I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What is your favorite Christmas horror movie or show? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701115)

LittleDollClaudia Nov 22nd, 2008 05:25 AM

What is your favorite Christmas horror movie or show?

Mine is the Tales From The Crypt episode titled And All Through The House.

From the beginning when the wife kills her new husband with a fire poker to the psycho dressed as Santa that is let in by the little girl, it makes you want to lock your doors until winter is over.

So 80's cheese, but oh so great.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 22nd, 2008 03:53 PM

Only movie I can think of is Santa Claus conquers the martians.

darkvare Nov 22nd, 2008 04:36 PM

the nightmare before crhistmas counts if yes then that i found it sad that know is some sort of emo flagship

argonath Nov 23rd, 2008 12:41 AM

The original Black Christmas is pretty predictable by today's standards, but there's some good scares and there are some really creepy, dread-inducing parts. The director then went on to make another Christmas horror movie about guns, decapitation, rampaging dogs, and Ovaltine.

Jeff The Ninja Nov 23rd, 2008 02:56 AM

Jack Frost, Not only my first Christmas horror film, but my first horror film. I remember that girl getting raped by a snowman.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Nov 23rd, 2008 09:11 AM

Hands down, Gremilins.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 23rd, 2008 11:37 AM

Shit, forgot about Jack Frost. Jack Frost 2 is where it's at.

darkvare Nov 23rd, 2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud (Post 596605)
Hands down, Gremilins.

gremlins is great too

Mockery Nov 23rd, 2008 04:39 PM

The original Jack Frost is by far the most entertaining of the Christmas-themed horror flicks as far as I'm concerned. Silent Night, Deadly Night comes in a close second though.

Jeff The Ninja Nov 23rd, 2008 10:16 PM

Yeah, there just are not enough christmasy horror films out there. I would love to see a Movie about a killer midget dressed as Baby Jesus.

executioneer Nov 24th, 2008 03:29 AM

man i am glad two people already said gremlins in this thread now nobody has to get slapped

except maybe the op

J. Tithonus Pednaud Nov 24th, 2008 02:56 PM

Oh, Santa's Slay is pretty fun / horrible as well.

Zomboid Nov 24th, 2008 03:00 PM

Gremlins AND Jack Frost are great, but Black Christmas is by far my favorite.

pac-man Nov 24th, 2008 04:00 PM

Gremlins is a comedy.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 24th, 2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud (Post 596848)
Oh, Santa's Slay is pretty fun / horrible as well.

/shudder

This movie was awful. I can't remember if I was drinking heavily and watched it or drank heavily afterword to forget it.

executioneer Nov 26th, 2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 596910)
Gremlins is a comedy.

all horror movies are comedies if you don't empathize with the people getting killed

pac-man Nov 26th, 2008 11:08 AM

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Kitsa Nov 26th, 2008 10:08 PM

I loved Silent Night, Deadly Night.

...naughty!

Mockery Dec 2nd, 2008 01:09 AM

I own "Santa Claws" and can tell you with absolute certainty that it's pretty godawful.

"Black Christmas" - I've seen a bunch of the original, but not the entire thing, but what I saw I did like a lot. I own the DVD now and it's definitely something I plan on checking out during the next month. I have seen the remake, and while a ton of people will tell you it's absolute shit, I actually enjoyed it. It's one of those movies you can tell they just had a lot of fun making and didn't take themselves too seriously with it. So, while the original may be superior, I'd still suggest you buy both versions.

"Santa's Slay" looks pretty friggin' amusing... it has Goldberg in it, so that right there makes it worth viewing for the sheer comedic value alone.

"Misery", while not exactly a Christmas horror movie, still takes place in the winter 'n all, so I think it's a good one to view come December each year. You can't go wrong with a good hobbling.

"The Thing", again, not exactly a Christmas horror movie, but more than enough snow and this is one of my all-time favorite horror movies. John Carpenter's version is just fucking amazing to watch from start to finish.

"Don't Open Till Chrismas" and "Christmas Evil" have also been on my wish list for a while too, though I've never seen either of 'em. The first one is about somebody who is killing all of the people who dress up as Santa during the holiday season, so I really like the idea behind that one. Not sure if they're any good (though I've heard good things about "Christmas Evil"), but I absolutely love holiday-themed horror flicks and I'll try any of 'em once.

On a related note, has anybody seen any of the other "Silent Night, Deadly Night" films? I'm talking parts 3 - 5. I've only seen parts one and two and still hope that they'll release the others (no matter how bad they may be) on DVD sometime. Also, in case you weren't aware, they're apparently trying to remake this movie too: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0934573/

Jeff The Ninja Dec 2nd, 2008 01:38 AM

If this is going to encompass all horror films that take place in winter. I would like to say that the Shining is fucking creepy.

seesawbooy Dec 10th, 2008 07:59 PM

I haven't seen that many but here is my list of my favorites, so far

1. Gremlins
2. Jack Frost 1 & 2
3. Silent Night Deadly Night
4. Black Christmas
5. Christmas Evil

I need to hunt down some more and netflix them

Zomboid Dec 10th, 2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 599010)
"Black Christmas" - I've seen a bunch of the original, but not the entire thing, but what I saw I did like a lot. I own the DVD now and it's definitely something I plan on checking out during the next month. I have seen the remake, and while a ton of people will tell you it's absolute shit, I actually enjoyed it. It's one of those movies you can tell they just had a lot of fun making and didn't take themselves too seriously with it. So, while the original may be superior, I'd still suggest you buy both versions.

God, no. The remake was one of the biggest pieces of crap that I've ever seen. Making a movie and not taking it seriously is one thing, but dragging the good name of the fucking movie that pioneered so many different techniques and is just a classic in every sense of the word is deplorable. I hate that fucking remake with the passion of a thousand suicide bombers.

WHO YOU GONNA TRUST FOLKS? ME, OR THE GUY FROM CALIFORNEE?

Kitsa Dec 11th, 2008 08:53 AM

The Shining IS fucking creepy. I prefer the classic Kubrick version.

Although...maybe someone else can weigh in here....I could swear that one of the last scenes used to be different. We just watched it again the other day on the HD movie channel. And

Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 11th, 2008 06:24 PM

I think it used to be a close-up

Kitsa Dec 11th, 2008 10:10 PM

Thanks, now I don't feel quite as crazy.

Even though I know it's coming, it makes me jump every damn time.