View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 09:41 PM       
I don't think that result would be a good thing. I said that if this case just sort of fades away, that could potentially be the good thing.

In other words, what Blanco said.

Furthermore, I find it pretty amusing that you think my lack of an obsessive hatred for Karl Rove should stand as a litmus test of my "self-professed" liberalism. I find that to be pretty telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
If someone leaks it to you and then you leak it to a broader audience, then both of you have leaked information which is illegal. One action does not negate the other and, as government employees, both are well aware of this.
Rove and co. are trying to argue that Plame's identity was common knowledge within the belt way. This could very well be true, and if that's the case, then Rove was doing Cooper a supposed favor by "correcting" him on what may have been an erronious report on Cooper's part. Rove claims he was correcting Cooper's story, which was going to state that Cheney's office gave the green light to Wilson's trip. The Bush team denies this.

I dunno, Rove very well may be full of shit. If he's guilty of a crime, then I think he'll be punished. That's the whole deal to me.