I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Best Team Fortress 2 Class (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698788)

Samfucius Jan 16th, 2008 01:48 AM

Best Team Fortress 2 Class

My personal favorite would be the Pyro, but the Sniper is much more usefull(when the player doesn't SUCK)

executioneer Jan 16th, 2008 02:18 AM

ranger/cleric

RaNkeri Jan 16th, 2008 07:59 AM

druid/ranger is much better

although I've always prefered plain ranger :/

MetalMilitia Jan 16th, 2008 08:23 AM

I don't think there is a best class, as each class has a role which is tailored to suit a specific task within the team. Although it could be argued that there are best classes for specific maps (depending on if you're attacking or defending). For example the best class in Well is the Soldier.

The demo man is a pretty good all-rounder because the sticky bombs are perfect for taking out sentry and defending cap points, but without any real direct fire weapon they make easy targets for scouts and alike.

It could also be said that the medic is the best class because you can support the front line giving your team the ability to keep constant pressure on a cap point.

I would also disagree that the sniper is the best class. I don't think I've ever seen a game which has been won based on the actions of a sniper, whereas a good spy or medic/heavy combo can completely destroy an enemy cap point. The only level I can think of in which a sniper can make a real difference is the last stage/last cap point of dustbowl.

Chojin Jan 16th, 2008 09:55 AM

I said scout because those fuckers are retarded when some twitch UT2K3 players are using them ;<

Spetsnaz Jan 16th, 2008 03:31 PM

Heavy all the way.

"Many people can outsmart me. I have yet to see people outsmart bullet."

Chojin Jan 16th, 2008 03:33 PM

I have killed so many heavies as a scout, demoman, and spy that I'm beginning to think their uniform should have a big target on it.

Spetsnaz Jan 16th, 2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 524224)
I have killed so many heavies as a scout, demoman, and spy that I'm beginning to think their uniform should have a big target on it.

I guess it depends on who you play with. I played Team Fortress on X-Box Live and I've always done exceedingly well...

Then again, I usually always make sure I got a Medic behind me and an Engineer making ammo dumps...

MetalMilitia Jan 16th, 2008 03:46 PM

I'd say Granary is the best Heavy map. Mainly because most other people go scout and at short ranges you can turn scouts to Swiss cheese in about 3 seconds flat.

Fathom Zero Jan 16th, 2008 03:47 PM

I'm fuckin' silly as a pyro. They're faster than people take them for and they're the most annoying class.

Spetsnaz Jan 16th, 2008 03:49 PM

The funniest class is the Spy... I see so many people just fuck up it up... Like they go for that stab kill at the most inoppurtune times.

Fathom Zero Jan 16th, 2008 03:51 PM

I hate it when fucking retards can't tell that a spy is sapping their sentry. Meanwhile, I'm shooting the cloaked dude and they don't know why I'm shooting at the "ally," aside from the fact that HE HAS MY DAMN NAME.

MetalMilitia Jan 16th, 2008 03:53 PM

That's why G(abe?)od invented the Pyro.

Spetsnaz Jan 16th, 2008 03:54 PM

Seriously.

Its like some of the retards from Halo went to Team Fortress out of rejection, so they can make that game suck just as bad.

I'm more of a Rainbow Six person myself.... Tactics > Run N' Gun.

MetalMilitia Jan 16th, 2008 03:56 PM

I think TF2 has a much greater range of tactics than RS.

Fathom Zero Jan 16th, 2008 03:56 PM

But nobody wants to be the Pyro. So then I switch to the Pyro, even though I want to be a medic, scout, heavy, and engineer at once.

I play the offensive engineer on 2Fort where I grab the flag and run it back. I'll build a turret halfway around a corner to take care of any tails if they're pretty slow.

Fathom Zero Jan 16th, 2008 03:57 PM

By the way, the Spy's gun is extremely evil and powerful. I love it so.

Spetsnaz Jan 16th, 2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 524241)
I think TF2 has a much greater range of tactics than RS.

You're correct, simply because its a class based game.

Its also great that you can apply a Rainbowesque mindset to playing this game, because I've noticed most people don't play in any sort of organized fashion, and communicate even less.

MarioRPG Jan 16th, 2008 04:29 PM

I like to play as the spy, and pyro, for the whole 10 minutes I got to play.

Max Radical Jan 16th, 2008 05:11 PM

I agree that as a class-based game, there is no best or worst class in any situation. It's all subjective. Except for the goddamn sniper: if you're playing as a sniper, I will guarantee you that there are at least eight more useful classes you could be in any situation, ever.

I'm a damn fine engineer myself, but I'm often the only one who looks at the "people on your team" list before choosing a class. More than half the team being engies = time to find another server. Other than that, my greatest joy in TF2 is setting spies on fire.

MetalMilitia Jan 16th, 2008 05:18 PM

New members, PM me your steam name for an I-mock steam group invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/iMock

Guitar Woman Jan 16th, 2008 05:33 PM

My favorite is the Demoman, if only for the "Meet the Demoman" trailer.

Fathom Zero Jan 16th, 2008 09:08 PM

I HAVE THE 360 VERSION. :(

So I'll buy the Orange Box when I get around to making my Home Theater.

Chojin Jan 17th, 2008 01:21 PM

Aside from loving the scout, I'm usually a demoman, engineer, or spy.

I usually do better as a pyro, but I hate them.

Spetsnaz Jan 17th, 2008 01:24 PM

I never really see anyone play as the Sniper... Granted, I've played this game a grand total of three times, but what gives?