View Single Post
distance is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:00 PM       
here's a review of the show from the 9:30 club message board:

ok, so i liked the Bring me to Life song and i decided, why not check out the dollar show. well, much like the record store i work at has CDs for .49 and .99 that are MAYBE worth that much, this concert was adequately priced. Despite from seeing some old friends and picking up tickets to the Sparta/Dredg show, this show was a waste of time.
I missed Carbondale but heard they reminded the crowd of Lit (yikes!)
The Blank Theory wanted really bad to be Linkin Park or something, and despite the fact that the singer looked just like Scott Evil from Austin Poweres and they butchered a Portishead song, i remained optomistic.
Evanescence couldve been called Elvira and the 4 Nerds. She was beautiful yes, but her ONE tone of singing (although she vared on it from high to low) and the bands complete lack of creativity was terrible. In between songs she sounded like Debbie Gibson, and i think she was 19 and 2 dance steps from being Christina Aguilera.
Anyway, did anyone else go to this show? was i just in a bad , critical mood?

on the upnot tho, after talking to the guys from Blank Theory, they were really cool. they just werent quite evil enough