View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 12:55 PM       
I'm not sure I understand the power plant thing either, but there have been a steady stream of trucks with humanitarian aid ever since, and I believe there are generators or backups so that the grid they hit can function on a partial basis. In other words, it's not exactly the crisis they will play it out to be (unless being cut off from the World Cup is a crisis, and since Hamas h

The plant was built by a UAE commpany to replace a grid originally provided to them by Israel. Prior to that, there was no running water or electricity in Gaza, at all. I believe the statement is "if you attack the people who provide you with your resources, then it hurts you too". The kicker is the power plant was insured by the USA, for 50 mil., even aganst acts of terrorism.

They really are all nuts out there, but I think you're confusing the hip terminology like "collective punishment" with outright war tactics. When you go to war, you do hit your enemies bridges, and power, and airports, and air strips. [/i]