I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

k0k0 Aug 3rd, 2011 06:11 PM

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is supposedly only about four hours long, but they're a really fun 4 hours. (according to an IGN review) I'll probably buy it soon since 15 bucks is about the cost to see a movie these days and most movies don't last 4 hours and not many are very good.

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 735349)
Finished 2 Stories in Samurai Heroes...

The first one? :confused:

Related note... Did someone here say they played Dynasty Warriors 7 and that it was actually good? Or am I making shit up?

Sam Aug 3rd, 2011 09:49 PM

I think 10k Volts played it.

darkvare Aug 3rd, 2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 735362)
The first one? :confused:

Related note... Did someone here say they played Dynasty Warriors 7 and that it was actually good? Or am I making shit up?

he said sengoku basara or something was better than dinasty warriors

OxBlood Aug 4th, 2011 01:12 AM

I havent played DW7 but I can vouch for Samurai Heroes' awesomeness ;)

...but I don't know if this is the first or second one, it's a PS3 game but I think it's out on the Wii too.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 07:35 AM

That Fist of the North Star game they put out last year was awful.

darkvare Aug 4th, 2011 12:27 PM

samurai heroes is from capcom not koei also koei is releasing a game based on saint seiya
and yes its kinda like dynasty warriors

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 01:04 PM

I just started to stream the steam version of Psychonauts. It's such a fantastic game.

Dr. Boogie Aug 4th, 2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735409)
That Fist of the North Star game they put out last year was awful.

Awful entertaining.

And Samurai Heroes was at least called the third game in the series, but I think there were more than two that came before it.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 01:23 PM

You liked it? I liked the story mode, but the Kenshiro game play was so slow compared to what I thought it was going to be. I did think Jagi was really great in the other modes.

darkvare Aug 4th, 2011 01:59 PM

where do you stream your games nick?

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 02:07 PM

I'm a streamer at Vidya2.

Dr. Boogie Aug 4th, 2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735443)
You liked it? I liked the story mode, but the Kenshiro game play was so slow compared to what I thought it was going to be. I did think Jagi was really great in the other modes.

He wasn't as fast as I thought he'd be, but he gets faster as you level up, and I thought it lent more weight to his hits and made you think about things a little more strategically (as much as you can in a DW game, that is). Jagi was the best, though.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 03:14 PM

I never made it too far into story mode as Kenshiro, I should probably give it another chance. I was trying to run it through hard mode from the very get go.

Wouldn't minde seeing a more story driven Fist of the North Star game, freaking love that series.

k0k0 Aug 4th, 2011 08:51 PM

The only game with Heroes in the title I want to play is the new Guardian Heroes HD Remake on xbox live. The HD sprites don't look too hot, but the ability to use the old school mode is what saves it. Can't wait to beat it on all endings and get all characters for the versus mode unlocked again.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 08:56 PM

Have any of you played those Dynasty Warrior Gundam titles they put out? I was thinking of picking one up, but I'm not so sure it'd be worth it.

Dr. Boogie Aug 4th, 2011 10:53 PM

I've played both of the ones that are out so far.

I would get the second one simply because they follow the DW line of adding things to each successive title. More gundams, new enemies, etc.

I don't know, what are you looking for in those games for it to be worth it?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 5th, 2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 735437)
Awful entertaining.

And Samurai Heroes was at least called the third game in the series, but I think there were more than two that came before it.

Can't wait for Samurai Heroes. I'm still upset Samurai Warriors 3 only came out for the Wii.

edit: Dammit, its already out and only on wii/ps3

>: >: >:

Dr. Boogie Aug 5th, 2011 12:31 AM

Yeah man, what did you think we were talking about?

Dimnos Aug 5th, 2011 02:17 AM

Wait. I was thinking of Samurai Warriors. WTF is Samurai Heroes?

