View Single Post
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 04:34 PM       
as i said in my first post on the subject, you can certainly take the supplement, but it has to have a certain enzyme in your stomach for it to be processed, and that enzyme isn't there if a certain animal product (i'm not sure what) isn't eaten at the same time. some pill supplements do work, but it's because they have a form of that animal product in them, and strict vegans won't take it anyways. i certainly agree that b12 is the only known nutrient that's missing.

also, i wouldn't worry too much about the b12 thing at the moment. if you end up with a deficiency, it can be turned around pretty easily. it's just a pain in the butt. it can take years to develop, or just a few months. it depends on the person. later on, i'm sure you're going to have to supplement your diet, but it can take years before the need arises.

the article i posted is more for reference so you know you're getting what you need, and not trying to change your minds on anything. as i said before, i just want you all to be healthy.