THE EXPENDABLES.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 13th, 2010 11:17 AM

Grand Theft Parsons. Was actually a pretty good movie.

dextire Dec 13th, 2010 04:02 PM

Inception. I really enjoyed it.
I'm used to good special effects now days, but this movie has really good special effects! :)

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 13th, 2010 05:23 PM

I'd like to watch the extras on inception.

Pentegarn Dec 13th, 2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 707455)
Inception. I really enjoyed it.
I'm used to good special effects now days, but this movie has really good special effects! :)

I just liked the unusual concept of the movie, especially the way the more dreams you go in, the more time passes differently than in the real world

But I liked it, and every movie I have seen with DeCaprio I have enjoyed, he has quickly become one of my favorite actors

Kitsa Dec 16th, 2010 09:57 PM

Observe and Report, because my brother wants that cake as a bday cake:

It had some funny moments. That was the year of the "mall cop" movie.

Fathom Zero Dec 16th, 2010 10:01 PM

It didn't get enough props coz of that Kevin James abortion, though.

Kitsa Dec 16th, 2010 10:04 PM

Ray Liotta is one of those guys who shows his stage makeup too well, though. It's something in the eyes. I think that Ed Helms kind of has problems with that too.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 17th, 2010 04:16 AM

What I learned from Tron Legacy:

1) I can't wait for the future where we all wear sexy body suits. Hot damn.
2) Whoever wrote the lines for this movie should be fired and kept away from any kind of writing mechanism for the rest of his life. Jesus Christ.
3) I would do horrible things to Olivia Wilde even if her bangs were horribly crooked. The way she reacted to every line in the movie like it was the most fascinating thing she ever heard just made it even better.

At first I thought the movie would be amazing (the whole "ISOs" concept was pretty neat) but the plot just reverts back to stupid action mush, the characters have some awful lines, and the action scenes got a little confusing in a few spots cause 90% of the screen is black.

It could be worse, but it could be way better. Oh, and the digital Jeff Bridges was really impressive if you didn't focus on him for too long.

Pentegarn Dec 17th, 2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 707935)
Observe and Report, because my brother wants that cake as a bday cake:

It had some funny moments. That was the year of the "mall cop" movie.

That was a very dark movie, and the end was kind of nonsensical

Kitsa Dec 17th, 2010 08:19 AM

The whole thing was nonsensical... but I agree that it was pretty dark. I'm not 100% on why it was billed as a wacky comedy.

The Leader Dec 17th, 2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 707952)
At first I thought the movie would be amazing (the whole "ISOs" concept was pretty neat) but the plot just reverts back to stupid action mush, the characters have some awful lines, and the action scenes got a little confusing in a few spots cause 90% of the screen is black.

That's what I was expecting from it so I wasn't disappointed. :)

Aaarg Dec 17th, 2010 12:53 PM

bounce ko gals -
some shitty movie about japanese compensating dating

kirikou and the wild beasts -
obviously not as good as the original, but i'll enjoy just about anything michel ocelot has done

cria cuervos -
i guess people like it since it has a criterion collection re-release. it wasn't so bad, just boring. also it stars one of charlie chaplin's daughters. i noticed the name in the opening credits but didn't want to immediately assume she was a daughter... but then she appeared on screen.

Charlie.Burp Dec 17th, 2010 10:29 PM

Friday the 13th ( The remake;'09) - For everyone that saw the first "Friday the 13th" dont kill me for saying this but I never saw the 1st one. I hope the first one was really good because the remake kind of sucked. It was kind of the same as any other scary movie. Same Ole cliches; Rowdy college kids show up to woods for a camping trip or whatever. Overly sexual couple are one of the first too die, Soon after the only black guy in the film dies next for trying to act so tough [ Puts up a good fight though. ] Boy and his cautious girlfriend face off killer. Boy ends up getting killed off and girl runs off. Seems like she's the only one out of rowdy bunch to survive but later on at the end, Suprise ! Killer pops out of no where and kills her. Turns out he's not dead after all and here comes a sequel.

Sorry. I tend to babble and something tells me I watch too much television.

Renata ( spanish movie ) - I just love a good foreign movie with subtitles. Romance movie and quite a tear jerker.

Drag Me To Hell - Hate it, Hate it, Hate it. I thought this movie would be really good and scary but watching the first few minutes of it I wanted to claw my eyes out. I was expecting a Horror film, not a Horror comedy. I think I'm the only one who hated this film because everyone seemed to just love it. Maybe because I absolutley hate Horror comedys? Yea.

Ninja Asassin - I love ninjas ! & Assassins ;) This movie is pretty good in my opinion. Of course I could be saying this because of my strange obsession with Ninjas.. The story was pretty off but all the blood and gore made up for it. :)

Aaarg Dec 17th, 2010 10:39 PM

fuck that, give me five element ninjas anyday.

(and yeah, the f13 remake was balls)

Charlie.Burp Dec 17th, 2010 10:59 PM

Epic ! :love

Aaarg Dec 17th, 2010 11:26 PM

you can see the full thing on youtube. from what i remember, it's worth watching. if i remember right, the plot is basically a bunch of ninja saying that they are better fighters than the chinese, and then they kill a bunch of chinese, and then a couple of chinese dudes learn how to fight back and kill a bunch of ninja.

good stuff.

generally shaw brothers wuxia films are.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 18th, 2010 10:35 AM

Drag me to hell was great but I was expecting it to be splatstick. This local channel had a bad ninja marathon on the other day.

Enter the Ninja and Revenge of the Ninja.

Kitsa Dec 18th, 2010 01:53 PM

I'm sick of all the animal-killing in the latest round of horror movies (Drag Me to Hell, Halloween, whatever that one was where the guy in the leather mask stalked the people in the house and killed that cat in the window)

Tadao Dec 18th, 2010 02:04 PM

Animal cruelty is a common trait of psychopathic killers.

Kitsa Dec 18th, 2010 03:23 PM

I understand that, but I think that the nature of the portrayals has been a bit gratuitous. There's always some sick fuck out there who will have a lightbulb go off over his/her head when they see it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 18th, 2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 708091)
I understand that, but I think that the nature of the portrayals has been a bit gratuitous. There's always some sick fuck out there who will have a lightbulb go off over his/her head when they see it.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/eatin...100351874.html

:(

Aaarg Dec 18th, 2010 05:20 PM

i'm not a big fan of animal killing in films, but that's because i like animals.

i very distinctly remember the scene from fear, which i saw well over a decade ago, in which the boy blows the dog whistle to call the pup back inside, and then mark whalberg pushes the severed dog head through the dog-door. :( fuck that movie!