Dr. Boogie Aug 5th, 2011 04:12 AM

OxBlood Aug 5th, 2011 04:31 AM

Yep, thatīs the one. Started Saicaīs Campaign a while ago. She plays really well, great against mobs but not that great against bosses. Then again, Iīm only level 39 with her so I donīt even have the second superattack...her first one sucks quite a bit (some Rocket Launcher that takes forever to ready and fire).

And again, the US-Cover is different from ours...

k0k0 Aug 5th, 2011 05:54 AM

This thread got me playing Way of the Samurai 3 again. I really hope they bring 4 to the xbox in the US.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 5th, 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 735558)
Yeah man, what did you think we were talking about?

I skimmed, got real excited and looked it up. Then saw it was for wiips3 and was disappointed again.

Nick Aug 5th, 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 735662)
This thread got me playing Way of the Samurai 3 again. I really hope they bring 4 to the xbox in the US.

That game was really enjoyable. I thought it was going to be a bit more next-gen when I preordered it, but I was fine with the classic gameplay after I got used to it.

darkvare Aug 5th, 2011 01:24 PM

twisted metal got delayed :(

Dr. Boogie Aug 5th, 2011 01:25 PM

Don't worry, we'll be sure to cover it in next year's E3 coverage.

:(

Fathom Zero Aug 5th, 2011 04:15 PM

John Carmack's keynote was enlightening.

Nick Aug 5th, 2011 05:19 PM

Here's what Jaffe had to say about Twisted Metal being delayed. I'm kinda relieved that I have one less game to buy this fall but also disappointed because I was totally going to stream a marathon of Twisted Metal games up until its release. :(

MarioRPG Aug 5th, 2011 06:47 PM

I've been playing the crap out of Peggle Nights. My addiction to it is starting to wear off though, but it's still wasting too much of my life.

Fathom Zero Aug 5th, 2011 08:13 PM

People got mad at me in TF2 so I stopped playing. :(

darkvare Aug 5th, 2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 735771)
People got mad at me in TF2 so I stopped playing. :(

you can't take anything >:

Fathom Zero Aug 5th, 2011 09:49 PM

I had to stop because the admin said he'd kick me off of the server if I didn't stop spanking their ass. I decided not to put up with their bullshit.

Nick Aug 5th, 2011 11:41 PM

What were you doing that got them so anally ravaged?

Fathom Zero Aug 6th, 2011 12:48 AM

Apparently being within 50 yards of ONE of the opposite team's spawn gates is grounds for a bouncing. Fuck 'em, I don't have to play with those try-hard dickbags.

Chojin Aug 6th, 2011 01:20 AM

tf2 has more than 1 server

fyi

Fathom Zero Aug 6th, 2011 01:38 AM

I know, but they just pissed in my oatmeal. I went back in a bit later, spanked them even harder, then blacklisted it so I'd never see it again. Then I went to play on a server that makes everyone wear partyhats and has Minecraft levels. :D

Also, I'm less than broke thanks to this Quakecon sale.

Nick Aug 6th, 2011 04:41 AM

You should play on the Refugee Clan server with me sometime. They're pretty chill bros.

Shyandquietguy Aug 10th, 2011 02:18 AM

Playin Diablo 2!

MODIFIED!

OxBlood Aug 10th, 2011 09:10 AM

I still love playing Samurai Heroes, as tedious as some Characters like Yoshitsugu may be and I can´t fucking wait for Deus Ex 3.

Another thing...is it really true that Xenoblade doesn´t get a US-Release? Makes no sense to me, that´s why I´m asking.

k0k0 Aug 10th, 2011 05:07 PM

It doesn't get a US release, but fuck nintendo. I'm downloading it and playing it on my soft modded wii.

OxBlood Aug 11th, 2011 04:03 AM

Can´t blame you for it, if I hadn´t done these things back in the day I would never have played things like Xenogears or Parasite Eve or fucking Final Fantasy 5&6...still haven´t played Einhänder to this day

creeposaurus Aug 11th, 2011 04:43 PM

Age of Mythology. The last time I've played is was back was I was 15. I forgot how much I loved this game. Makes me want to play Starcraft again too.

