I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Questions about the new I-Mockery Message Boards. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4)

Mockery Feb 1st, 2003 01:07 AM

Questions about the new I-Mockery Message Boards.

Now that we've finally gotten off of eZboard... if you have any questions about these new I-Mockery phpBB Message Boards, post them here and we'll do our best to help you out as soon as possible.

-RoG-

whoreable Feb 2nd, 2003 12:14 AM

looks great. I really like how there is a banner at the top to visit the site.

Is that gonna stay or are you gonna run ads eventually?

And as for custon titles I guess you still give em out? I thought phpbb let you make your own....maybe that was vbulliten.

oh well keep up the good work.
________
BREAKUP ADVICE FORUM

Thetawaves Feb 2nd, 2003 12:15 AM

Yeah, are we gonna have to ask for a title?

whoreable Feb 2nd, 2003 12:18 AM

OH and i guess you cant set it up so that our old posts still have old avatars? I kinda liked how ezboard kept your old posts the same.

oh well.
________
Vaporizer Guide

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 12:36 AM

Avatars/sigs/etc. all update in every post you've made instantly, that's how the software works (which is nice in case an image/sig/whatever isn't working properly for you).

In regards to titles, currently only admins have titles since I have to create a "rank" for titles. I would have to create a "rank" for each person before I can assign them a title. I'll look into it further, but for now, we're holding off on titles.

Glad you like the look of the new board, I wanted a nice sleek design and something that would blend in with I-Mockery.com nicely. I might run ads on the index page of the board sometime to help cover things, but for now I'm just leaving it as is.

CrapOnAStick Feb 2nd, 2003 12:41 AM

It beats looking at Tonk all night

James Feb 2nd, 2003 12:41 AM

My only complaint so far is the avatar limitations. 6kb? Christ, I ran an image through 5 or 6 times, bringing the quality down to 0, and the lowest I can make it is 9kb.

McClain Feb 2nd, 2003 12:42 AM

Hook me up Mock.

Screw your rules. Make an exception. I would like to be the I-Mockery Hero please. It's for the best of the board.

Thetawaves Feb 2nd, 2003 12:42 AM

Tonk made my comp run like shit :/ But it was well worth it :)

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesman
My only complaint so far is the avatar limitations. 6kb? Christ, I ran an image through 5 or 6 times, bringing the quality down to 0, and the lowest I can make it is 9kb.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I had changed that number earlier on, but apparently it didn't save it. I've bumped it back up to 50k max.

James Feb 2nd, 2003 12:53 AM

Thanks. But apparently you can't link any pics off sites where you have to change the extensions to .txt.

So much for us poor bastards with geocities.

Thetawaves Feb 2nd, 2003 12:56 AM

Damn, that sucks >:

Zebra 3 Feb 2nd, 2003 12:57 AM

Old Board, Pictures, and Mockery

1) What's the deal with the midi music at the old place?

2) I've noticed that the HTML option is off, is there a code to center and size down pictures at your new place.

3) On a personal note, didn't you used to call yourself I-Mockey God, or words to that effect?

Thanks! :)

JeefGyle Feb 2nd, 2003 01:01 AM

moderator/god

Tropical Feb 2nd, 2003 01:10 AM

HORRAY FOR BOOMSPEED, anyways...
uh... mock, Boogie locked all the counting thread. Can I start a new one on this board?

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 01:10 AM

Re: Old Board, Pictures, and Mockery

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Simard
1) What's the deal with the midi music at the old place?

2) I've noticed that the HTML option is off, is there a code to center and size down pictures at your new place.

3) On a personal note, didn't you used to call yourself I-Mockey God, or words to that effect?

Thanks! :)

1) We went berzerk at the old board since that was the last official evening of it. Everyone just started fuckin around and we had fun with it. Midi's, Honky Tonk, and much more.

2) Don't think so, you need to physically resize any images you want to use in your profile/sig. This helps cut-down on the board's loading time immensely.

3) Administrator / God to be exact.

James Feb 2nd, 2003 01:16 AM

Is it possible to make it accept .txt as a valid image extension, so that us poor people with free sites can use avatars?

And one more thing: Is it possible to extent the size limit to 200x200?

Tropical Feb 2nd, 2003 01:32 AM

So is everyone unbanned on the new board?

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesman
Is it possible to make it accept .txt as a valid image extension, so that us poor people with free sites can use avatars?

And one more thing: Is it possible to extent the size limit to 200x200?

Nope, the .txt extension doesn't work here in any way that I know of unless someone else has figured it out. But there's tons of other free services on the web that will host your image for you. Or you can always post a request on here and often someone will gladly host your avatar for you.

As for 200x200, nope, keeping it as is for now.

Zebra 3 Feb 2nd, 2003 02:03 AM

HTML & Midi

1) I'm curious, why have you decided to turn off the HTML option for both signatures and post/reply?...Thanks! :)

Note: You should know that I did ask at the old place about the music, and one guy replied that it was a virus...I swear I heard that midi tune many years ago on some awful superhero TV show.

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 02:11 AM

Awful superhero TV show? FUCK YOU, that was the best super hero tv show ever! THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO! >:

Anyway, to answer your question, I couldn't find any option to leave html on for sigs only, so that's why it's off. Everything you really need for a sig is there anyway (minus image resizing, which I prefer to have disabled anyway to decrease the amount of people that use huge pics that take long to load in their sigs)

Jebus Feb 2nd, 2003 02:15 AM

Just a small complaint. :(

Is anyone else having problems getting used to the full bar being a link instead of just the text? I keep clicking in the window so I can use the little scroll button on my mouse and I end up accidently clicking on a post or topic. I'm sure I'll get used to it, just wondering if anyone else is having problems...

Zebra 3 Feb 2nd, 2003 02:29 AM

Best Super Hero Show Ever!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
Awful superhero TV show? FUCK YOU, that was the best super hero tv show ever! THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO! >:

Sorry about that, didn't mean to piss you off. Maybe I was a little harsh. That said, will just agree to disagree on the best super hero tv show ever.

StRsCrEaM1090 Feb 2nd, 2003 03:00 AM

i've got 2 questions.

1) what is that weird clicking sound that i am hearing?

and

2) is there any way you can delete a topic that you yourself has created, like say you misspelled something in the title or there is allready a similar topic.

mew barios Feb 2nd, 2003 03:26 AM

clicking? o.o i would've thought that might just be the noise ie makes when you click a link, but i kinda assume you might have noticed it before now :o unknown.

annnd no. you can't delete your posts. but you can edit them to whatever ends you wish o..O including fixing your spelling errors and trying to play off the fact that you might have made the same topic that someone else made the week previous :D

wow i'm helpful tooday :D