I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

MarioRPG Sep 3rd, 2009 05:19 PM

That summarizes most games.

Fathom Zero Sep 3rd, 2009 07:41 PM

Certain games have more features on the PS3 than their 360 counterparts. Bioshock only has the Challenge Room DLC on PS3. The Burnout Paradise has a special interface that uses the PS3's web browser. And the Joker Challenges in Arkham Asylum.

Of course, for every PS3 exclusive, there's a bajillion Xbox exclusives.

Killzone 2 is utter shit, by the way, and I hate it. I'd rather be playing Call of Duty any day of the week. And Halo 3? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

LordSappington Sep 3rd, 2009 08:33 PM

I just got a copy of Painkiller. I forgot how awesome this game is. The weapon that the game considers your pea shooter is pretty much a self-propelled BLENDER.

Dimnos Sep 3rd, 2009 08:59 PM

What is Burnout paradise like? I havent played a racing game in a looooong time. Can you buy your own cars and mod them out and shit?

I dont like Halo 3. I loved the first one back in the day and I had one of those French bootleg copies of 2. It was pretty bad ass. 3 though... I didnt feel like it brought anything new to the table. :(

Fathom Zero Sep 3rd, 2009 09:03 PM

You don't get to modify your own cars, but, with the DLC and such, there are over a hundred or so unique ones. Most of the cars come in pairs with different stats and paint jobs, but of the same model. But they are unique, especially the DLC ones. I love the Manhattan Spirit.

Sam Sep 3rd, 2009 09:29 PM

I like the Delorean :eek

Zhukov Sep 3rd, 2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 645852)
I just got a copy of Painkiller. I forgot how awesome this game is. The weapon that the game considers your pea shooter is pretty much a self-propelled BLENDER.

Hmm, I bought that a while ago for $9.95 and I forgot to play it. I wonder where it is.

OxBlood Sep 4th, 2009 04:38 AM

Started the Retailversion of Champions online. And of course the servers were down. They´re back up by now but the performance is still total and utter ASS. I love MMO´s...yuck.

LordSappington Sep 4th, 2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 645927)
Hmm, I bought that a while ago for $9.95 and I forgot to play it. I wonder where it is.

Find it. It's got the cheesiest and most annoying cutscenes ever, but luckily it doesn't put emphasis on the story anywhere else. The gameplay is awesome; you go from wiping out zombies in a Dark Age city infested with plague (and witches, apparently), to fighting whole sects of ax-wielding monks, to a level that can only be described as an Iron Maiden album cover in game form.

Dimnos Sep 4th, 2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 645970)
Find it. It's got the cheesiest and most annoying cutscenes ever, but luckily it doesn't put emphasis on the story anywhere else. The gameplay is awesome; you go from wiping out zombies in a Dark Age city infested with plague (and witches, apparently), to fighting whole sects of ax-wielding monks, to a level that can only be described as an Iron Maiden album cover in game form.

How did I miss this?! :eek

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 4th, 2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

I was reading this and it sounded really familiar and couldn't remember where I saw this. Now thinking it through my roommate has it. Watched him play through the monk level and I'm confirming its ridiculous awesomeness.

Guitar Woman Sep 4th, 2009 07:05 PM

I started playing Monkey Island, but I was shit at it so I downloaded Loom instead.

Loom is holding my attention pretty thorougly, even though I don't know how to access my inventory, or if I even have one, and the only spell I can cast turns shit green.

Edit: And unturns it green if I play the spell backwards, apparently. That's actually pretty fucking cool.

Guitar Woman Sep 5th, 2009 01:42 AM

Ok, I finished Loom in less than three hours :<

Other than being the shortest game I've played it was pretty good. Great, even. I'm playing Kingdom of Loathing and Nethack now.

darkvare Sep 5th, 2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

i remember this game it was awesome specially the stake gun it felt great impaling people to the celling except i couldn't finish it cause it took me time to learn how to kill the last boss and later on i lost interest

LordSappington Sep 5th, 2009 02:22 PM

I don't think I ever figured out how the hell to beat him, actually.
My favorite level was easily the Orphanage.
Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Sep 5th, 2009 03:38 PM

Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters.

It's awesome. I tried to fly to earth and got yelled at by Willie, then I left and got exploded by some red cyrstal guys in hyperspace.

darkvare Sep 6th, 2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 646122)
I don't think I ever figured out how the hell to beat him, actually.
My favorite level was easily the Orphanage.
Spoilers!

it has this weird attack that makes stone rains you get demonized an use youe psi push and make the stones hit it

executioneer Sep 6th, 2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 646130)
Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters.

It's awesome. I tried to fly to earth and got yelled at by Willie, then I left and got exploded by some red cyrstal guys in hyperspace.

lol you need to go to one of jupiter's moons or mercury (jupiter's moons are more recommended cause you will die v. easy in mercury's firestorms) and pick up some radioactive materials :(

executioneer Sep 6th, 2009 07:01 PM

also exploring pluto before you bring the radioactives to earth may make things easier on you

edit: oh ps you need to go to the starbase orbiting earth did i forget to mention that? ignore what the ur-quan drone says for the most part

OxBlood Sep 7th, 2009 03:00 AM

Champions is starting to be an actual game with all the patching and whatnot. My copy of Dissidia also arrived just now, guess I gotta try it out later.

Guitar Woman Sep 7th, 2009 04:37 AM

yeah, I helped those guys out and cleaned mercury out of minerals without losing a crew member because I'm a badass like that :picklehat

I'm still getting attacked in deep space by the jerks with OP lightning ships, but since the spider guys' territory is circled I guess that's where I go next

executioneer Sep 7th, 2009 04:39 AM

well that's one thing you CAN do, but i'd start hunting nearby systems for minerals, ilwrath ships are a BITCH when they've got active cloaks

Dimnos Sep 7th, 2009 06:57 PM

What's a good multiplayer game to play over PSN? And don't tell me about killzone 2.

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2009 08:33 PM

Battlefield 1943. Burnout. Fat Princess. Little Big Planet. Even Ghostbusters is really fun.

Burnout is the best multiplayer online, ever, honestly.

Microshock Sep 7th, 2009 10:45 PM

Burnout has tapped out it's fun for me, i dont regret buying it, it was only 20 dollars and the DLC is ok to play with, but it's just boring now. You should have fun with it for a while though. It also becomes pretty expensive after buying all the shit

And why no KZ2? Fathom hates it for some reason but you may not. Socom? Red Faction: Guerilla, Fat Princess , Resistance 2, GTA4.