View Single Post
Woud You Like Tangerines?
Wiffle Bat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 09:35 AM        happiness is elusive ..
I thought Id never experience a glimmer of happiness in my life. I was quite bitter for the most part of my life. My life doesn't suck or anything, but it kinda feels like it does, all the time. I dunno why! Maybe its like when people get depressed for no apparent reason, something like that. and Im quite young and lack any experience in anything. Maybe its teen angst or something.

Anywho, for years now. Ive been trying to remedy this by buying alot of stuff. Like video games, consoles, car accessories, popular merchandise. You know stuff I don't really need, but want. It felt good after awhile, but it kinda wore off and I was back to being bitter, and broke. I don't wanna take any medication or anything, cause thats kinda not-natural. anywho, out of desperation. I started getting rid of all my stuff, sold them. Gave them away. And started to distance myself from people and friends I don't really need. Or are bad influences.

I discovered that it was like a giant burden was lifted off my shoulders. Not only do I not need to worry about peer pressure, and trying to "impress" people. I also had more money and didn't worry about paying for stuff and their upkeep. Which means I had to work less hours at my hell-job. Which somehow made me more happy.
Do you people have similar experiences or advice that can give me on this?
Im still a bit confused, but I wonder if this is the right move. But it did make me more happy.

Last edited by Wiffle Bat : Nov 14th, 2007 at 09:39 AM. Reason: grammar