View Single Post
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 01:05 PM       
Quote:
'HOMOSEXUALITY is immoral and spreads disease, and civil partnerships are damaging to society, according to Britain’s most senior Christian leader.

He also said that same-sex relationships risked damaging the foundations of society, and scientific evidence showed that homosexuality carried high health risks.

His comments were condemned last night by gay rights groups and MPs from the three main political parties, who said that he was swimming against the tide of public opinion.

Speaking about civil partnerships, the first of which took place in Britain last month, he said: “It does not augur well in building the very foundations of society: stability, family relationships. And it is something we would certainly not in any form encourage the community to be involved in.”

Asked on the BBC Radio 4 PM programme if homosexuality was harmful to society, he replied: “Certainly it is a practice that in terms of health, in terms of the moral issues that comes along in a society, it is. It is not acceptable.

“Each of our faiths tells us that it is harmful and, I think, if you look into the scientific evidence that has been available in terms of the forms of various illnesses and diseases that are there, surely it points out that where homosexuality is practised there is a greater concern in that area.”

I think it's wrong to censor him, whatever happened to free speech?
A member of the Muslim Council said something pretty damn similar on R4 a couple of weeks ago, the police investigated and did not press any charges, and Peter Tatchell (of OUTrage)was on R4 the next day defending the bloke's right to say it. So free speech is safe and well, thanks.