Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 10:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushnor
It was 3 am
Don't try to sound intellegent at 3am then

Quote:
"artistically sound". That means nothing, because the people who decide what is "artistically sound" are the same assholes who buy the stuff.
Yeah they tend to be called artists. These wonderful brand of people are the ones who study art for years in all of it's forms. If you don't tell us what is "crappy" about it, then your simply stating your opinion which is already worth less then nothing.

Quote:
It does suck, and people do only like it because Van Gogh made it. If nobody told you that it was Van Gogh, or if they like it, you would hate it.
I liked it before I knew it was a Van Gogh. It has terrific contrast in color scheme. It has amazing movement from one side to another. You can find something new about this piece every time you look at it. But you know that's just my logical objective opinion.

Quote:
Just because I am not a master of art eras doesn't mean I don't know about art. Art isn't about seeing what other people tell you to see. It's about... well it's complicated and I don't want to get into it. The fact is, the people who think only people who study art can decide what they think is art are the pseudo intellects.
Anyway, I saw that on the modern art website and assumed it was modern art.
It's not a fact, you're just talking out of your ass. There is an art world outside of the internet. If it's "too complicated" you're coping out of explaining anything.

Quote:
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/vinci/joconde/joconde.jpg[img]
Wow, it takes skill, you can tell what it is, and it's beautiful. Looks like real art...
There are millions of 8th graders around the world that can replicate the Mona Lisa to a T, it doesn't matter how much skill things take. The reason that I can tell you know less than jack shit about art is that you can't seem to explain what makes the Mona Lisa beautiful and Starry Night not.

Quote:
And my originality has to do with the validity of my opinion how...?
Well, I've heard the same rant a hundred times, and nothing of what you said is something that it sounds like you came up with.

I'm sorry you played double or nothing and you lost

modern art:0
ushnor: -260