Thread: Rule of Rose
View Single Post
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Summers View Post
Is the Silent Hill series any good? I saw this clip of SH3, and it really gave me chills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkYtflr1KsM
Yes, it is very scary. Until the first Silent Hill is ported to another console in a collection or remade (you can find the PS game on Ebay, but copies go for around 50 dollars there usaully), I highly reccomend that you play Silent Hill 2 and 3. Rather than relying on scripted "jump out at you" moments, like in Resident, the series plays on your fear with ambient music and bizare sounds (also, you rely on a radio that detects creatures with static sounds) and darkness (your only source of light is a dim ray of a flashlight). Also, enviroments range from the ghost town itself to aged, abandoned buildings to the decaying and rusted backgrounds of the otherworld. These factors make playing the Silent Hill series (especially in the 1st and 3rd) a very intense and nerve-wracking experience.