Rongi Aug 11th, 2011 08:12 PM

I'm playing Chrono Trigger for the first time ever and I really like it. I'm at the part where Crono gets killed by Lavos

I would put spoiler marks but the game came out 16 years ago so f u

k0k0 Aug 11th, 2011 08:22 PM

I got Just Cause 2 on the cheap and it really is an entertaining game. I mean, it all seems pointless because of no real story, but just fucking with shit and taking over random bases is fun. I like to pretend like I'm Launchpad Mcquack every time I get into a plane and smash the thing into a base, jumping out just in time.

Oh, and I've never called an open world game too big, but seriously, this world is too big.

Nick Aug 11th, 2011 10:53 PM

I just finished streaming Psychonauts. Beat it with 100%. I still love that game. I want a sequel. :(

Dr. Boogie Aug 13th, 2011 03:16 AM

Finally started playing Way of the Samurai 3 again.

I don't really care for the push/pull system. I get how each one works, but deciding when to pull means deciding to do it with less than half a second's notice from the NPC. Luckily, you can just wail on most of the tougher NPCs and they'll wind up flinching as they try to pull away from your button mashing.

I have a few decent swords, and I feel like I should be working towards one ending or another, but every time I see a noted NPC walking around, I just can't help myself and launch into them to get their fancy swords/spears/whatever.

OxBlood Aug 13th, 2011 05:16 AM

Hope you know about the Sword in the Tree Doc, that thing respawns every day, sometimes it´s even quite decent and you can always just sell it :)

Started Alice-Madness returns yesterday and was blown away by the style. The gameplay is only okay but the atmosphere ist tremendously good. I´d prefer that Xeno-Game but that´s still 10 days away....

k0k0 Aug 13th, 2011 09:50 AM

The push/pull system was kind of tough at first since it does rely on really quick timing, but once I got it down, I could fight those 100 dude battles so quickly. I had to flip the difficulty all the way up and then it was way challenging.

I ended up downloading Borderlands GOTY edition on the pc. I have it on the 360 and have beaten it 4 times already, but it's one of my favorite games and I figured it'd be fun to try it with keyboard and mouse.

Fathom Zero Aug 13th, 2011 08:53 PM

SAM I AM SORRY I STOPPED TALKING TO YOU, BUT STEAM CHAT WASN'T WORKING WHILE I WAS PLAYING DAWN OF WAR II.

Shyandquietguy Aug 13th, 2011 09:27 PM

Been playin' Gap Monsters and just finished. By using a skip. :(

Dr. Boogie Aug 14th, 2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 737548)
The push/pull system was kind of tough at first since it does rely on really quick timing, but once I got it down, I could fight those 100 dude battles so quickly. I had to flip the difficulty all the way up and then it was way challenging.

I get pushing to break through blocks, but pull is almost useless unless your opponent is a total maniac who's always pushing. And keep in mind this is all on easy, when you get a little icon telling you when your opponent is pushing/pulling. As far as I can tell, there's no other indication beyond that. Really, all I wind up doing is using push for some blocks, and otherwise just mash the weak attack button all the time to break through when the other guy tries to pull.

And I did eventually find the sword in the stump. I never bothered to look there originally because of all the invisible collision in the game, but I haven't used it that much because I already pumped up another draw-style sword that didn't have the big negative def stat on it.

OxBlood Aug 14th, 2011 03:15 AM

As far as I remember, you can read the animation of your enemy to determine wether to push or pull, at least I think that´s how I always did it.

Alice 2 is really not a bad game so far but it seems to be way too long for it´s own good, it really drags.

mew barios Aug 14th, 2011 10:39 AM

all this diablo talk has me playing through diablo 2 again. i guess at some point they patched it so you don't need a cd in your drive anymore, but i'm surprised they didn't do something like implement a system to sell increased storage space. i was living off ramen when i was playing this regularly but i woulda robbed a hobo for $5 or whatever if it meant doubling that pitiful storage bin

Shrubfest Aug 14th, 2011 02:35 PM

I downloaded a thief demo, but I can't get it to work.

