View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 12:53 PM       
She's talking about pen and paper games, Ninja.

I got into them when I was a kid, and I've always had a group of people to play with, so I've always played. I play a lot of D&D (favorite campaign settings are Planescape and Dark Sun...figures that neither one of those made 3rd edition, but it's easy enough to convert, I guess), and I also like the main three White Wolf World of Darkness games (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage). I'm not opposed to the others, but Wraith is a difficult game for a group, and my group has never shown much interest in Changeling.

I've recently joined a D&D group (we play Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft) with one of the guys who has written several of the Changeling books (as well as Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage) so hopefully at some point he'll start up another one of his legendary Changeling games I've been hearing a lot about.

I dabble in other stuff too, I like the 3rd edition treatments of Call of Cthluhu and Star Wars, but it always seems hard for my group to keep those games going for any length of time. I own some humerous games like Tales from the Floating Vagabond, Macho Women With Guns, and HOL (Human Occupied Landfill) but haven't played any of them yet.

I always liked Cyberpunk (instead of Shadowrun, never liked the setting) but the rules are really clunky and outdated these days, and it doesn't look like a revised version is going to be coming.