View Single Post
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 04:14 PM       
Quote:
I know two women who both have mental and physically challenged children. Both were advised that abortion would be "an option," because there was no guarantee of the child's quality of life. They chose, thankfully, to have those children ,and are both staunchly pro-life
I can only speak for myself, but I cannot understand why anyone whould knowingly bring a severely handicapped child into this word. To me that seems the height of cruelty.

Quote:
Oh really? Hmm, do you really believe that adoption isn't in high demand? I guess pro-life Chiristians NEVER adopt, huh
I’m sure Christian do adopt, but the assholes I’m talking about are the ones picketing outside the abortion clinics, stalking employees, making death threats, etc.

Quote:
Oh, good lord. How often does this happen, Cosmo? Tell me, how many abrtion doctors are murdered every year? How many clinics are burned? What do you think the ratio is compared to people who peacefully protest outside of abortion clinics??
How often, according to religioustolerance.org, a lot. Just in Florida alone:
1984-JUN: An abortion clinic was bombed

1984-DEC: The same clinic was bombed again

1986-MAR: A second clinic was broken into and vandalized; two female employees were assaulted. John Burt, a former member of the KKK, and his daughter were tried and convicted. John Burt became the local leader of Rescue America.

1993-MAR: Michael Griffin, allegedly a member of Rescue America, killed Dr. David Gunn outside an abortion clinic. Griffin's lawyers claimed that Burt had brainwashed Griffin into committing the killing. (There is a consensus among mental health professionals that this sort of "Manchurian Candidate" programming is impossible). Griffin was convicted and given a life sentence.

1994-JUL: Paul Hill, a former Presbyterian minister and leader in Defensive Action killed a physician and bodyguard outside another abortion clinic; he wounded the wife of the bodyguard. He was sentenced to both life imprisonment on federal charges, and execution on state charges.

1994-AUG: Five KKK groups demonstrated adjacent to an abortion clinic in Melbourne FL. They were opposed to abortions given to whites; they encourage abortions to persons of other races. They named Hill their hero of the month.

That’s just on one state during a ten year period. That may be acceptable to you but I'd be willing to bet the people those "Pro lifers" killed would think otherwise
That fact is that these people are supposedly PRO-LIFE, and yet they think it’s acceptable to kill to further their own religious agenda…or in their own words, to save the unborn.
It's bullshit, pure and simple