My lack of gamer skills has failed me even earlier than I expected.

Sam Aug 14th, 2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 737779)
I downloaded a thief demo, but I can't get it to work.

My lack of gamer skills has failed me even earlier than I expected.

This turns me on.

k0k0 Aug 14th, 2011 03:10 PM

I know how to get thief working on windows 7, but I know nothing of the demo. I say find the full game and follow these steps:

1) Install by running setup.exe -lgntforce to bypass the "This won't run on windows NT" message
2) Right click on Thief.exe, selected Compatibility, and Run As Administrator and XP Compatibility Mode.
3) Start Thief up, opened options menus and quit, just to generate config files.
4) Unpack DDFix into Thief folder (for me, e:\games\ThiefG)
5) Replace the stock Thief.exe with pre-patched Thief.exe from http://www.saleck.net/Downloads/Thie...Fix-Thief1.zip It's necessary as the DDFixGUI does not do very well with 64bit windows. Manually patching the .exe with a hex editor is possible, but this was much simpler.
6) Right click on the new Thief.exe, select Compatibility and Run As Admin and XP Compatibility Mode again.
7) Unpack http://www.filefront.com/13839558/Da...creen-v6r3.zip into Thief folder and rand DarkWidescreen.bat, setting up the resolution (1680 by 1050, 100 FOV)
8) The game should work and even show the cutscenes.

It'll be a pain in the ass, but that's how to get thief running on a modern computer.

Shrubfest Aug 14th, 2011 03:21 PM

Well, it was running without any comp modes for a bit, but then just freezes. So far, changing to xp, 98 or 95 has LESS success. Not sure if the fix will help, but I'll try!

(I was only playing the demo because I'm absolutely gash at gaming, but I figured a demo was a good place to start practising. I'm afraid of the full game)

k0k0 Aug 14th, 2011 03:27 PM

Oh yeah, the full game is pretty daunting I suppose, if you don't play a lot of games.

Shrubfest Aug 14th, 2011 03:41 PM

Update: It worked in concept, but as i wasn't starting from a full game it demands a cd.

I'll come back to it when I've gained courage enough to tackle the whole thing.

Grislygus Aug 14th, 2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shyandquietguy (Post 737674)
Been playin' Gap Monsters and just finished. By using a skip. :(

I BEAT THE WHOLE DAMN THING WITHOUT A SINGLE SKIP AHAHAHAHHAHA

Took me back to sitting around my nintendo and taking turns playing Fire n Ice with my friends in between Trog sessions

Sam Aug 14th, 2011 04:06 PM

Shrub you could tackle me anytime and I will Thief you all night long. :love

Tadao Aug 14th, 2011 04:11 PM

I downloaded AVA and plan on playing it, but I have to masturbate first.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 16th, 2011 10:44 AM

Freddy krueger is the new character in mortal kombat.

ThrashO Aug 16th, 2011 02:40 PM

Anyone played Minecraft? The game is destroying my life right now :(

I built this:

And yes, it took crazy long. The inside is bananas.

Esuohlim Aug 16th, 2011 03:03 PM

The only reason I'd play Minecraft is if I wanted to fuck other people's shit up that they worked so hard on

Fathom Zero Aug 16th, 2011 03:06 PM

milhouse you don't play games

what are you doing in here?

k0k0 Aug 16th, 2011 03:08 PM

Minecraft is nones the cool. It's all about Terraria.

OxBlood Aug 17th, 2011 05:15 PM

Got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles today...it´s a little odd that everyone has a british accent but whatever, it´s a great game with a lot of elegant design choices. About 6 hrs in so far.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 17th, 2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 738484)
Got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles today...itīs a little odd that everyone has a british accent but whatever, itīs a great game with a lot of elegant design choices. About 6 hrs in so far.

