View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 12:36 AM       
"And what about the innocent civilian who just happens to get caught in a bomb blast? "

Collateral damage. Innocence is arbitrary, if not non-existant.

"As for the abortion issue, Rorshach, I am still pro-life on a personal level. After a great deal of thinking however, I have realized that politically, I had to change and become pro-choice."

Less than .16%, and I'll cite the statistic if need be, I have it at the top of my head because I used it recently but its somewhere in my notes and I'd have to dig, of all abortions are cited as due to rape/incest, deformation or complications. Even if this was justification enough for me to support abortion, which it isn't (at least for myself), the figures hardly make a convincing case for the practise.

"These are decisions that we each have to make for ourselves and live with the consequences. "

Its never easy to live with a grave mistake, unfortunately, abortion makes it very easy to kill with one.

I didn't mean to change the subject, or draw fire on your views. I was just trying to muddy the waters a bit. Everyone has a little blood on their hands, and the moral highground is just a matter of perspective. Iraqi's are going to die, but I know our military - They will only be killed if they fight, and hopefully, they will only fight if they support Hussein. That makes things rest a little easier in my mind.