View Single Post
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 01:27 AM       
Damn Proto, why did you even bother watching it, you know the whole story, all the parts they filmed and didn't, and probably have a picture of all the actors in their costumes.
Just... like, play it on your mind and save some dough :p

SPOILER...

I though that when Denethor threw himself off that cliff when he was on fire was helluva corny. I think its the stupidest/most useless addition ( aside from Tom Bombadil of course). I mean, come on. Just get back on that burning pile of wood and save yourself the possible embarassement of killing one of you own soldiers by faling on him. Or something.

And from the perspective of somene who hasn't read the book, I must say that I was also dissapointed in not seing saruman at all. I though that was a cheap shot :p "oh... he's.. he's in the tower... don't worry, we'll watch him and all.. yeah...".

But I loved the Flashback at Gollum's past and when he got the ring. I find that this was a great way to start the movie smoothly.

And the most emotional part is when Frodo tell sam to go home after Gollum made Frodo beleive Sam wanted the ring for himself. That's hands down the most emotional moment in there.
And I loved the focus on Sam and Frode in this one. Their relation was so incredibely deep. Wow I says.
And also, I like the Oliphants part ( obviously) best part ever. EVER. Gotta love how they trample the horses so easily and how they are as big as Brontosaurus.
Speaking of squashing and trampling, I believe that this is the first movie where I saw the actual effectiveness of a horseback attack. That scene where the Riders of Rohan tear through the orcs is fabulous. And I loved the Catapults too, especially when the warriors in the big white city ( whatsitsname) throw big blocks of rock and just squah orcs. Haha they jsut fall and FWOOO you don't hear a scream, or a splat, but you know it just squashed 5 orcs.
Powerfull.

And Sam vs Shellob = yeah right.