Want to play that real bad.

k0k0 Aug 17th, 2011 05:21 PM

I'm getting mine tomorrow, when this download finishes. I am not paying any money to Nintendo until they bring it to the states. They can bite my ass. On a brighter note, Europe will be getting The Last Story and Pandora's Tower also.

OxBlood Aug 17th, 2011 06:12 PM

Aren´t there bootdiscs or something for the Wii? It can´t be that complicated gettin a PAL-Game to run, right?

Oh and if anyone wants to know anything about the game I´d be glad to help :)

k0k0 Aug 17th, 2011 06:24 PM

Yeah, I softmodded my wii when I thought they wouldn't bring tatsunoko vs capcom to the US. I still enjoy the japanese version more though! It took all of 10 minutes for me to fix it to where it would play PAL/NTSC-J games, plus games off a hard drive. I don't pirate games for my wii unless they don't come to America.

darkvare Aug 17th, 2011 06:27 PM

i tried playing a bit of mario party ds but thosse lame coincidences that always make me lose at the end always turn me away from thesse games

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 17th, 2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 738492)
Arenīt there bootdiscs or something for the Wii? It canīt be that complicated gettin a PAL-Game to run, right?

Oh and if anyone wants to know anything about the game Iīd be glad to help :)

Does it tie into the rest of the Xeno series at all? The ending to Xenosaga episode III would lead me to believe it is.

OxBlood Aug 18th, 2011 12:52 AM

Heh, that´s something I can´t really answer, I never played the Xenosaga game and I´ve yet to finish my Xenogears-Import ;)

All I know is what we all know about the world, two gigantic beings´ corpses form the two continents, one is home to the organics, the other the machines. Maybe it´ll get clear later on but you´d have to tell me about XS3´s ending I guess.

MarioRPG Aug 18th, 2011 12:41 PM

Still so much fun, just reinstalled.

mew barios Aug 18th, 2011 01:22 PM

i just played metroid fusion for the first time. i was way happier before i saw samus pining for some guy who used to tell her what to do and whining about her computer being a meanie.

Tacobot Aug 19th, 2011 04:04 AM

Been playing Deus Ex and that's been great. I especially like that the main character agent JC Denton can go to a bar have a long political/philosophical conversation with the barman and then without hesitation order a forty ouncer o beer. The man knows what he likes.

OxBlood Aug 19th, 2011 08:10 AM

13hrs into Xenoblade and loving it. This is, what FF13 should´ve been like in terms of pacing. Instead of waiting 25 hours for the game to finally just let you do your thing while boring the hell out of you with mediocre automatic battles and rather useless story-sequences that serve only for you to learn to hate each and every character of the main cast, Xenoblade gives you the gigantic plains with lots of monsters and quests and collectibles after 3 hours while making the journey to and from said grassy plains highly enjoyable.

Those guys from Monolith Soft deserve a fucking medal. Or ten.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 19th, 2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 738598)

Still so much fun, just reinstalled.

AWWWW YEAAAAHH.

I was just about to play this last night too.

Zomboid Aug 19th, 2011 11:39 AM

Nick Aug 19th, 2011 08:53 PM

Rongi Aug 20th, 2011 08:49 PM

I beat Chrono Trigger like a week ago. And Final Fantasy Tactics for the 3rd time two or three days ago

God, what is with Squaresoft RPGs having such easy final bosses? >:

k0k0 Aug 20th, 2011 09:23 PM

Did you ever play Lost Odyssey for the 360 Rongi? It's a good jrpg.

ThrashO Aug 20th, 2011 10:24 PM

MOAR MEINKRAMPFT (it is taking over my brain)

This game is absurd. I cannot stop playing.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 21st, 2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi (Post 738922)
And Final Fantasy Tactics for the 3rd time two or three days ago

God, what is with Squaresoft RPGs having such easy final bosses? >:

Did you get the gold escutcheon though?

Rongi Aug 21st, 2011 03:19 PM

Do you get that in the Deep Dungeon? I got everything there. I couldn't steal any of the Marquis' genji gear because the PSP version doesn't let you >:

Also, k0k0 I don't own a 360

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 21st, 2011 03:29 PM

You get it from the fight where you fight the other worker robot guy. You have to put your robot next to one of the pedestals, jump on his head then onto the pedestal. If you FIND ITEM(or whatever it is where you find items if you land on a spot) you get a gold escutcheon. It has the same name but the armor value is way better. I think there is a gold lance or some shit on the other pedestal too.

edit: found a better explanation
Quote:

Ultimate Javelin and Escutcheon:
Yes, there is another version of the Javelin weapon, and of the Escutcheon Shield. They are called the same things by the game, but I assure you, they are very different!! Both of these items are found at Nelveska Temple. To get them, make sure you have someone with the following requirements:

1. Move-Find Item (Chemist's Movement Skill)
2. At Jump height of at least 4 (Equipping Germinas Boots helps here)
3. Low Brave (30 or less, Rafa and Beowulf have fairly low brave, so they'd work)
4. A Dragon (including Reis), Tiamat, Morbol, Worker 8 or some other big monster in the battle with you.

Now enter the battle there. Let the two Hyudras fly off the pillars, then kill them. Now put Worker 8 or your monster up next to the pillars and your Move-Finder should be able to jump on top of them and reach the tops of the two pillars. On top of them, you'll find a gold Escutcheon, and a tan Javelin. If you're brave is too high, or you just get unlucky, you might get a normal, weak version of either item. If this happens, just reset and try again. You can also fidn some other interesting items here like a Sasuke Knife somewhere back on the green hill behind the temple, and a Nagrarock in the very back of the cave where Worker 7-New starts.

What's so good about the Ultimate Javelin and Escutcheon? Well, first of all, The ultimate Javelin has an attack power of 30!! That makes it one of the best weapons in the game, second only to the Chaos Blade!! And the Escutcheon has a Defense power of 75 and a magic defense of 50, making it easily the best shield in the game!! Be SURE to get these items, but remember, if you're already past Nelveska Temple, you can't get any of these...

k0k0 Aug 21st, 2011 10:37 PM

Fun little diversion if you're at work and bored. A flash mini-golf game that is pretty awesome looking and was fun to see what all the holes would do.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/dampgnat/wonderputt

OxBlood Aug 22nd, 2011 02:07 AM

Passed the 30 hour-mark in Xenoblade yesterday. The design of that game is still amazing. They actually manage to make each location more beautiful and interesting than the one before it and most locations are even nicer at night.

Also, Xenoblade manages to create these tense moments that you normally only get at the very end of a JRPG when the party hast to make that final desperate attempt to stop whatever they fight against not only once or twice but I think 3 or 4 times over the course of these 30hrs, partially thanks to the great music in the game.

I´m up to 6 Partymembers now and each of them is quite unique in the way they handle and what they do well. You got your designated Tank, Offensive Halftank, DOTer, you got plain DDs...The only thing I don´t like is that while the Main Character is not use- or powerless, he´s nowhere near the strongest guy in the group since all his useful skills rely on you not getting the attention of the enemies, which in turn means you have to take along the Tank as your second fighter. And since you just can´t afford not to take a healer along that pretty much limits your Party-Choices, at least when it comes to Bossbattles. None of that is a problem, since your inactive Partymembers also get XP, AP and SP (at a slightly reduced rate until you unlock a certain skill), but it annoys me nonetheless, especially since one Partymember has such good offensive moves that it makes sense you actively play him when just questing or running around.

Still, this game is a 10 in my book, it does so many things right than so many other games got wrong in the last years, it´s amazing how they could´ve missed all these easy fixes to year-old problems.

OxBlood Aug 22nd, 2011 02:09 AM

...whoops

Mad Melvin Aug 22nd, 2011 04:43 PM

Ballad Of Gay Tony

Pretty good so far. A bit harder than GTA IV and The Lost And The Damned. Also, i'm eagerly waiting for my copy of Alice: Madness Begins. I have high hopes for it and I have managed to avoid spoilers and such.

Oh yeah, and I tried the demo of the new Driver game. What a piece of shit. Shifting into another persons body? Who the hell wants that shit in a driving game?

Phoenix Gamma Aug 23rd, 2011 12:49 PM

Deus Ex: Yellow Edition.

It's pretty good. Controls are a little spotty. I might try switching to gamepad. I just wish the game was a little more generous with points so I could get more augments. You "level up" and end up stuck deciding between something AWESOME like cloaking and something practical like boosting your battery recharge. Then you decide FUCK THAT I'M GETTING THE CLOAK until you realize it only lasts three seconds, and now you have to either augment your battery life or augment the stealth to stop hogging up your battery. Meanwhile you're missing out on shit like seeing through walls and getting line of sight added to your radar or lifting heavy shit.

"BUT PEEGEE IT'S A GAME ABOUT CHOICES"
BUT ASSHOLE I WANT EVERYTHING >:

Also everyone but Adam looks derpy as hell. Other than that, slick game.

Guitar Woman Aug 23rd, 2011 01:04 PM

The only augs you need are silent running, cloak, and regeneration. Sink all your upgrade sodas into those.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 23rd, 2011 03:40 PM

Deux Ex Yellow Edition = Human Revolution, which just came out today. There are no sodas :< Lots of beer though.

Also, fucking hacking is annoying, especially with level caps.

k0k0 Aug 23rd, 2011 05:43 PM

So far I ended up putting all of my points into hacking. Hopefully it pays off because my dude can't do any super stuff yet. I pretty much crippled myself right off by going stealth/non-lethal/stun gun. So I'm crouching around with a baby stun gun all over the place. I did finally buy a tranq gun, but I still end up using stun most of the time. Really fun game though, so far.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 24th, 2011 12:07 AM

I kept most of the guns I've found since I upgraded them early on. But since I play stealth, I end up hoarding them, then never using them until boss fights (WHICH FUCKING SUCK, BY THE WAY. THEY REALLY FUCKING SUCK.) I played a lot of MGS so stealth with a peashooter is something I'm used to. Though I do crack a good share of skulls along the way. My favorite map so far has to be the one where you sneak into the base leading up to the first boss. There are a lot of great little moments there.

As for upgrades, I haven't upgraded past 4, which I've still only seen a handfull of. Haven't relied on cloak as much as I'd like (this isn't TF2 :( ) but the icarus parachute upgrade is VERY handy for shortcuts, and the line of sight radar is nice.

There was one mission where I was in a whore house. I snuck into one room and a guy and a girl were on the otherside of the doorway. The guy heard me and shouted. I barreled through the door, mashing on Takedown hoping to knock him out before he shot me. Except the whore ran through the door first and ate a knuckle sandwich right to the face. Then I was out of energy (WHY DON'T THE OTHER BATTERIES RECHARGE???) so I had to shoot the other guy. I heard someone coming my way, so I dumped the bodies (yes, even the unconscious hooker) off the balcony and parachuted down after them. :lol

OxBlood Aug 24th, 2011 02:38 AM

Sounds like fun :) I should get mine today though I fear, they´ll only have the stupid german version. And while Adam sounds more natural in german (his VA isn´t doing the whole Snake-on-downers-voice thing) I don´t fucking want to play it in german...guess I´ll take the german PS3-Version and buy another english 360 version later or something like that. Honestly, fuck Square Enix. It´s just plain annoying. The ggoerman version has german, french, italian and spanish selectable but no fucking english. What in the name of Nyarlathotep am I supposed to do with an italian dub? Or a french one at that, this isn´t fucking Switzerland...god that annoys me.

darkvare Aug 24th, 2011 12:05 PM

i got crimecraft from steam since it was free and i'm actually enjoying it